Australia Forum banner

2561 - 2580 of 6576 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks Tashpotato. Shame :( Might take your advice and contact our immigration lawyer. They said at the beginning it should be fine so now I am unsure.
How do you know of this? Has this happened to you or do you know of any others that it has happened to?
It's just the rules, the visa clearly states that you must have being residing together as de facto for a minimum of 12 months at the time of applying, or if you are in a state that allows you to register your relationship then do so before application (Not all states do this, I know WA doesn't).

If for example you lived together before, then were apart for a while due to extreme circumstances then you have to provide compelling evidence as to why.
You said "He moved over here for me in Nov 2014 we just didn't live together" - Had you met before then as a de facto couple?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Oh I see, there are so many rules to follow it is hard to keep track of them all to ensure you are doing the right thing.

We had met 1 year prior and dated that whole time before he moved over to Australia. We shared all financial aspects from even before he moved (holidays to visit eachother and his flights over to Australia, bills etc) the only reason we didn't live together for the first 3 months was to build a relationship with his father who alreday lives here and to we had to wait for my lease to end.

Thanks for your help too! Much appreciated.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Oh I see, there are so many rules to follow it is hard to keep track of them all to ensure you are doing the right thing.

We had met 1 year prior and dated that whole time before he moved over to Australia. We shared all financial aspects from even before he moved (holidays to visit eachother and his flights over to Australia, bills etc) the only reason we didn't live together for the first 3 months was to build a relationship with his father who alreday lives here and to we had to wait for my lease to end.

Thanks for your help too! Much appreciated.
It may still be difficult... Please I really advise speaking with a different agent just to cover yourself.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've got bad news for today ,a friend of mine has been sponsored and he's got his permanent one year ago . He's got an email yesterday from immigration while he is overseas saying they have canceled his permanent without saying any reason . Is someone know what his his rights and what he can do while he is still overseas and cant cone back to Australia because of not holding any visa
Hi Mk83,

I think your friend may know what reason caused his permanent recident visa cancelled by Immigration department, your friend must have broken the law seriously!!! Otherwise it must not happen.... If you need more help from us, you must mention the true story what your friend has done before and then we can help you property.......

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
I've got bad news for today ,a friend of mine has been sponsored and he's got his permanent one year ago .
He's got an email yesterday from immigration while he is overseas saying they have canceled his permanent without saying any reason .
Is someone know what his his rights and what he can do while he is still overseas and cant cone back to Australia because of not holding any visa
Having a Permanent Visa cancelled used to be VERY unusual.

However, since 2013, the semi security for PR was removed when the Migration Act was amended to allow the Immigration Department to cancel anyone's visa if they have EVER been sentenced to a 12 month jail.

Cancellation is also available when they find a visa was granted on the basis of incorrect information or false documents, or even just character grounds.

I find it odd that they did it without saying any reason

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi Mk83,

I think your friend may know what reason caused his permanent recident visa cancelled by Immigration department, your friend must have broken the law seriously!!! Otherwise it must not happen.... If you need more help from us, you must mention the true story what your friend has done before and then we can help you property.......
Do u think I know the true story and I didn't mention it here ,but what I know about him ,he didn't do anything and he's never been sentenced and he still with his autralian wife but he could provide incorrect information ,not sure about it ,what I'm only asking if he has right to come back Australia for MRT or any other thing or he cant come back anymore and do anything about this situation

·
Registered
63 Posts
So I applied for 19 Dec 2014, and am still waiting for word back on 820. Havn't heard anything since October when I got an email stating that the application has been transferred to the DIBP Perth Office as part of an internal allocation of work. However I have me E-medical Referral Letter. Should I be getting this medical completed? I remember reading that it was best to do this once assigned a CO.

I also found I'm unable to add any additional information to my application on immiaccount, anyone else having these issues?
We applied a few days before you (16th Dec), and also got the email in October about being transferred to Perth.

Not sure when our case officer was allocated, but I got an email from them late Feb (23rd) - which was when the health check was requested, along with some additional information.

The status of the application changed to information requested, and I've not had any problems uploading documents (hadn't tried in months before that so it may have been locked).

Hopefully you will hear something soon - they certainly seem to be processing applications from around that time frame, so it may be an idea to get the health check done now, so that the application is ready to good to go (the main reason you are asked to wait is due to the long processing times doing it early may result in needing to have it done again as they only have a 12 month validity).

notsure

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hopefully I have now finally submitted all of the documents required for our application. Last week our case officer asked for extra information, some of which we needed to get translated. Those final documents were uploaded today.

