Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm sure this has been asked before, but struggling to find much info on it, thanks in advance for any advice!

I am an Australian citizen (born here) and am in a committed relationship with my partner from the Philippines.

We met online in October 2015 and then in person in January 2016. Since then she has come to Australia and lived with me for 3 months on her first tourist visa, 9 months on her second tourist visa, and is now on her 3rd with another 3 months.

We would like to apply for an 820 and then an 801, and are starting to get all of the paperwork together now.

We have many friends and family who will be willing to complete 888 stat decs on the genuine nature of our relationship, as well as 2 housemates who will can confirm that we have lived together for that duration and to explain the nature of our responsbilities around the house. I can also get 888's from my parents who we rent from to confirm that she has been living with me.

We also have over 3,300 pages of our chatlogs to prove that we have kept in continuous contact even while she has been back in the Philippines. We also have photos from 3 overseas trips taken together, and copies of flight tickets with both our names on them for these trips.

The biggest problem is that due to her being on tourist visas the whole time, she has not been able to work and thus we don't really have shared financial evidence, as I have been covering all costs.

I do have Western Union receipts showing that I was also continuing to support her when she went back home, as she just worked part time so that she could undertake some courses to increase her employability once she is able to work in Australia.

Will the lack of shared finances likely be a massive problem? I can provide evidence of my income as well as savings, to show that I can continue to support her.

Thanks so much for your help!

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
Will the lack of shared finances likely be a massive problem? I can provide evidence of my income as well as savings, to show that I can continue to support her.

Thanks so much for your help!
We did the PMV and the 820.
My fiancee, now wife, didn't work either, but I shared my finances with her, by paying all costs etc., and that covered the "shared finances" requirement.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The biggest problem is that due to her being on tourist visas the whole time, she has not been able to work and thus we don't really have shared financial evidence, as I have been covering all costs.
Similar to my situation as we have zero shared accounts, memberships etc almost nothing with both names on it other than flights and the marriage certificate, you can only send what you have.

·
Registered
139 Posts
To prove that she was living at your house you should provide evidence of any letters sent to her, such as bank statements and phone bills.

Kind regards

Lisa Ira (LLB.BA.GDLP)
Principal Migration Consultant (MARN 1467616)
Proxy Migration

e: [email protected]
w: www.proxymigration.com.au

Disclaimer: This message is general in nature does not constitute migration or legal advice and should not be relied upon. To provide you with migration advice, we need to consult with you to obtain your full information and circumstances. If you wish to receive migration advice please email us to arrange an appointment.

·
Registered
139 Posts
To prove that she was living at your house you should provide evidence of any letters sent to her at your address, or bills (eg phone bills).

Kind regards

Lisa Ira (LLB.BA.GDLP)
Principal Migration Consultant (MARN 1467616)
Proxy Migration

e: [email protected]
w: www.proxymigration.com.au

Disclaimer: This message is general in nature does not constitute migration or legal advice and should not be relied upon. To provide you with migration advice, we need to consult with you to obtain your full information and circumstances. If you wish to receive migration advice please email us to arrange an appointment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.