Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone, I was living overseas with my partner and had pending application for 820 partner visa and were advised by CO that department is ready to make the decision and we need to return to Australia for this.

We have returned and have notified the department but haven't heard anything from the department for two weeks.

What is the usual timeline for finalisation of the application and maybe someone knows the stages of it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
BVA waiting TR

So its been 24 months since i have applied for the partner visa. My partner and i got married 4 months after applying the visa and now we have a baby of 18months.
Since i applied for my visa ive been on a bringing visa A which been 24 months since. 18 months after applying they email me for more information which i already send. Since then no feedback. And still on bringing visa A
I email them last week and got an email from them today saying my application still bring assessed. Do i need to worry? What should i do?
We been together for almost 2 years before applying and been living together for almost 1 year during these 2 years. And got married after applying which in a bit more than a month will be 2 years since we got married.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
So its been 24 months since i have applied for the partner visa. My partner and i got married 4 months after applying the visa and now we have a baby of 18months.
Since i applied for my visa ive been on a bringing visa A which been 24 months since. 18 months after applying they email me for more information which i already send. Since then no feedback. And still on bringing visa A
I email them last week and got an email from them today saying my application still bring assessed. Do i need to worry? What should i do?
We been together for almost 2 years before applying and been living together for almost 1 year during these 2 years. And got married after applying which in a bit more than a month will be 2 years since we got married.
820 processing times say 90% of applications are finalised in 22 months or less. That means there's about 10% of apps that can take longer than 22 months. You can make a complaint to immigration and see if that gets your app moving. Good news is as 2 years have now passed since your applicatiom date, you may be assessed for PR (801) as well when they look at your app.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi skybluebrewer.... thanks a lot for the infos. I was worried did not know what to do. Fingers cross i go straight to the 801 instead.
Does that mean im gonna have to send more infos for the 801( if i go straight on the 801) or because they already asked me 5 months ago for more infos i wont have to do it again.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Hi skybluebrewer.... thanks a lot for the infos. I was worried did not know what to do. Fingers cross i go straight to the 801 instead.
Does that mean im gonna have to send more infos for the 801( if i go straight on the 801) or because they already asked me 5 months ago for more infos i wont have to do it again.
No idea if they will or won't but I would think it's a good sign if they do as it could be for the 801.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Have you updated them with the birth of your baby?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Ejona

Yeah i did. They asked for some documents in Dec or Nov last year which i sent already then did not hear from them until i email them for update few weeks ago and then they recently asked me for police check. i guess they now working on my file but not sure if they gonna process TR or PR. Ive been on my bringing A for almost 25 months.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.