Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

We applied in July 2017 for my partners 820 Visa.

We've limited contact with the department which I understand is normal, if anything they have only requested that myself, as the sponsor provide a few things.

I understand now that at this point we are 19 months in. I've heard that it was best to wait to submit the medicals and police checks until they are requested which is what we've done.

The website currently says under my husband application.

"Examinations required" but we had not received any correspondence to push us in that direction.

Would anyone advise just going ahead with the examinations?

Thanks,

Caragh

·
Registered
6,972 Posts
Hi All,

We applied in July 2017 for my partners 820 Visa.

We've limited contact with the department which I understand is normal, if anything they have only requested that myself, as the sponsor provide a few things.

I understand now that at this point we are 19 months in. I've heard that it was best to wait to submit the medicals and police checks until they are requested which is what we've done.

The website currently says under my husband application.

"Examinations required" but we had not received any correspondence to push us in that direction.

Would anyone advise just going ahead with the examinations?

Thanks,

Caragh
We didn't get any request for medicals, but submitted them within two months anyway, after hearing that fully completed applications get priority.

On our latest visa, (the 801) I noticed that the IMMI account mentioned that they were waiting for something from us; but I hadn't had any request, so I asked them what they needed.
We got the visa grant the next month, with no other reply.

·
Registered
179 Posts
We didn't get any request for medicals, but submitted them within two months anyway, after hearing that fully completed applications get priority.

On our latest visa, (the 801) I noticed that the IMMI account mentioned that they were waiting for something from us; but I hadn't had any request, so I asked them what they needed.
We got the visa grant the next month, with no other reply.
Hi JandE - thank you for sharing that information.

Would you be able to share how you communicated with the department to ask what they needed?

Hoping to cajole some action on my visa too :)

·
Registered
6,972 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I supplied my police checks at the very beginning and medical 4 months after.

I applied for 820 in February 2017 and got a grant in December the same year.

I agree that fully completed applications get priority.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys we are about to start our application and have a few simple questions.
1) when we do 40sp n 47sp do we need to provide and documentation? Ei: citizenship certificate, police clearance, birth certificate etc.. I mean we understand we have to give proof of relationship docs but is it a requirement to have all the other documents when starting the application.
The reason for my question, as you all know the law regarding application will change soon, so we just want to submit our application and worry about all other docs that r not mandatory later.
I have lost my citizenship certificate and need to get a few other things as well.
So basically can we just lodge the forms and pay the money and afterwards add everything we need so that we dont get affected by the new law.
Thanks for your help

·
Registered
179 Posts
Not sure how you do it for a temporary visa application, we used the Partner (Permanent) Processing Centres Enquiry Form:
Looks like partner visas have their own enquiry form which is great :)

Permanent visa applicant here too, and I've used the DHA Global Feedback Unit form with reasonable success (suggestion, not complaint or compliment) was hoping there might be another avenue!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey All, I'm hoping anyone can help me. I applied for partner visa in July 2017, I have submitted my police check, however I don't know how can I submit my medical. I submitted my application on paper, and if I go to immigration website I can't generate my HAP I'd.
I called to immigration and been advised to wait till they will request however I know they consider full applications firstly.
Is any way how can I get my HAP I'd???
Please help.
Thank you
Iwona

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.