Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm an Australian citizen. I sponsored a Filipino lady who I'd been friends with for a few years to come to Australia. She arrived on 25/08/2015 on a 12 month tourist visa . We got married on 31st Oct 2015, then applied for 820/801 visa. She went on a bridging visa when the tourist visa ran out. We've been together for 2 years and 5 months.. Recently had a response from Immigration re 820 visa. The case officer sounds very tough and picked on some errors, like I got a date wrong and critisized some of the conversation records we sent. Also mentioned that my wife returned to Philippines for a month whilst on tourist visa. Don't know why because it was not breaking any rules. Worst thing is that they stated they have received information that she came here in a contrived relationship to facilitate her chance of immigrating and to benefit later from financial gain. Not true of course and we don't know who did this malicious report. Obviously untrue, but they are taking it seriously. We've responded to their letter addressing their concerns, but now everything is thrown into doubt. It looks like they might send her back. I don't know what I will do if this happens. I had a serious illness soon after she came here and as a result, need her to care for me. I couldn't go to the Philippines to live. We feel like were on death row. I've found this whole immigration thing very daunting, costly and a lot of work and worry. I see lots of people from overseas and wonder if they had to go through all this. It makes me wonder how did they get here?

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
Immigration are required to take the complaints very seriously. We had one forum member who had to have a DNA test done on her baby and husband to show that her husband was the father of the baby because of the complaint.

When doing partner visas it is important to make sure alp dates ans information are correct as immigration can pick up on the smallest thing.

Did they ask if she is sending money back to the Philippines? I would think if financial gain has been mentioned that would be one thing that they would be looking at.

If a visa is rejected you can object to the decision to AAT and they get a bridging visa while waiting for that.

I don't know how much evidence you have (financial, household, social etc) but you will find that alot of people from high risk countries will bombard them with evidence. Also people will do the PMV (prospective marriage visa) first instead of the spouse which is alot easier to meet requirements.

When she came on the tourist visa did she mention you in the application? That is one thing they will look at as well.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Hi John,

You have a serious problem.

The Case Officer does not have to release all the reasons he/she are having. I don't believe for one moment getting one date wrong would create such a response from them.

Something else is in the back ground, possibly in your application or a 3rd party has contacted IMMI.

If you get this wrong life gets very hard. The application gets refused and your only option is the MRT (from memory around $2,000 and you get 1/2 back if you win). To do this without professional help would be very risky so add in your representation costs that wont be covered if you win. Also there is a long wait time for the hearing.

If you were to think, oh well we will just save up and get another application in by using an RMA, The RMA will also have the visa refusal to deal with as well trying to prove your relationship is genuine.

So you really should obtain the services of a Registered Migration Agent ASAP.

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
Something else is in the back ground, possibly in your application or a 3rd party has contacted IMMI.
I took what he wrote that someone has made a complaint to immigration (I could be wrong how I interrupted it). The issue with complaints is they add another layer on to the application and majority would be annoymous so immigration won't (or shouldn't) advise about the context of the complaint.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Yes Mish that seems a candidate, but I also got the impression of a bogus document "critisized some of the conversation records we sent". This seems like a cover - maybe something in the records that raised a flag?

OP - Not saying you submitted a bogus document/s (on purpose) or you are in anyway dishonest.

There may be an address, name or phone number in something you submitted that is a flag in IMMI system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.