Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
My partner and I have just momentarily submitted our 820/801 Defacto application Online.

Regarding migrating and non-migrating family members the following two questions are asked:

MIGRATING FAMILY MEMBERS

Q: Are there any family members applying to migrate with the applicant?

A: No

NON-MIGRATING FAMILY MEMBERS

Q: Does the applicant have any family members not included in this application?

A: Yes

I was then asked to supply a list of all non-migrating family members, to which I included the details of 11 non-migrating family members.
I started filling in the form for my husband's 309 application last night, and ran into similar problems on this question as well. It wasn't until I reached the next question

Does the applicant have any parents, siblings or children including those that are deceased?

That I realized my error, and went back and changed the answer for the previous question (about non-migrating family members) to No (there is some information provided by clicking the ? but its really not very clear).

My main confusion now, is where we should be listing my husband's minor daughter (she doesn't live with us, and is not migrating), and whether we will need her to have a medical as well.

· Registered
45 Posts
A minor child would class as a dependant, even if not migrating, and they would need to undergo a medical.
I thought that was the case, so based on that am I correct in that the child should be listed under the question

NON-MIGRATING FAMILY MEMBERS

Q: Does the applicant have any family members not included in this application?

rather than the following question that asks about parents/siblings etc

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.