Australia Forum banner

2501 - 2520 of 6587 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Guys, just look at the wait times, all this stressing, complaining and comparing is not helping anyone.
For low risk countries like mine it's still 12-15 months, I'm at 12 months myself. Just be patient.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Guys, just look at the wait times, all this stressing, complaining and comparing is not helping anyone.
For low risk countries like mine it's still 12-15 months, I'm at 12 months myself. Just be patient.
Hi everyone. Do you know anyone who were refused 820 visa even though thaey have registered their relationship. Please share

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hello Guys,

All of those who has been waiting for 820 visa decision more than 15 months, PLEASE quote which way did you apply? If by paper application, PLEASE quote which office did you guys lodge your visa application?? Thanks for sharing... We can help each other
15 month tomorrow and applied online from Sydney. Got a generic email back in October saying my case will be processed there. Since then, no communication at all. I uploaded some more recent pictures and a little update on what happened during the last 15 months since we filed the application.

Can't wait to finally get some news and I am just hoping that I don't have to do the medical check and all police checks again .

I was wondering why there are so many grants for applicants that applied much later and online as well. But apparently that just happens?

Hope we see more grants soon...

·
Registered
524 Posts
Hi everyone. Do you know anyone who were refused 820 visa even though thaey have registered their relationship. Please share[/QUOT

Like marriage, relationship registration doesn't guarantee visa grant. Registering the relationship only waives the 12 month period, so if the evidence to meet the 4 broad categories as required by DIBP are not sufficient, visa refusal is likely.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I applied on 26th April 2015 for Partner 820. Apart from the bridging visa grant I haven't heard anything. Should I be worried? Have I missed something? Should I call DIBP? Or is this normal? I know the wait can be a day to a year and a half. Looks like mine may end up being a longer wait.
hi hoddie. did you get your visa granted?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I applied on 26th April 2015 for Partner 820. Apart from the bridging visa grant I haven't heard anything. Should I be worried? Have I missed something? Should I call DIBP? Or is this normal? I know the wait can be a day to a year and a half. Looks like mine may end up being a longer wait.
hi hoddie. did you get your visa granted?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Can anyone tell me where I would have a medical done for an 820 onshore whilst living Tasmania??? Or should I do the medical and FBI?Police background check here in USA before we leave and just submit it all at the same time?? I have been married 13yrs with a child and don't see this to be an issue??? any comments plze

·
Registered
85 Posts
Can anyone tell me where I would have a medical done for an 820 onshore whilst living Tasmania??? Or should I do the medical and FBI?Police background check here in USA before we leave and just submit it all at the same time?? I have been married 13yrs with a child and don't see this to be an issue??? any comments plze
This is where I normally get medicals done that is sanctioned by the immigration. There might be an office in Tasmania? Welcome to Bupa Medical Services

I know the FBI background checks do take a while but I don't think you should do all immediately? If the wait is over 12 months, the checks expire and you MAY be asked to redo them = incur extra charges.

Reactions: chickensgirl76

·
Registered
63 Posts
15 month tomorrow and applied online from Sydney. Got a generic email back in October saying my case will be processed there. Since then, no communication at all. I uploaded some more recent pictures and a little update on what happened during the last 15 months since we filed the application.

Can't wait to finally get some news and I am just hoping that I don't have to do the medical check and all police checks again .

I was wondering why there are so many grants for applicants that applied much later and online as well. But apparently that just happens?

Hope we see more grants soon...
We hit 15 months on my husband's application 2 weeks ago...

Seems lack of communication is the norm...

We applied 14 Dec 2014 from Sydney. 21 Oct 2015 we received an email saying the application was being transferred to Perth for processing. 23 Feb 2016 we received an email from our case officer requesting more information (we needed to submit a Police certificate from the AFP as my husband had been in Australia for more than 12 months - we had already submitted a new Norwegian Police check for the same reason - and get the medical done). We were given 4 weeks to get the information in, (which was up on 22 March).

