Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Here is our situation:
I'm British, me and my partner have been together for 3 years. We applied via paper application onshore back in September 2017. We didn't hear anything back from the department for a whole 22 months.

This is the timeline:

Applied for 820: September 2017
Request for medicals & Police: July 2019

Haven't heard from anyone for 22 months. Now they have requested some information. I'm pretty happy that they have finally looked at the application.

My question is: Once I provide them with my medical and AFP check, and it comes back as all good, would they likely approve the 820? And also, would they approve the 801 straight away? I did provide police checks with my application (all clear) but they have obviously now expired after 22 months. Would they have any reason to refuse if they received the checks and they came back all clear?

I'm just thinking, would I have to provide more evidence for the 801 visa? They say they can approve this after 2 years of applying for the 820. If that is so, I would mean in 2 months time it has been 2 years.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hey,

Here is our situation:
I'm British, me and my partner have been together for 3 years. We applied via paper application onshore back in September 2017. We didn't hear anything back from the department for a whole 22 months.

This is the timeline:

Applied for 820: September 2017
Request for medicals & Police: July 2019

Haven't heard from anyone for 22 months. Now they have requested some information. I'm pretty happy that they have finally looked at the application.

My question is: Once I provide them with my medical and AFP check, and it comes back as all good, would they likely approve the 820? And also, would they approve the 801 straight away? I did provide police checks with my application (all clear) but they have obviously now expired after 22 months. Would they have any reason to refuse if they received the checks and they came back all clear?

I'm just thinking, would I have to provide more evidence for the 801 visa? They say they can approve this after 2 years of applying for the 820. If that is so, I would mean in 2 months time it has been 2 years.
You would have to apply for the 801 application and provide further evidence.

The current time line for 801 application is as follows
75% of applications: 22 months
90% of applications: 26 months

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.