Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My partner and I are about to submit our application for 820 partner visa. We currently do not have an immigration officer.

I have a few questions that I need help in answering.

1. How many statutory declarations by supporting witnesses are recommended? Do they need to be Australian citizen and signed by JP?
2. Do you need to provide written statements by both parents?
3. Do you need to book Medical Check now or closer or once the application has been submitted? Is this booked through immigration?
4. Is this the same for Police Check in previous country resided? And would we need Police Check for period in Australia?
5. In terms of photos and cards what is an appropriate amount to send? Do they need to be actual copies or can they be photocopies?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!!

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
1 - 2 * form 888 supplied by Australian citizens or perm residents & witnessed by someone authorised to do so - ie pharmacist.
2 - no
3 - post submission once you have a hap id
4 - two schools of thought - applications that have everything attached sometimes get processed quicker. They expire after 1 year so if you do them early you may need to do them again - this is the same for medicals.
5 colour scans - enough to make the point but don't overdo it. You don't need 100's of photos, I provided 4.. I don't know what you mean by cards.

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
You can include statutory declarations from both sets of parents in addition to 2x form 888, or have a parent supply a form 888.

The Australian police check will depend on time spent in Australia.

Clear colour scans generally of the originals.

** It seems that you might be considering a "paper" application by way of wording in your post - As of a few months ago paper applications are no longer accepted.

Can you clarify what you think a Immigration Officer is?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.