Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Scotster - Save yourself the hassle and the large cost mate. Now it's online certified documents are not required. Just upload colour copies of the original documents.
Are you sure Adam? The little "?" symbols say that things still need to be certified.

This would be great News. I'm having to stay up tonight to get everything all ready for tomorrow. The JP is only available one day a week for certifying stuff like this. So not having to get everything certified would be a great help with everything, especially on New Years Eve! :D

I suppose it does seem strange to upload a copy of a copy thats been copied - lol

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Colour = OK, B&W = certified

Scotster - Save yourself the hassle and the large cost mate. Now it's online certified documents are not required. Just upload colour copies of the original documents.
This is great News Adam & thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I quickly called the European Service Centre and they confirmed that this is ok, so long as everything is in Colour. They said that if any documents are Black & White copies, they still require certification on them.

If your ever out here, I'll grab you a pint of your vice! :D

· Registered
88 Posts
I have a question regarding online lodging and it is in regards to the statutory declarations from AU citizens and I was wondering if anyonw could help.

Is it something they have to lodge online or do they still fill the paper 888 form and then we scan it when we apply. I need to lodge my application very soon and I wanted to know as, if it continues to be the paper form first, I can ask our witnesses to start getting it ready.

I tried to start filling up the information on the application to see how it was when it reached that section, but I am currently out of Australia and the system detected that (I guess it checks your location before you completely submit it) so I was unable to proceed until I get back.

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I have a question regarding online lodging and it is in regards to the statutory declarations from AU citizens and I was wondering if anyonw could help.

Is it something they have to lodge online or do they still fill the paper 888 form and then we scan it when we apply. I need to lodge my application very soon and I wanted to know as, if it continues to be the paper form first, I can ask our witnesses to start getting it ready.

I tried to start filling up the information on the application to see how it was when it reached that section, but I am currently out of Australia and the system detected that (I guess it checks your location before you completely submit it) so I was unable to proceed until I get back.
Hi Abby603,

With our application, we had the paper 888 forms filled out, took colour scans of them all & then attached them online.

I personally can't see them not wanting the paper forms, as when you fill out the forms online, you do not have any space to include your supporting witnesses statements. You would probably be best calling a IMMI Contact Centre for absolute confirmation on this.

Hope this helps :D

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
So we just found out that our application will be going to the back of the link, bottom of the pile, or however else yo want to call it. Apparently is due to my UK Police check dragging its feet - maybe things will move faster when it arrives?

Were a bit gutted to be honest. We were hoping for a quick turnaround once the UK Police check arrived back, but unfortunately its not going to be so.

At the end of the day were still happy, as it means that we don't have to think about anything until the end of 2014. I think we have enough to worry about just now anyway (selling the house, moving back up to QLD to be closer to both our families etc), so its probably a saving grace.

C'est la vie, lol :p

· Registered
88 Posts
That's a bummer, Scotster86, but hopefully it'll just give you enough time to do everything that needs to be done to move back to AU without having to rush too much.

I am still struggling with this application and, as I go, more questions arise... Did any of the people who already submitted it provided actual statutory declarations about the history of the relationship, nature of the household, social context, financial stuff, etc. apart from everything that already has to be filled up in the online form?

It just all feels so incredibly repetitive and if statutory declarations (witnessed and signed) need to be provided for all those things, they will say practically what was already mentioned in the online form.

Any ideas?:confused:

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
That's a bummer, Scotster86, but hopefully it'll just give you enough time to do everything that needs to be done to move back to AU without having to rush too much. I am still struggling with this application and, as I go, more questions arise... Did any of the people who already submitted it provided actual statutory declarations about the history of the relationship, nature of the household, social context, financial stuff, etc. apart from everything that already has to be filled up in the online form? It just all feels so incredibly repetitive and if statutory declarations (witnessed and signed) need to be provided for all those things, they will say practically what was already mentioned in the online form. Any ideas?:confused:
Hey Abby603,

I'm still in Oz as I made an onshore application, so that's one good thing at least.

I actually called up bout this too, as I was of the same opinion. I was told to submit everything we felt was relevant, where we would then be contacted if any further clarification or other info if it was required when our application is assessed - not exactly the answer I was looking for.

Where your asked to submit this stuff online in your ImmiAccount, we have attached our proofs in the sections that do not have a "?" Beside them - such as photos, skype transcripts, landline phone bills, receipts & hotel bookings etc.

