Australia Forum banner

2141 - 2160 of 6698 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
What's the best way to show that I'm a card holder on my husband's credit card? Just scan the two cards? Or would this show on a statement?

·
Registered
743 Posts
In the finance section, what do people usually provide for "legal commitments you have undertaken together"? Our rental agreement seems to fall into an earlier bullet point.

·
Registered
524 Posts
What's the best way to show that I'm a card holder on my husband's credit card? Just scan the two cards? Or would this show on a statement?
Doesn't show on our statement, so we copied cards.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
We scanned the cards and also attached all the credit card statements from when he was added as an authorised contact. I also wrote a brief summary of what the credit card is used for ie. Everything.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Well we don't own a house. Cameron owns a car and we pay for the insurance and rego jointly. Does that go in this section? It's so hard to tell what's supposed to go where sometimes!
It is part of the financial section. They basically just give you hints but you may not have everything.

·
Registered
743 Posts
It is part of the financial section. They basically just give you hints but you may not have everything.
Ok and it kinda falls in the "legal" bit? Our house is a rental so does that fall in the legal bit or not?

I think we can tick most boxes on there, sometimes it's just a bit hard to know what goes where. Spent Sunday scanning our 50 odd wedding cards :(

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Ok and it kinda falls in the "legal" bit? Our house is a rental so does that fall in the legal bit or not?

I think we can tick most boxes on there, sometimes it's just a bit hard to know what goes where. Spent Sunday scanning our 50 odd wedding cards :(
Personally I would not class either as legal. IMO it is something you have a loan to pay off that is a legal commitment or a big huge purchase (if you pay cash for the car etc)

·
Registered
743 Posts
Personally I would not class either as legal. IMO it is something you have a loan to pay off that is a legal commitment or a big huge purchase (if you pay cash for the car etc)
Right ok. We don't have any loans or anything. Closest thing to something like that is a credit card. Only loans either of us have is student debt.

·
Registered
743 Posts
"Family composition, evidence of"

Is this necessary? I've not really heard people mention this before. Both my parents' names are on my birth certificate and it's the same for my husband. I can do a family tree but would rather not if it's not necessary!

Also, where do we upload our relationship history statements?

Is form 80 the one that lists all our travel? Is this the one that some people complete and others don't?

Also, things like passports and birth certificates seem to fall into multiple categories. I assume it's ok just to upload these once?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wait wait wait

Hi we applied 13mths ago finally got an email stating we have progressed in the que and to make sure our documents are all uploaded. Does anyone know what the wait time is from this point? Days/ weeks/ months?
We have not been given a case officer or anything like that.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I would've thought that you must be close by now. Have you uploaded all your documents including medicals and police checks? You might not here from your CO until your visa is granted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Upload everything we have. Cant see any major thing we have missed. We need to travel overseas soon but im nervous about buying tickets just incase! Sure like eveyone else sick of having my life in limbo lol

·
Registered
524 Posts
Upload everything we have. Cant see any major thing we have missed. We need to travel overseas soon but im nervous about buying tickets just incase! Sure like eveyone else sick of having my life in limbo lol
Seems most people get a visa decision within 2 months of being contacted re progression in the queue.

Hope your grant comes soon :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi we applied 13mths ago finally got an email stating we have progressed in the que and to make sure our documents are all uploaded. Does anyone know what the wait time is from this point? Days/ weeks/ months?
We have not been given a case officer or anything like that.
I also applied 13 months ago (14th of December), I received the same email in September and I am still waiting.
I didn't submit a form 80 so I thought maybe this is why I hadn't heard anything so I sent one in about a month ago - I'm not sure if it was even needed., it wasn't something that was requested.
I was assigned a case officer about 2 days after I sent in my paperwork

·
Registered
13 Posts
*Approved*

Hey Guys,

Just thought id let December applicants know, that my visa was APPROVED today !!
after a long 13 months, I couldn't be happier :)
Awesome to hear!!! What date did you apply? Paper or online? Did you submit form 80?

Hopefully not too long for me now :)

2141 - 2160 of 6698 Posts