Australia Forum banner

2241 - 2260 of 6698 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Applied for 820 yesterday. Paid big bucks and got bridging visa letter (Yay!):)

Now the big job of uploading our evidence etc etc.

This website has helped me a lot in preparing all my evidence and writing statements. So thanks to everyone here. Now the long wait begins...:rolleyes:

Reactions: Tashpotato

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just got my visa grant notice e-mail! Nearly 13 months to the day. Good luck to everyone else still waiting.

Applied: 17 Jan 2015 (Brisbane)
Visa sub: 820
Application: Online
Agent: No
Medical: 17 Jan 2015
Police checks: 17 Jan 2015
CO: Never notified
Visa grant: 15 Feb 2016

No request for further information and no notification of a case officer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Proudest_Monkey

Big CONGRATULATIONS!!!

May I please ask which centre your application was transferred to?

Thanks!
It appears to be the Queensland office (Brisbane) based on the letterhead in my grant notice. I applied while living in Brisbane and was never notified of an assignment or transfer to a specific office.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Just got my visa grant notice e-mail! Nearly 13 months to the day. Good luck to everyone else still waiting.

Applied: 17 Jan 2015 (Brisbane)
Visa sub: 820
Application: Online
Agent: No
Medical: 17 Jan 2015
Police checks: 17 Jan 2015
CO: Never notified
Visa grant: 15 Feb 2016

No request for further information and no notification of a case officer.
Congrats!! 12/13 months seem to be the norm these days for visa grants.

·
Registered
9 Posts
waiting room for 801

My partner applied for 801 last 26 August 2015 and had her medicals last 21 december 2015 and until now were still waiting. she is from Philippines. I wonder how are you going to know if there is case officer assigned to us? Thank you

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks, Ceafin. I applied on 14 Nov 2014 from Sydney.
Hi Hoonie,

Before you granted 820 visa, what visa did you hold? Also, did you provide Australia police certificate and form80 with initial application in Nov 2014? Also, did you re-do medical check as you had been waiting for visa granted more than 12 months? Thanks for your further information..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Hoonie,

Before you granted 820 visa, what visa did you hold? Also, did you provide Australia police certificate and form80 with initial application in Nov 2014? Also, did you re-do medical check as you had been waiting for visa granted more than 12 months? Thanks for your further information..
Hi Ceafin, I was holding a student visa before 820. Provided both Australia police certificate and form 80 on Nov 2014. CO didn't ask me to redo the medical check.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Ceafin, I was holding a student visa before 820. Provided both Australia police certificate and form 80 on Nov 2014. CO didn't ask me to redo the medical check.
Hi Hoonie,

Thanks for your info.

As you provided Australia police certificate in Nov 2014 with your initial application, but CO contacted you last months to request new one or the old one when you were in China for holiday? I don't know if I need to apply a new police certificate because my application has been processing more than 14 months and no any contacts from immigration! Thanks for your advice

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Hoonie,

Thanks for your info.

As you provided Australia police certificate in Nov 2014 with your initial application, but CO contacted you last months to request new one or the old one when you were in China for holiday? I don't know if I need to apply a new police certificate because my application has been processing more than 14 months and no any contacts from immigration! Thanks for your advice
Sorry for the confusion. My CO was asking my Singapore Police Check since I used to live there for more than 12 months. And to get this Singapore police check, I have to obtain a letter from AU immigration first. That is why I wasn't able to submit this on Nov 2014.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sorry for the confusion. My CO was asking my Singapore Police Check since I used to live there for more than 12 months. And to get this Singapore police check, I have to obtain a letter from AU immigration first. That is why I wasn't able to submit this on Nov 2014.
all right... So you didn't apply new Australia police check, and if after you provided Singapore police certificate, you got your 820 visa granted? Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
all right... So you didn't apply new Australia police check, and if after you provided Singapore police certificate, you got your 820 visa granted? Thanks
Yes. I just emailed my CO back with the certificate attached and informed him my arrival date. I came back on 13 Feb (Sat), and I got my visa granted on 15 Feb (Mon).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey guys,

applied for my 820 a month ago as it follows:

Application submitted: 19/01/2016
e-medicals done: 08/02/2016

Already submitted form 80, AFP police Check, Brazilian Police Checks and Criminal Stat Dec.

Now for the waiting!

Good luck everyone!! :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes. I just emailed my CO back with the certificate attached and informed him my arrival date. I came back on 13 Feb (Sat), and I got my visa granted on 15 Feb (Mon).
Hi Hoonie,

Very appreciated for your information..

As my initial application applied in Nov 2014, I have been waiting for almost 15 months, do you think I should send an email for asking the processing status or just keep waiting until CO contacts me? I need your advice... Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Partner is waiting now for about 6 months. Goodluck everyone. No notification from a CO either.

Applied: 26 august 2015
Medicals done: 21 December 2015

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Hoonie,

Very appreciated for your information..

As my initial application applied in Nov 2014, I have been waiting for almost 15 months, do you think I should send an email for asking the processing status or just keep waiting until CO contacts me? I need your advice... Thanks
I actually called immigration trying to check my processing status on 15 Feb just before I got my visa granted. I waited about 1 and half hour, the lady refused to check the status for me even I mention It has already been 15 months. But she did give me an email address, '[email protected]'
So you may want to use this to checking your processing status.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I actually called immigration trying to check my processing status on 15 Feb just before I got my visa granted. I waited about 1 and half hour, the lady refused to check the status for me even I mention It has already been 15 months. But she did give me an email address, '[email protected]' So you may want to use this to checking your processing status.
Hi Hoonie,

Thanks for your reply, obviously that email address is Victoria processing branch, I'm very confused why she gave to you Victoria office one as you applied from Sydney.. Did you apply online or by paper? Also, as you mentioned you need a letter for Singapore police certificate, when did you request that letter? Do you think the request can help for processing quickly? Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just had new information today! Immi called my husband to confirm we were still together (yes) and told him that I would be eligible to go straight to the 801. She then called me, asking for an AFP check -- the only document we hadn't done yet as we had applied for the 820. I've applied for the AFP online today -- according to the FAQ they take about two weeks. Anyone have recent experience with AFP processing times?

Incidentally, I had received an email that my case had progressed in the queue back in October from the Perth office, but the calls today came from the Sydney office...

2241 - 2260 of 6698 Posts