Australia Forum banner

2801 - 2820 of 6595 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
No update. If they already meet quota, that means I need to wait more than 15 months... already 10 days to 15 months now:(
Partner (subclasses 309/100 and 820/801) visas cannot be capped. It is their interpretation on what the quota is for the year. There is generally an increase 'year on year'.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello All,

So I have finally applied (10.06.2016) and after months of stress, fighting and getting the application together we are a little worried we have made some mistakes.

We were under some confusion because as everyone has figured out by now the immi website is all but useless for accurate straight forward advice on how to file, as if they set you up to fail. hmpf!

I am meticulous by nature and gathered everything I could into less that 60 pdf documents. Our evidence is pretty compelling, however, we are worried we may have issues due to a few issues when applying.

We were a little stressed and uploading documents late at night and uploaded a statement regarding my previous relationship as the applicant under the "Statement regarding previous relationship of the sponsor" by mistake! Yes stupid and yes we should have read more carefully but there's no time for "should, would, could have". Also there is no upload title for the applicant to add this kind of statement that I could find.

Another worry is the "supporting witnesses", I read somewhere on this forum that this section was for additional witness to those completing stat decs. This is all we have added in this section and did not add the witnesses from the stat decs, we just uploaded the stat decs in their correct slots.

And our final worry is that we uploaded every item under my TRN for the 47sp, my partner's documents under her 40sp show received but none of her 60 slots under her TRN are used.

The information we have found regarding slots is incredibly confusing. Most people think 60 in total, yet when I call immi they said 120 (60 each). Also the website does not give you a definitive example of how many you have used in total for the process, it gives you segments to figure it out.

I'm by no means a sloppy person but this application process feels like I've been thrown under the bus a bit.

I am sorry if I seem like I am ranting, but this is incredibly stressful and the stress itself has made me over look certain things.

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to respond to my rant :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hi TannyB!

For uploads you get 60 for the applicant, 60 for the sponsor - DIBP is correct. When you click through to each application from the application list, you can then see the total slots used for each. We used up all my applicant slots and as we add more are uploading to his sponsor slots.

Re: mistaken uploads to incorrect categories: As long as you can deduce from the documents themselves who wrote them, or what they are about the categories don't matter as much. For example, we have some documents that could've been uploaded in more than one spot, and sure enough in the list of uploaded documents some categories will appear as completed but with 0 files - meaning it is fulfilled by a document uploaded elsewhere. On the sponsor application we're uploading lots of 'Other' documents since the category options are a lot fewer than for the applicant.
It will all get read and counted.

Cheers!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi everyone,

Just an update of my application. I applied on 26/06/2015 onshore in person, received a generic e-mail requesting for more information on 01/04/2016, so I added form 80. Then they provided me a HAP ID for medical check on 16/05/2016, so I booked in appointment at BUPA on 26/06/2016 for the medicals test, they said my results would send straight to immigration. On 10/06/2016, I sent them email saying that I have completed my medical tests and asked them when I could get approval for my visa. Today they replied me, confirmed that I have provided the mandatory documents required for my application but they cannot guarantee that all applications with mandatory documents provided will be processed more quickly. The time to assess these applications will vary due to a number of operational factors. So I guess I just have to wait and wait :(.
Anyone has similar situation?

Michelle

·
Registered
85 Posts
Partner (subclasses 309/100 and 820/801) visas cannot be capped. It is their interpretation on what the quota is for the year. There is generally an increase 'year on year'.
Yes I heard this too but also read on this forum either in this thread or in the 801 thread that someone received an email from the high commission saying that their application looks great and they will hear from them soon. The person asked if they could get the visa soon (this was in the last month of the financial year) and the CO (I think) said that unfortunately they couldn't approve it until the next month (which so happens to be start of financial year). Someone replied to that post saying that the HCs do received a yearly quota to fill (not sure where they got the info from)

Also, if you read the forums it seems that the grand go quite well at the start and middle of the year, and then taper off near the end of financial year seemingly as if they've met a quota. Plus those that received the generic email before April seems to be reminded to put in all info for the chance to get a decision before 30 June (why would they say this if they didn't have a quota?)

