Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

So have a few questions and worries.

I'm currently on an 820 visa. We applied for this on the 30th October 2015, and soon we will be able to apply for PR this October 30th. A few things have happened in the relationship, Im moving temporarily for work, and atm, something has happened to make a few people not want to sign our stat decs :(. We hope to repair this by at least January, but my question is:

How long before I am forced to apply for the 801 permanent residency visa? Is there a time limit on how long I can stay on the 820? I really want to salvage and fix our issues as quick as possible so things still work out.

-Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,885 Posts
There's no telling how long past your eligibility date Immigration will contact you to request your documentation. It's not completely unheard of for it to take a while, but will you make it all the way to January? No way of telling. If I were in your shoes I'd probably contact a good Registered Migration Agent to work through what your best approach might be or what your other options might be if you wind up with problems. It's not super expensive and it would be good peace of mind.

Reactions: HRose313

·
Registered
256 Posts
I was eligible in August and applied..in May.. no one looked up my file (still waiting now it's 14 months since eligibility).
I guess it's the luck of the draw but I feel with the long wait time a couple of months isn't much. Especially if they ask you still have 28 days to provide.

As above, it depends what the things that have happened are...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.