Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an Australian citizen who will soon be moving back to Australia with my English wife; she plans to apply for an 820 visa.

I have a couple of questions:
- I have heard others mention buying return tickets to Australia. This is no problem but when I fill in my landing form should I say i am a citizen permanently returning or that I am on holiday? Will this raise any alarms considering that my wife is on a tourist visa?

- I will be wife's sponsor however I have not lived in Australia for over 10 years - is this likely to be a problem?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
1) You should fill out the passenger card truthfully.
2) No

In my experience, what often happens in situations like yours, is that people intend to come on a temporary visit. Once here they have such a good time,they start thinking that it might be nice to stay permanently.

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
- I will be wife's sponsor however I have not lived in Australia for over 10 years - is this likely to be a problem?

Thanks in advance!
Sounds like you need to plan on a holiday trip just to see what Australia is like now, with no real plans to stay. No thinking of an 820 yet.

Then, if you both like it, and only then, do you decide to consider something permanent.

Also, some British people actually don't like it here, so it is easy to understand why an initial holiday trip can be considered normal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.