It seems to me that as this is still a new process for online submission and it is still in its infancy, a lot of the call centre staff at Immi are not exactly sure what should go where either, as they don't seem to have all been trained on how the online application looks, works or what is being asked of applicants. We've been given different opinions on what should be submitted where & this is obviously not good from an applicants perspective as we want to make the application as clear as possible, with what is required & where it should be attached being clearer to reduce future work by Immi staff and also the applicants.

I've even found myself taking onboard what one call centre advisor says and then immediately calling back, getting a second opinion if it doesn't seem to be right & then questioning the previously advised information to see what they say. I know this may come across wasting my own and Immi's time, but when your told something that really doesn't seem right, what else can you do?

One advisor even said to us that they had not even seen or been trained on how to answer questions about the online application process yet.

From what we have found out so far, it all really depends on what your case officer deems as being necessary to make a decision on your application. The call centre staff can answer your question saying that should be ok, but you might be asked for other things or clarification by your case officer.

I suppose its understandable that things are this way, as no two applications will ever be the same really. However we do feel that things should be made as clear as possible. We don't want to waste anybody else's or our own time either now or further down the line.

If your ever unsure about anything, I would always suggest that you call Immi to get clarification on the issue(s). Always take note of what you asked, who you spoke to and the response that you were given. I do this with any organisation or business that I call & it can help in the future if you need to justify why you did something that is then deemed to be incorrect etc.

Good luck with your application! :D

· Registered
88 Posts
Hey Abby603,

I'm still in Oz as I made an onshore application, so that's one good thing at least.
That's good at least.

I agree with you in regards to how the system is so new, nobody seems to know what to do or how to do it. I honestly regret not having done it by paper (there's a JP in my building so getting stuff certified wasn't a problem), but I thought it would be "simpler" to do it online and "cleaner".

Oh well, no point in dwelling on it. It has just been so frustrating in general as nothing seems to have a proper structure. I already went through a similar visa process when I applied for the PMV, so I had an idea in my mind of how to do this application that has just been basically torn apart by the confusing and redundant system. Not to mention that what should be a fairly simple application (no need to do health check or police check and pretty straightforward evidence) has actually become a nightmare and I can't wait until I finally get it over with.

For now I guess we should all just try to do the best we can, be as clear as possible and hope for the best.

Thanks for the help and good luck to you too!

· Registered
88 Posts
So after all my struggles last night, I got my visa granted today before I was even done uploading documents!

I am obviously very happy about this, but it still feels so unreal! I was already planning everything that I was gonna upload tonight when I got home after work.

Anyway, good luck everybody with your visas and thanks once again for all the help :)

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
So after all my struggles last night, I got my visa granted today before I was even done uploading documents! I am obviously very happy about this, but it still feels so unreal! I was already planning everything that I was gonna upload tonight when I got home after work. Anyway, good luck everybody with your visas and thanks once again for all the help :)
So happy for you Abby. Congratulations on your good news!

· Registered
10 Posts
Organizing scans

Hi,

That app sounds great!
We used our scanner (it look forever! Especially when we thought we had to rearrange it all). We had everything into financial, social, nature of the household and nature of commitment.
Hi rhirhi,

Just a question about the scanning, did you put scans together to a single pdf file or just added them as separate scans? I'm thinking of those documents who has more than one side, it would probably be easier to put the documents together in one pdf file so that you can scroll through the pages there. But I don't know if they require that or not, what they would prefer. Cheers!

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I just received an email reminding me to ensure any outstanding information thats missing from our application should be submitted without delay.

It also said that we should soon receive a case officer, and we wondered how long others have waited one they received this email.

Thanks in advance for providing info. :D

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
My application has been approved and I was granted an 820 Visa on Thursday 04/09/2014. We are so happy and relieved at the same time.

My Partner received a call around 13:40, He was asked the following questions:

Do you see the relationship continuing due to your age differences?

Your partner was homesick and returned to the UK previously. Since submitting your application, has your partner had the same feelings, or do they have them now?

Do you have any questions about the application?

I hope everyone else has a good result like we have had so far. All the best for your own applications!

· Registered
24 Posts
hi members I hope you all are doing great , I'm new on this site Anyone please help me about the current MRT processing time for partner visa refusal I had my partner visa refused in 29th of August 2014 and currently going to Loge MRT which is very frustrating can some one please help me . Is anyone won in MRT or going through MRT ? Plz give ur suggestion witch can support my MRT case ? Thanks 4 help .

21 - 40 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.