Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Husband was granted temporary partner visa in March 2018. Daughter was born in Feb 2018. He is now eligible for the permanent partner visa and I've filled the form out and attached the documents. And now I'm panicking. I didn't list our daughter as a migrating dependent in the form because she is an Australian citizen so doesn't need a visa. Is this correct? Should I have listed her as a dependent? I listed her in the section 'Other Family Members Residing in Australia' and included her birth certificate in the attachments.

Also, does he now need a bridging visa to go on holiday? He didn't need one when he was on his temporary partner visa and still technically is, I think.

This visa stuff is so stressful! Only 21-27 months of stress to go!

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
820 visa holders can come and go as they please until the 801 application is decided.
If you have not done so, you should let the minister know about the Australian citizen. You do not need to do more than that, except get her an Australian passport if she is going to travel. She can leave Australia on some other passport but she cannot return.
801 can be granted wherever the applicant is, but if offshore the review rights are lost if the visa is refused.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.