Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently applied for a 820/801 onshore visa
I am currently on a working holiday 417 and when this finished in November I go onto a BVA
If I travel in July (and return to in August) whilst still on my 417 will that cancel my BVA?

Also, IF (long shot I know) my temporary partnership visa was granted while I was on my holiday would that mean I would loose it as I was out of the country when it was granted?

Please and thank you!!

Katy (-:

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
You can travel if you your current visa allows it. Just be sure you're onshore before it ends or any last entry by dates.

You have to be onshore for the grant so make sure you upload a travel itinerary and contact info during your trip. They'll likely contact you if they want to finalize your app while you're gone and ask you to return or if it's a short trip, they may wait until you're back.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can travel if you your current visa allows it. Just be sure you're onshore before it ends or any last entry by dates.

You have to be onshore for the grant so make sure you upload a travel itinerary and contact info during your trip. They'll likely contact you if they want to finalize your app while you're gone and ask you to return or if it's a short trip, they may wait until you're back.
Hi there,

Thanks for your reply, I did not mean to duplicate this question, I am new to the forum. I do have one further question!
How would I notify the department of my intention to travel, would this be by calling the phone line (this seems to involve being on hold for hours) or by uploading documentation to my application to show this? or is there another way? my application email was simply signed "The department of Home affairs" and did not include any details of how to contact them regarding my application.

Thanks again! Katy

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Hi there,

Thanks for your reply, I did not mean to duplicate this question, I am new to the forum. I do have one further question!
How would I notify the department of my intention to travel, would this be by calling the phone line (this seems to involve being on hold for hours) or by uploading documentation to my application to show this? or is there another way? my application email was simply signed "The department of Home affairs" and did not include any details of how to contact them regarding my application.

Thanks again! Katy
You can update your new (temporary) contact details through your ImmiAccount and update them again on your return. Don't waste your time calling the Department. Life is too short for that...

Reactions: CollegeGirl
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.