Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

801 Visa questions and statements

905 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  JandE 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Just have a quick question regarding the 801 application statements.

I am sponsoring my wife, so I was wondering if the questions you need to answer around the nature of your household, financials, social aspect, development of relationship etc, need to be answered by her, or can I answer them myself as myself. I don’t mean can I answer them pretending to be her, but given my English is much better, I think I can express our relationship much more clearly and concisely so I want to answer them as myself. I feel like it shouldn’t be an issue given I’m 50% of the relationship anyway and I am the sponsor but you never know with these things.

#2 ·
Hi all,

Just have a quick question regarding the 801 application statements.

I am sponsoring my wife, so I was wondering if the questions you need to answer around the nature of your household, financials, social aspect, development of relationship etc, need to be answered by her, or can I answer them myself as myself. I don't mean can I answer them pretending to be her, but given my English is much better, I think I can express our relationship much more clearly and concisely so I want to answer them as myself. I feel like it shouldn't be an issue given I'm 50% of the relationship anyway and I am the sponsor but you never know with these things.
I did exactly that in our applications. I did actually state that I wrote it, on her part of the application, due to language writing difficulties at the time.

I then had to do very similar on my sponsor part of the application.

One option you have is to just translate from her, and so the English version will be in her words. Your translation will be your interpretation of her discussing it with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.