Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm a dual American-English Citizen who has been in England for 10 years and has not travelled abroad much since then. I met my fiancé who is an Australian citizen when he came over on a work visa two years ago. His visa is about to run out so he is returning to Australia in March to return to his job and house and I would like to join him. We've had no luck with UK visas as I don't earn enough to sponsor him however in Australia he earns enough to sponsor me.

My plan is to apply for visitor visa (600) and go over soon after him on a one way ticket and get married and apply for the 820/801 partner visa. I know I would qualify for it and I'm under the idea I would be granted a bridging visa a class until the provisional partner visa is granted, upon which I could stay in the country for two years until the permanent one is granted and then I will have indefinite leave to remain.

My question is will this plan work? Has anyone done anything similar?
This will be my first time taking a plane on my own and I want to make sure I'm not going to get turned away also for having a one way ticket, would it be better to get a return?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.