Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone :)

I've been a lurker for a while but now feel I need some information, other than what people have told me (including my RMA).

A little background:

I'm a professional from the UK, about to apply for a de facto visa with my Aussie partner. We met when I was on 2nd WHV Oct 16 while working FIFO in WA. Started committed relationship Jan 17 and essentially lived together from then on (although have used a date in Feb).

Because of our work, we spent most time on site with crossover at my place. As such we don't have joint tenancy, bills etc, or any official proof other than friends and family (including flatmate) attesting to the facts (many, many stat decs! :D). This includes letter from employer saying aware of our relationship Jan 2017.

Fast forward:

Sept/Oct 17 we move in to his mums, paying her rent from joint account (still no bills etc). Plenty of invites, photos from Feb until now and social evidence. We are both on each others car insurance, superannuation, he has me as de facto on his tax return and have plenty of phone records etc. I'm not worried about our CO deeming our relationship not genuine, or evidence from this period of time.

I am worried about the thinness of evidence for our cohab for the first 6/7 months however (including 3 months working together) :confused:.

As such, I am running through worst case scenarios i.e. tat we will be refused .

If we were, what are our options? I am currently on a 651 and will get a BVA until decision is made. I know we cannot immediately re-apply from a BVA (non-substantive visa). We have discussed possibility of leaving Aus and applying offshore if necessary (he has stressed he won't let me go :D). But I do not want to put our lives on hold until then. We want to buy a house, I have decent job prospects and offers, and at some point we might want to start a family. I hate the thought of uprooting us should we be refused. On top, my OH has mental health issues so isn't always in the best frame of mind to take life-altering decisions like that.

Would I be granted another 651 if I left the country and be able to re-apply for 820 upon entry? I don't have any character issues, have never been refused a visa and as far as the govt may be concerned I am a good fit for Australia.

My RMA says we would go to tribunal, that she cannot be sure what the CO will decide but that our application is good and shows a loving genuine relationship, and that ultimately we would be granted at AAT.

I'm so stressed, I have focused on nothing but this visa for the last few months, working on evidence compilation every day.

It's making me think somewhat irrationally and that we should play it safe and wait longer. But I would not be able to cope without my OH (we are dependent on each other, emotionally!) Our evidence is our evidence, it won't change in 3 or even 6 months. I haven't worked since April 17, its detrimental to me and our relationship to keep going this way.

I know I am counting my chickens (and not in a positive way!) but I am just so worried about the possible outcome and cannot seem to think it will be approved, even though RMA feels we have a good shot.

Help. What can I do if it does get refused?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,023 Posts
Maybe try re do the post - RMA's generally give sound advice but not always.

You are wanting info on a Partner Visa and many of us know about our visa stream.

You can see I have made many posts on this forum - I need to look up a 651!

You can simply call it by its name and put (651) as an extra and I then may be able to give some advise. If I said a 300 or a 801 do you know them?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe try re do the post - RMA's generally give sound advice but not always.

You are wanting info on a Partner Visa and many of us know about our visa stream.

You can see I have made many posts on this forum - I need to look up a 651!

You can simply call it by its name and put (651) as an extra and I then may be able to give some advise. If I said a 300 or a 801 do you know them?
Sorry, I'm a little confused by your response! A 651 is an eVisitor (tourist visa). The 801 is the second stage PR partner visa and the 300 is the offshore partner visa equivalent to the 820 (I think).

Have I posted this thread in the wrong section?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,023 Posts
No it is in correct section.

600 series visas have different things to consider.

To prove the point the 300 is a PMV - part of the Partner Visa system but completely different. It is a visa that is issued for intent of marriage. It blends into a 820 application at a reduced cost.

I will re read your post.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fair enough, I didn't realise that I should have been a bit more detailed in my description, my apologies.

Just after a little reassurance, I suppose, that there are options if we are refused. I suffer from anxiety and the unknown has become a bit of a problem for me.

Cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,023 Posts
(including my RMA).

A little background:

I'm a professional from the UK,

** Not relevant to a Partner Visa application

about to apply for a de facto visa with my Aussie partner. We met when I was on 2nd WHV Oct 16 while working FIFO in WA. Started committed relationship Jan 17 and essentially lived together from then on (although have used a date in Feb).

** always don't be lazy 2016 and 2017

2 Dec 1999 - is written different in different countries - and in this process days can count.

Because of our work, we spent most time on site with crossover at my place. As such we don't have joint tenancy, bills etc, or any official proof other than friends and family (including flatmate) attesting to the facts (many, many stat decs! :D). This includes letter from employer saying aware of our relationship Jan 2017.

** this only needs to be documented as you have said (love the use of Jan 2017 not 1/17 = you meet the 12 month requirement at a glance.

Fast forward:

Sept/Oct 17 we move in to his mums, paying her rent from joint account (still no bills etc). Plenty of invites, photos from Feb until now and social evidence. We are both on each others car insurance, superannuation, he has me as de facto on his tax return and have plenty of phone records etc. I'm not worried about our CO deeming our relationship not genuine, or evidence from this period of time.

