Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Firstly thanks to everyone on here - it's been a great source of information for me so far.

I recently lodged my 820 application, but possibly jumped the gun without doing enough research on the definition of De Facto.. My partner and I have been in a 'Committed' relationship since Jan 2013, but technically didn't live at the same address until November. I have entered January as the date the De Facto relationship began.

My question is do I contact the department now and change the date to November, or leave it as is? Length of time isn't an issue as we have ample evidence of over 5 years of joint living/finance etc. My partner is still filling out her application so obviously I want her dates to match, whether I change it or not.

I'm hoping that by flagging this issue now it won't be detrimental to the application. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
6,600 Posts
If you are applying on a de- facto basis, you must provide convincing evidence that you have been in a de-facto relationship for st least 12 months on the day you lodged the application.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
If you are applying on a de- facto basis, you must provide convincing evidence that you have been in a de-facto relationship for st least 12 months on the day you lodged the application.
Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes, we have convincing evidence that we've been in a de-facto relationship since Nov 2013, but not Jan. You don't mean that this evidence needed to be uploaded on the day the application was lodged do you?

·
Premium Member
6,600 Posts
Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes, we have convincing evidence that we've been in a de-facto relationship since Nov 2013, but not Jan. You don't mean that this evidence needed to be uploaded on the day the application was lodged do you?
If the de-facto evidence starts on November 2013, then that's the date you should nominate.

The evidence can be added after lodgement, as long as it relates to the period before lodgement. You can also continue to add newly generated evidence to show that the relationship is ongoing.

Reactions: dakinnear88

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I will request the date is changed to November, and my partner will use this date on her application. Hoping that this will not cause issues down the line. Appreciate the replies thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,600 Posts
Thanks. I will request the date is changed to November, and my partner will use this date on her application. Hoping that this will not cause issues down the line. Appreciate the replies thanks.
The main thing is that the information is consistent with the evidence.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.