All up we ended up uploading just under 100 documents (looking back some of those could & probably should) have been combined to reduce the total number (though not the page count). I do tend to feel sorry for our case officer who has to wade through it all....no wonder it takes a while for them to get through each application (and hence the long queue of those waiting for processing).

All I can say is that I'm glad it looks like my husband will be granted the 801 immediately, so we don't have to go through the whole document submission rigmarole and endless waiting, in 8 months when he would otherwise be eligible to apply for 2nd stage processing.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hey guys, I know I just posted on here literally 3 hours ago - but as I went back to to work and came of this forum I received my grant notice!!!

So, I applied online onshore on 18th March 2015. I'm from a low risk country (UK).
my congratulation! thanks for sharring wonderful news

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've got bad news for today ,a friend of mine has been sponsored and he's got his permanent one year ago .
He's got an email yesterday from immigration while he is overseas saying they have canceled his permanent without saying any reason .
Is someone know what his his rights and what he can do while he is still overseas and cant cone back to Australia because of not holding any visa
Your friend should contact a registered migration agent and should not be relying on help from a forum full of people who do not know the details of his case. PR is not cancelled lightly, he needs proper advice asap.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
They would have issued him with a letter for cancelling his visa and that will explain why they have cancelled his visa. They do not cancel PR lightly. They are however cancelling alot of PR's at the moment due to character grounds. His cancellation of visa letter will explain how he can object to the visa cancellation.

Another reason for cancellation is supplying fraudulent documents during the visa process.

It is best that he speaks to a migration agent.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey guys, I know I just posted on here literally 3 hours ago - but as I went back to to work and came of this forum I received my grant notice!!!

So, I applied online onshore on 18th March 2015. I'm from a low risk country (UK).
Congratulations, that's wonderful news! Glad your wait is over and you can finally start really living your life here. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi everybody! :)

I've been a silent follower of this thread. This would be my first time posting. All your posting are and have been very helpful. I am so grateful for all your posting and giving information, advices and suggestions :)

So, here are my situation :
mid Apr 2015 ~ applied and lodged online by ourselves (I come from a high risk country)
immediately received BVA
mid Jun 2015 ~ applied for medicare & TFN (still unemployed)
mid Feb 2016 ~ received a generated e-mail "Your application has progressed in the queue" (I ignored it bec I already attached the needed docs and I thought the HAPID will be given by a CO later)
early March 2016 ~ received another same generated e-mail as in Feb. This time it got my attention because there was a due date. To get the HAPID is through own immiaccount and click on the health assessment section.
March 2016 ~ did the health assessment in Bupa & applied for NPC (AUS national police certificate).
March 2016 (before Easter holiday) ~ received the NPC by post and immediately uploaded to immiaccount.
end of March 2016 ~ received an attached e-mail of 820 granted from Perth office (I live in Sydney) and the letter said they will be in contact when it's time for Stage 2 (801).

Forgive my broken english. I want to say thank you very much for this forum.
When I'm tired of this waiting game, I just keep telling myself, "just stay positive and enjoy the life with hubby" ^_^

Wish you all the best! :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Today's email bought good news

My husband is one of Australia's newest permanent residents :)

Our case officer skipped the 820 and granted the 801 immediately.

A big thank-you to everyone in this forum - I started reading these forums around 13 months before we applied, and the advice and tips I found here were invaluable to us when we were preparing my husband's application.

We did a tally yesterday - and final count for the visa application was 2 online forms (his application & my sponsorship application) plus 100 documents uploaded - totaling around 400 pages....there is no way we could have gotten through all of that - plus the 15 1/2 month wait without the assistance of these forums.....it was a lot of work and a fair bit of stress and worry but we got there in the end.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Today's email bought good news

My husband is one of Australia's newest permanent residents :)

Our case officer skipped the 820 and granted the 801 immediately.

A big thank-you to everyone in this forum - I started reading these forums around 13 months before we applied, and the advice and tips I found here were invaluable to us when we were preparing my husband's application.

Congratulations ,happy to hear good news ,I wish to get mine asap as I'm waiting 29 months ,stresfull and hard .
Anw enjoy ur life with,ur hubby bit can u tell me how long have u been waiting alltogether from the lodgement till grant

·
Registered
63 Posts
Congratulations ,happy to hear good news ,I wish to get mine asap as I'm waiting 29 months ,stresfull and hard .
Anw enjoy ur life with,ur hubby bit can u tell me how long have u been waiting alltogether from the lodgement till grant
Thanks - was around 15 1/2 months from application to grant.

We only heard from our case officer 6 weeks ago - so guessing most of that time was spent simply waiting in the queue....

Good luck with your application - hopefully it won't take too much longer.

2561 - 2580 of 6576 Posts