Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Does anyone know if partner visa processing time has recently changed? I've been told that its 12-18 months for 820 but i just went on immi website it says over 20 months O_O.

And does temporary non employment of sponsor affect visa application?

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
Hello,
Does anyone know if partner visa processing time has recently changed? I've been told that its 12-18 months for 820 but i just went on immi website it says over 20 months O_O.

And does temporary non employment of sponsor affect visa application?
The actual times change each month after they calculate what the actual times were for the previous month.
ie: on 25 Jan the processing times were
Processing times: 21-25 months =
75% of 820 applications were completed in 21 months or under. (many around 12 months)
15% took between 21 and 25 months
10% took over 25 months

Last updated: 25 January 2019 (for month ending 31 December 2018)

What it will be this month depends on the complexity, and numbers, of cases being processed this month.

I (the sponsor) was not working, and we got the 820 quickly.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think the processing time changes from time to time because few months ago I saw on my immi account it was 25- 35 months but it changes again another time ..

My 820 visa was approved after 10 months and my partner which is my sponsor wasn't employed the moment we lodged the application and the moment it was approved :D

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Like JandE said, the majority of applicants (75%) get processed in under the first listed time. If it's 21 months, then an app processed in one week falls into that percentage as does one that's 20 months.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.