Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I was approved for my 820 visa and due to health circumstances we weren't able to complete it immediately

I keep reading that people do it in 2 months, others say theres no hard limit, and when I called the woman I spoke to was very nonchalant, told me I had until the end of the 2nd year of my bridge visa and not to worry about it (she emailed me some links, she was very helpful)

Has anyone else had to wait to submit their 801?

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Not sure what exactly you're asking here.

You are eligible for the 801 two years after applying for the 820/801 and you should submit your documents for the 801 as soon as possible after eligibility. Some people wait a very long time but I personally wouldn't risk it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure what exactly you're asking here.

You are eligible for the 801 two years after applying for the 820/801 and you should submit your documents for the 801 as soon as possible after eligibility. Some people wait a very long time but I personally wouldn't risk it.
Thanks for your response. Just one question, do you mean the application or the approval? I used an immi agent for the 820.

·
Registered
308 Posts
When are you eligible for 801?
It should be 2 years after the date you have applied for 820. The date of grant of the 820 isn't relevant.

Personnally I was eligible for 801 on Aug 2016 and applied in May 2017. We were not contacted at any point in this period.
The reason is that we did long distance from april 16 to feb 17 and I wanted to wait to have newer stronger evidences (like a lease) to apply and don't create doubt that the physical separation was permanent.

Note that from now though they only request evidences once - so if they contact you because you haven't uploaded anything and you miss a piece, it's a refusal :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.