Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My partner applied for the 820 in december last year, we figured we had a long time to put the evidence together and took our time.

She recently received an email for additional information as the wrong police check had been provided. She uploaded the correct one and then let them know.

A few days after she was approved for the 820 Visa.

My question is that we were missing things like letters from friends/family, proof that she was living with me (we had an electricity bill in there with our names on it), the SP40 form, and just a few other things we wanted to add.

Is that a problem at all? What exactly will the process be for the 801 visa? Does it require a separate set of evidence not related to the 820 evidence?

I'm just so surprised it was approved so quickly and easily.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Just out of curiosity, did you as the sponsor complete an online sponsorship form at all? Or did you partner complete it for you?

It's not uncommon very recently to have grants within a few months. We've even seen one on here this week granted within one month.

It would be a surprise to me if the required documents weren't supplied and the visa was still approved (by letters do you mean form 888s were not supplied?). There's no exact list of actual relationship evidence. I personally didn't supply nearly as much relationship evidence as what most people supply, and I had two partner visas granted with no issue. We just supplied enough to prove the relationship was genuine and didn't go overboard. So as long as there was something of the sort, then that may have been all they wanted to see.

She's not eligible for the 801 until December 2019. You can read about it on the immigration website but part of it is that you'll need to supply relationship evidence from now (the time of 820 grant), though you can't upload that evidence until she is eligible. Details: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav...820-and-801)-document-checklist#tab-content-1

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
You probably supplied the bare minimum to constitute evidence for each category and gave immigration no reason to doubt you.

Would still advise you to upload a comprehensive update when the time comes for your 801.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just out of curiosity, did you as the sponsor complete an online sponsorship form at all? Or did you partner complete it for you?

It's not uncommon very recently to have grants within a few months. We've even seen one on here this week granted within one month.

It would be a surprise to me if the required documents weren't supplied and the visa was still approved (by letters do you mean form 888s were not supplied?). There's no exact list of actual relationship evidence. I personally didn't supply nearly as much relationship evidence as what most people supply, and I had two partner visas granted with no issue. We just supplied enough to prove the relationship was genuine and didn't go overboard. So as long as there was something of the sort, then that may have been all they wanted to see.

She's not eligible for the 801 until December 2019. You can read about it on the immigration website but part of it is that you'll need to supply relationship evidence from now (the time of 820 grant), though you can't upload that evidence until she is eligible. Details
I did complete my section in immi, it was my identify/address and police check as well as the original questionnaire thing they make you do.

I think the evidence we had was reasonable, lots of photos etc, but we just didn't tick all the boxes such as letters from friends/family etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.