Australia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

In the midst of writing out statements and compiling all the information of my partner and I into separate files to be ready to load into our application.

I feel I may have on-going questions that I may add to this thread and things come along but on question I have that I would like to hear some feedback on your end for those who have recently sent their application in.

On the partner visa; i'm filling this on behalf of my partner and we'll have our own separate relationship statements and stat dec sorted in due time.

Background info:
I am an Australian Citizen 30 years of age.
My partner is a Vietnamese national who is finishing her Masters this year.
I've been together with my partner for 1 year and 7 days as of this post.
We've only just started to live together due to COVID19 pandemic and my family was concerned about my partners well being.
Being of a very tradtional vietnamese family (myself and partner included) they abide by the not living together until marriage which is why we haven't lived together until today (this was stated in the application into times we've been committed but living separately).
We have already registered our relationship with NSW and waiting for that certificate; that's one of the pieces of documents we'll be referencing in our social aspects statements.
I have a general idea based on this forum and other pages where people have shared their story and given some advice they used for the application to show our longing and committed relationship.
=========
QUESTION
==========
I'm at page 18 of the form; where it states relationship details.
I notice we have 2000 words to fill here... my question is, would it be bad if i summarized just key points and it only amount to 500-800 words while referencing other documents that will be uploaded after?

While in the relationship statement, statutory declarations on both our ends and other documents i'll be loading in we'll be covering it with a finer tooth comb to show our relationship to the case officer when I lodge the application.

Thanks,
Mathew Huynh

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi Matthew,

It would be perfectly okay if you summarize the key points and make reference to separate statements/ stat decs where you will be explaining everything in detail.

Good luck with your application :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Matthew,

It would be perfectly okay if you summarize the key points and make reference to separate statements/ stat decs where you will be explaining everything in detail.

Good luck with your application :)
Hey Siham,

Thanks for the reassurance.
I will review my actual summaries to make it a bit easier to read and point it to my files I am compiling.

Will report back if i have any other queries :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just posting here, submitted our application finally today 6th of July 2020.
Just got the application number to upload files into now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do have one question - i loaded a file in and i realised it wasn't complete, if i upload again a file with the same name would it overwrite or just add ontop

·
Registered
890 Posts
I do have one question - i loaded a file in and i realised it wasn't complete, if i upload again a file with the same name would it overwrite or just add ontop
It will just be a new file with a confusing name ... provide a name that explains.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
It will just be a new file with a confusing name ... provide a name that explains.
Fantastic, i'll just put a clearer description.
Cheers Paul!

Another quick one, I read that after filing the applicant's application I use the TRN to file the sponsor version, however browsing all night in the same immi account I can't seem to find this sponsor version to fill in.

In the primary application I was able to load in my identity documents etc but not much more.

and what's this button do?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Click on new application then family, you should find it there.
Awesome, found it and submitted my sponsor side application.

Update: Bridging Visa for my partner was also auto allocated, so one less thing I have to think about.

Now just to see when we should go and get the health examination and twiddle our thumbs as i gather more info to load into it as time passes by.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Thanks, so we also have to fill the form 1221, didn't know. Glad you said it.
From the posts on this forum it seems it's not necessary for 820/801 unless the CO explicitly asks, but I figure i'd just fill it out for now.

EDIT: Removed, most posts shares that the being engaged should just be added as an update on the relationship rather than relationship type.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey all,

Small update.. We're looking to get married together later this year - my partner visa was applied as de facto and all details shared that we are defacto.

Now that we decided to get married (as with COVID our plans to have a wedding back in Vietnam completely fell apart) would I need to update every form or just send a notification of change in circumstances?

Thanks,
Mathew

·
Registered
24 Posts
editing partner's statements

Appreciate any advice.

My partner wrote her statements. But as coming from non-English speaking country and background and have not written long statements since schooling days, her statements are too elaborated, long winded and grammatically incorrect, She wrote statements based on cultural thinking and speaking. Immigration may have a hard time understanding her statements on Financial, development, household etc and may affect our application.

As sponsor, is it acceptable to edit her statements so that it is more understandable with clarity and right to the point so that immigration need not to read over and over again to get the point or even may not fully understand her statements?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Appreciate any advice.

My partner wrote her statements. But as coming from non-English speaking country and background and have not written long statements since schooling days, her statements are too elaborated, long winded and grammatically incorrect, She wrote statements based on cultural thinking and speaking. Immigration may have a hard time understanding her statements on Financial, development, household etc and may affect our application.

As sponsor, is it acceptable to edit her statements so that it is more understandable with clarity and right to the point so that immigration need not to read over and over again to get the point or even may not fully understand her statements?
I would imagine if you're making edits she needs to be aware of it as she'll be signing off with it.

So that's one thing to keep in mind.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Meme,

You would most likely be best to speak to an migration agent if you're confused.

Otherwise browsing this forum, looking at other sources will give you an idea.

The overall application form is quite straight forward if you look through it; but the 'evidence' you are required will be quite substantial if you don't put out some time to properly sort it.

Best of luck.

Regards,
Mathew

1 - 20 of 25 Posts