Mind you, it's just a deduction and I'm sure I've read somewhere on forums that it exists. Whether it is a set amount or if it changes each year is irrelevant as a quota is a quota. I hope they don't have quotas and keep giving visas out but hey, that would be wishful thinking.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi everyone,

Just an update of my application. I applied on 26/06/2015 onshore in person, received a generic e-mail requesting for more information on 01/04/2016, so I added form 80. Then they provided me a HAP ID for medical check on 16/05/2016, so I booked in appointment at BUPA on 26/06/2016 for the medicals test, they said my results would send straight to immigration. On 10/06/2016, I sent them email saying that I have completed my medical tests and asked them when I could get approval for my visa. Today they replied me, confirmed that I have provided the mandatory documents required for my application but they cannot guarantee that all applications with mandatory documents provided will be processed more quickly. The time to assess these applications will vary due to a number of operational factors. So I guess I just have to wait and wait :(.
Anyone has similar situation?

Michelle
Hi Michelle. I applied on 15/7/15 and got the generic email asking for more info on 1/4/16. Did the medicals, sent through AFP police check and updated relationship documents (sent in more proof) all by 26/4/16. Stil haven't heard from them either. Just waiting (im)patiently like everyone else. Just so you know you aren't the only one in the same situation.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
They are unofficially capped. Have you ever wondered why the grants are so close in numbers to what they predict? If they didn't have the unofficial capping then alot more visas would be granted. I am not sure about onshore but offshore locations base their processing times on how many visas they can grant per year.

·
Registered
41 Posts
They are unofficially capped. Have you ever wondered why the grants are so close in numbers to what they predict? If they didn't have the unofficial capping then a lot more visas would be granted. I am not sure about onshore but offshore locations base their processing times on how many visas they can grant per year.
Fully agree, I was only stating the law. It does though leave it open to any additional increases they see fit.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Michelle. I applied on 15/7/15 and got the generic email asking for more info on 1/4/16. Did the medicals, sent through AFP police check and updated relationship documents (sent in more proof) all by 26/4/16. Stil haven't heard from them either. Just waiting (im)patiently like everyone else. Just so you know you aren't the only one in the same situation.
In the same boat. 01/04/2016 email asking for Form 80 and was issued a HAP ID, with results sent to DIBP on 26/04/2016.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I hope that the information given to me is wrong but the consensus is that that July 1st looks like the start for reissuing visas under the family stream.

Again, I hope that I'm wrong!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I hope that the information given to me is wrong but the consensus is that that July 1st looks like the start for reissuing visas under the family stream.

Again, I hope that I'm wrong!
Somehow, considering the lack of news from anyone, I'm presuming it may be true. Where'd you hear that?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Two migration agents/ lawyers.
Actually, I just saw on another forum an applicant got approved (Low risk country) on the 14th of June.. so it seems they are still processing visas.. just not at a high volume possibly

Reactions: Helen1977

·
Registered
41 Posts
Actually, I just saw on another forum an applicant got approved (Low risk country) on the 14th of June.. so it seems they are still processing visas.. just not at a high volume possibly
That is very encouraging, I also read a couple were issued June 17.

It lead me to wonder how they were rolled out over the year. Is it averaged out at approx. 130 or so a day or is it done in 'bulk'.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi all, got a phone call from immigration couples of days ago. She asked how things have been going with us as we didn't send any update since our lodgement of application. Then she told me to keep an eye on emails within 2 weeks.
Thus, no worries guys, keep immigration updated and you will hear from them soon :))

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all, got a phone call from immigration couples of days ago. She asked how things have been going with us as we didn't send any update since our lodgement of application. Then she told me to keep an eye on emails within 2 weeks.
Thus, no worries guys, keep immigration updated and you will hear from them soon :))
Hi, when was your DOL and was it on/off shore?..

2801 - 2820 of 6595 Posts