Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I have been reading the threads on the application for the 820 onshore. I am australian and have been living overseas with my partner since 2012 and married in 2014 I want to return home and apply for the 820 visa but he is the sole income earner, is there any form we can fill out to allow him to work while waiting for the visa to be granted ? I have not worked since 2012 and at my age very little chance of securing a job to support us.
Thanks in advance
Cathy;)

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
You have options. You can do the 309/100 and stay put until it's granted and he'll come over with full work rights and able to get Medicare.

Or if you're keen on applying onshore, he'll need a visa to get here first without the no further stay condition. Once you apply for the 820/801, a bridging visa a will be granted but won't go into effect until whatever visa he is on ends. If the visa he is on doesn't have work rights, he won't be able to work until the BVA is in effect. He's also eligible for Medicare after applying for the partner visa onshore.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Visa 820

Hi,
Thank you for your reply, he is a Yacht Painter and restorer and has been working with yachts since 1988, we were hoping to ask for a financial hardship form if we do decide to apply onshore thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi thanks for the info , we will have to decide what way to go because I haven't worked and he is the income earner, thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.