We have 1 final bit of information to submit (relating to my husband's ex is refusing to allow his daughter to undertake the requested medical required for non-migrating dependents), but I emailed our case officer last week regarding this, and am just awaiting translation of correspondence we have had with my husband's ex to be translated, (delayed by Easter but should be submitted by the end of the week) - so hopefully we'll be hearing news of a decision in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
This is where I normally get medicals done that is sanctioned by the immigration. There might be an office in Tasmania? Welcome to Bupa Medical Services

I know the FBI background checks do take a while but I don't think you should do all immediately? If the wait is over 12 months, the checks expire and you MAY be asked to redo them = incur extra charges.
Hey thanks for the reply. One more question in regards to the medical. Since I am in Tasmania do I have to do the medical in Tasmania. I only ask this as the two places listed and not close to me by any means.. Could I got to Melbourne and have this done instead??

·
Registered
63 Posts
With the average length of time the processing is taking at present (12-15 months from the immigration site with it being closer to the 15 month mark based on posts in this forum), you are probably best waiting to get the medicals done closer to the time of visa grant, so you don't need to do them again.

The company responsible for medicals in Australia is Bupa Welcome to Bupa Medical Services - they seem to have 2 partners in Tasmania, (rather than their own offices) - 1 in Hobart and 1 in Launceston.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey thanks for the reply. One more question in regards to the medical. Since I am in Tasmania do I have to do the medical in Tasmania. I only ask this as the two places listed and not close to me by any means.. Could I got to Melbourne and have this done instead??
I don't believe it matters where you get the medicals done - provided they are done by an approved doctor (so through Bupa in Australia).

·
Registered
63 Posts
Congratulations juneinaus

We applied for my husbands visa a few weeks before you but were asked for more documents last month - which is probably why we've not got a decision yet (they are still awaiting 1 final document which we hope to upload by the end of the week - just waiting on the official translation)....so we're hoping to have good news in the next few weeks too....

·
Registered
40 Posts
I finally got my 820 today too. I applied on 08 Feb 2014, and uploaded some additional required documents on 27/03/2016.Thanks for all you guys' help here and wish everyone good luck. Now 801 waiting is starting.......

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Congrats guys.

Kally did you apply February 2014 or 2015? If 2014 you should have been granted PR straight away as it has been more than 2 years since you lodged.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Finally, I got my 820 today.
I applied online at 24 Dec 2014, totally 15 months and 5 days.
Good luck everyone.
Congrats!!! You must be so happy :) I applied a day after you and I am so tensed now lol. Was planning to call immi this week but maybe I should give it a couple more daysbthen. Did they ask you for any updated documents before though? Haven't heard from them at all and I start to be worried about the medicals and police checks that might be expired by now as I filed "decision ready" ...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Butterfly2014, when our case officer contacted us in Feb, one of the documents requested was an AFP Police clearance, as my husband had now been in Australia longer than 12 months (we had gotten a new Police Check from Norway in October as we knew it was close to 12 months old), so that might be something to think about - although your case officer will request it if they want it (we didn't even know we had a case officer before this request).

You will normally have 28 days to provide the additional information requested.

No idea about the Health Check though - hopefully the case officer will take the processing time into consideration and you won't need a new one - but can't say that for sure, as my husband held off on his medical so as not to run into this situation.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It is 15 months tomorrow for my 820 application so I decided to send an e mail today asking for update. I received the following reply within few hours
" Thank you for your email.
Our average processing time is 12-15 months from date of lodgement and it will be a few more months before this application reaches the front of the queue.
Yours Sincerely,NSW Temporary Partner section"

Any idea if this a generic reply e mail to push people away or a genuine reply for my application?
If it is genuine delay of my application, Do I need to do anything? like get worried, assign an immigration agent to look into my application contents !!!
Anyone got similar reply?
Anyone still waiting for 15 months or more? Please let me know. I appreciate your help

2501 - 2520 of 6587 Posts