Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I am currently filling out the application for 820/801 Partner Visa. We want to do this without an agent.

My partner and I have been together since Jan 2017 and living together since Aug 2017. We got engaged June 2018 but haven't been in a rush to set a wedding date yet and still don't have one.

I'm wondering if it would be better to put our status on the application as De Facto or engaged and just choose an approx wedding date? What do you think?

· Registered
6,521 Posts
It think, from what you have posted, that you appear to be at a complete loss about the criteria for an 820/801 application.

Which (if any) viable visa options you might have depends on where you are and the particulars and duration of your relationship, the current immigration status of the sponsor and applicant and their antecedents.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

· Registered
206 Posts
Hi Guys,
I am currently filling out the application for 820/801 Partner Visa. We want to do this without an agent.

My partner and I have been together since Jan 2017 and living together since Aug 2017. We got engaged June 2018 but haven't been in a rush to set a wedding date yet and still don't have one.

I'm wondering if it would be better to put our status on the application as De Facto or engaged and just choose an approx wedding date? What do you think?
I don't mean to be rude, but seek the advice of an agent. You have a lot to lose if you don't do it right and you seem at a loss to me.

There are good agents sticky on this site. Please choose one.

· Registered
6,521 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It think, from what you have posted, that you appear to be at a complete loss about the criteria for an 820/801 application.

Which (if any) viable visa options you might have depends on where you are and the particulars and duration of your relationship, the current immigration status of the sponsor and applicant and their antecedents.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.
Hi

I'm in Perth, WA as I'm filling in this application, on a eVisitor (651) visa (no 8503 condition). We've been in a relationship for 3 years, De Facto for 2 years, and the sponsor is an Australian Citizen. I am a British citizen.

I know the criteria I'm just not sure what status to put us under as we are De Facto but also engaged just with no wedding date?

· Registered
7,392 Posts
Hi

I'm in Perth, WA as I'm filling in this application, on a eVisitor (651) visa (no 8503 condition). We've been in a relationship for 3 years, De Facto for 2 years, and the sponsor is an Australian Citizen. I am a British citizen.

I know the criteria I'm just not sure what status to put us under as we are De Facto but also engaged just with no wedding date?
Defacto is a relationship near enough equal to married.

Engaged is lower in the chain, and is not a marriage like relationship.

Being engaged is good for the PMV 300 visa, but not always enough for the 820 or 309.

I would go for Defacto.

Reactions: EmiH

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Defacto is a relationship near enough equal to married.

Engaged is lower in the chain, and is not a marriage like relationship.

Being engaged is good for the PMV 300 visa, but not always enough for the 820 or 309.

I would go for Defacto.
Thanks for the help! I also thought this.

· Registered
70 Posts
Hello everyone

I got my 820 visa. What should i do now?
Do i have to apply for 801 visa separately (new application)
Or i have to continue with the 820 one regarding uploading the documents

· Registered
7,392 Posts
Hello everyone

What is your timeline?

You need to do the 2nd stage application, for the 801 visa, at about 24 months after you submitted the 820 application.

· Registered
70 Posts
Hello everyone

What is your timeline?

You need to do the 2nd stage application, for the 801 visa, at about 24 months after you submitted the 820 application.
Thanks for answering
My time line is
Got my pmv 300 on September 2019
Arrived to Australia November 2019
Got married February 2020
Applied for 820 on 19th March 2020 got my 820 today

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.