I am worried about the thinness of evidence for our cohab for the first 6/7 months however (including 3 months working together) :confused:.

** You don't need to have lived together for 12 months - never been a requirement.

As such, I am running through worst case scenarios i.e. tat we will be refused .

** We all worry - the living together for 12 months certainly is not an issue and I assume that the work was given as a reason as to why not - but it is normal.

If we were, what are our options? I am currently on a 651 and will get a BVA until decision is made. I know we cannot immediately re-apply from a BVA (non-substantive visa). We have discussed possibility of leaving Aus and applying offshore if necessary (he has stressed he won't let me go :D). But I do not want to put our lives on hold until then. We want to buy a house, I have decent job prospects and offers, and at some point we might want to start a family. I hate the thought of uprooting us should we be refused. On top, my OH has mental health issues so isn't always in the best frame of mind to take life-altering decisions like that.

** It would be a MRT hearing application I would think best option, BVA will be granted til result of hearing. Never done one myself but they seem fair, just time and money.

Would I be granted another 651 if I left the country and be able to re-apply for 820 upon entry? I don't have any character issues, have never been refused a visa and as far as the govt may be concerned I am a good fit for Australia.

** Don't count on it, there is a no more than 12 months in Australia in any 18 month period - or you can be turned at the border if they suspect you are not going to follow the 651 rules (applying another visa is not part of the rules).

My RMA says we would go to tribunal, that she cannot be sure what the CO will decide but that our application is good and shows a loving genuine relationship, and that ultimately we would be granted at AAT.

** No reason to doubt them on that

I'm so stressed, I have focused on nothing but this visa for the last few months, working on evidence compilation every day.

** You are not the Lone Ranger in that.

It's making me think somewhat irrationally and that we should play it safe and wait longer. But I would not be able to cope without my OH (we are dependent on each other, emotionally!) Our evidence is our evidence, it won't change in 3 or even 6 months. I haven't worked since April 17, its detrimental to me and our relationship to keep going this way.

** To be blunt many do it much tougher than you, in fact any high risk country (that is not even how it sounds)

I know I am counting my chickens (and not in a positive way!) but I am just so worried about the possible outcome and cannot seem to think it will be approved, even though RMA feels we have a good shot.

** Funny you mention that look up chicken999 and her old posts, she fought a war, and again tears fill my eyes to remember that. But she did win eventually.

Help. What can I do if it does get refused?

**Get the balls of a chicken and fight!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,023 Posts
And while I had a few immigration issues over the years and Partner Visa associated costs at around $80K, I am not joking that every time I rethink chicken999's battle I get tears in my eyes.

She was not even told to leave a kid behind like we were.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,612 Posts
I think you are getting all worried for no reason at all.

Worst case scenario, AAT would really be the only logical pathway.

Just relax, get on with your life the best you can and keep collecting evidence.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think you are getting all worried for no reason at all.

Worst case scenario, AAT would really be the only logical pathway.

Just relax, get on with your life the best you can and keep collecting evidence.
Thank you for your reassuring words. I'll try to take your advice!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,124 Posts
Thank you for your reassuring words. I'll try to take your advice!
Speaking from experience, both AmpK and Nick know what they are talking about. You'll be fine. Submit what you have, listen to their advice and keep gathering evidence. Best of luck to you!!
 
  • Like
Reactions: HRose313

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,023 Posts
Hi Lady and thanks but that's an overstatement CCMS knows what he is talking about, I merely see persons heading for cliffs and try point them in a better direction or at least consider some suggestions to improve an application.

You have missed a few interesting posts in your past period of absence, hope all has been well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,124 Posts
Hi Lady and thanks but that's an overstatement CCMS knows what he is talking about, I merely see persons heading for cliffs and try point them in a better direction or at least consider some suggestions to improve an application.

You have missed a few interesting posts in your past period of absence, hope all has been well.
Hey Amp! Yes, all is fantastic! Sorry for the absence, but was planning two weddings..one here in WA and the other in Las Vegas. Plus, it was the end of the school year...talk about a crazy, hectic time! To be honest, I'm worn out from it all.

Irish, I really can't tell you how important it is that you talk to a RMA if you have to meet Schedule 3. It's extremely difficult to get and you don't want to have to scramble when they ask for it. For me, they requested it just 6 weeks after lodging our application. I wish you the best of luck and hope all goes smooth for you. But be prepared.
 
  • Like
Reactions: HRose313 and ampk

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,023 Posts
We lost a member or two in a few posts - that's a shame

I had sort of retired from posting immi stuff here but still did Medicare and other like schooling reply's.

Things got very ugly fast and myself and CCMS got attacked pretty hard.

It is funny CCMS and myself shared a beer around that time (the first time), That thread that was to mock me turned into a beer thread in true Australian fashion.

They played the domestic violence card and $80,000 from memory, not a common thing.

Seems I have many friends that love beer! Just miss Sky.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top