Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have finally had movement on our visa application after 20 months of waiting.

As sponsor I am being asked to submit a new form 40SP - Sponsorship by a partner to migrate to Australia - as the form I previously submitted with the application is 2016. They want a new one now as the form has changed. Who makes up this rubbish????

Where do I find this form? It is not on the Immi website, and the contact centre is telling me it has to be filled in online in the application. I have searched everywhere in my partner's Immi account, and I cannot find it. I am now beyond the point of frustration with this process, both the time it is taking, and the stupidity of these people.

Can anyone help me please.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
We have finally had movement on our visa application after 20 months of waiting.

As sponsor I am being asked to submit a new form 40SP - Sponsorship by a partner to migrate to Australia - as the form I previously submitted with the application is 2016. They want a new one now as the form has changed. Who makes up this rubbish????

Where do I find this form? It is not on the Immi website, and the contact centre is telling me it has to be filled in online in the application. I have searched everywhere in my partner's Immi account, and I cannot find it. I am now beyond the point of frustration with this process, both the time it is taking, and the stupidity of these people.

Log into immi, click new application, select family, select sponsorship for partner visa, complete online application. You'll need the TRN from the applicant application and enter that into the sponsor form.

This option has been there since before 2016. They've only recently phased out paper applications.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts

There is no stand-alone form 40 SP and the paper form has been discontinued. You lodge a new sponsor application (aka as e-form 40SP) through ImmiAccount. Make sure to have a copy of your previous forms handy to avoid contradictions.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the replies. I have now managed to submit the form. It is a lot more complex than the old paper form. Why do they want to know every country and dates I have visited for the last 10 years? Most people would be hard pushed to provide that level of detail. Fortunately I am a hoarder and managed to find most of the information needed. Have travelled a fair bit in recent years so it was a bugger to fill in all that information.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.