Australia Forum banner

2921 - 2940 of 6587 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Congratulations SMCH, that's awesome! From your timeline I'm holding hope that we'll get ours in October.

Does anyone have a general email address for immi where I can let them know that I will be travelling out of the country? We don't have a CO yet and I don't seem to be able to find any point of contact (apart from calling them which I would really like to avoid).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Congratulations SMCH, that's awesome! From your timeline I'm holding hope that we'll get ours in October.

Does anyone have a general email address for immi where I can let them know that I will be travelling out of the country? We don't have a CO yet and I don't seem to be able to find any point of contact (apart from calling them which I would really like to avoid).
Hey Aussie2404, this is an email address that I got. My working holiday extension request was forwarded to this department/email address. Good luck! partner.temporary.vic @ border.gov.au (guess the .vic depends on which state you've applied, so .nsw for New South Wales, etc)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey Aussie2404, this is an email address that I got. My working holiday extension request was forwarded to this department/email address. Good luck! partner.temporary.vic @ border.gov.au (guess the .vic depends on which state you've applied, so .nsw for New South Wales, etc)
Thank you so much Sirilejeune, I'll give that one a try!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi everyone,

This forum is great :)

I just thought to share my info, even that I know my application is probably ages away from finalising.

Type: 820/801
Nationality: Macedonian
Applied: Online, Onshore
Application Date: 7th Dec 2015

Anyone that has similar dates as mine and have received any feedback from immi please share. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
COPA while online unavailable

Hi it seems the online service for Immigration is currently down and we need to advise of a change of address. Last time we uploaded Form 929 and our new lease through the online service.

Any advice on the best alternative way to advise until we can upload the documents?

·
Registered
6,122 Posts
Hi it seems the online service for Immigration is currently down and we need to advise of a change of address. Last time we uploaded Form 929 and our new lease through the online service.

Any advice on the best alternative way to advise until we can upload the documents?
I just logged in OK.

But there is a notice for this:

ImmiAccount will be unavailable on the following dates/times AEST (GMT +10):

* 2pm to 7pm Saturday 16 July 2016
* Midnight Sunday 17 July to 4am Monday 18 July 2016

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks JandE. It has been happening for over a week.. perhaps its something our end then. We can log in OK but then attempting to view our in progress assessment gives "An error has occurred. This service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." But as I said it's been happening for a while so maybe I should try some settings. Thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks JandE. It has been happening for over a week.. perhaps its something our end then. We can log in OK but then attempting to view our in progress assessment gives "An error has occurred. This service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." But as I said it's been happening for a while so maybe I should try some settings. Thanks!
Hi there,

I have contacted Immigration about the error issue. They are facing technical difficulties. If you want to upload more information, you have to contact their technical support. Then they will change the status for you. Unfortunately, you have to contact them every time if you need to upload new information (that is what I have been told until they fix the issue).
Hope this help.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My partner is applying partner visa and I am the sponsor.

Type: 820/801
Nationality: Sri Lanka
Applied: Online, Onshore
Application Date: 23rd August 2015

Have yet heard anything from the immigration.
Uploaded most information, apart from one police check.

·
Registered
6,122 Posts
That had me concerned just then, as I lodged something two days ago.

I just checked if it had gone though OK, and the system says its been received. So hopefully OK.

Maybe its intermittent for some?

My message under "View Application Status" just now, is: "This application has been received by the department and has been placed in a queue"

·
Registered
743 Posts

You have to have a Bridging Visa B to leave the country. You can't leave on a BVA.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
My message under "View Application Status" just now, is: "This application has been received by the department and has been placed in a queue"
That is interesting to see that they do update the status. Especially in the 801 waiting thread they usually just go from received to granted (or is it approved I can't remember). Good to know that in some cases it does get changed :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
You have to have a Bridging Visa B to leave the country. You can't leave on a BVA.
I'm actually on a 457 visa which allows me to travel and as far as I can see I only have to inform DIBP about my travel or even immediately after my return.

I have sent them an email but haven't received any response, so hoping something might come through closer to our departure date. I just really want to avoid receiving the visa grant while we're out of the country!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm actually on a 457 visa which allows me to travel and as far as I can see I only have to inform DIBP about my travel or even immediately after my return.

I have sent them an email but haven't received any response, so hoping something might come through closer to our departure date. I just really want to avoid receiving the visa grant while we're out of the country!
Hi aussie2404 I am pretty sure that your 457 visa stays in effect until decision has been made on 820, unless your 457visa has expired or been cancelled. So no bridging visa should be required for you.
And by the look of it, on this forum, if immi needs you back in the country to make a decision on your visa they will let you know.
I think, a conversation with immi wouldn't hurt, coz every case is different. And you probably need to find out if you should send an email to 457 department or 820. The email that I have for 457 is: [email protected]. I assume you will have to contact 820 department, but you need to check that.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi aussie2404 I am pretty sure that your 457 visa stays in effect until decision has been made on 820, unless your 457visa has expired or been cancelled. So no bridging visa should be required for you.
And by the look of it, on this forum, if immi needs you back in the country to make a decision on your visa they will let you know.
I think, a conversation with immi wouldn't hurt, coz every case is different. And you probably need to find out if you should send an email to 457 department or 820. The email that I have for 457 is: [email protected]. I assume you will have to contact 820 department, but you need to check that.
Thanks Renekara. My 457 is valid until 2018 so I shouldn't have any issues there, we're just nearing the 12 month mark since applying for the 820 and it seems a lot of people get approval without any previous contact from a CO before. We have uploaded all necessary information and documents, including updating our status as we have gone from engaged to married since applying. I would think we could possibly get approved around that said 12 month mark and would like to avoid any complications due to me being out of the country.
I'll email the 457 department, they might be able to point me in the right direction.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Thanks Renekara. My 457 is valid until 2018 so I shouldn't have any issues there, we're just nearing the 12 month mark since applying for the 820 and it seems a lot of people get approval without any previous contact from a CO before. We have uploaded all necessary information and documents, including updating our status as we have gone from engaged to married since applying. I would think we could possibly get approved around that said 12 month mark and would like to avoid any complications due to me being out of the country.
I'll email the 457 department, they might be able to point me in the right direction.
If you have applied onshore you definitely have to be onshore when it's granted. Maybe you just need to notify them that you're going away and then they will hold off on granting it until you're back in the country.

Not sure of the best way to do this given that you don't know who you're CO is. I'd kinda like to contact someone at immi too so if you find an appropriate email address, can you let me know?

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you have applied onshore you definitely have to be onshore when it's granted. Maybe you just need to notify them that you're going away and then they will hold off on granting it until you're back in the country.

Not sure of the best way to do this given that you don't know who you're CO is. I'd kinda like to contact someone at immi too so if you find an appropriate email address, can you let me know?
Hi Arabella and aussie2402,

if you have a look on this forum page 165 someone has contacted immi via email: [email protected]. But I would suggest to check with immi just to be sure 100%.
And aussie2402 I hope you get your visa in the 12months mark. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Arabella and aussie2402,

if you have a look on this forum page 165 someone has contacted immi via email: [email protected]. But I would suggest to check with immi just to be sure 100%.
And aussie2402 I hope you get your visa in the 12months mark. :)
That's the email address I used last week but haven't heard anything back yet. Arabella, I'll let you know if I hear back from either of the email addresses. It's a bit tought when you're supposed to update them about your movements but they don't give you any details how to contact them.

2921 - 2940 of 6587 Posts