Australia Forum banner

2941 - 2960 of 6576 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi Arabella and aussie2402,

if you have a look on this forum page 165 someone has contacted immi via email: [email protected]. But I would suggest to check with immi just to be sure 100%.
And aussie2402 I hope you get your visa in the 12months mark. :)
That's the email address I used last week but haven't heard anything back yet. Arabella, I'll let you know if I hear back from either of the email addresses. It's a bit tought when you're supposed to update them about your movements but they don't give you any details how to contact them.
aussie2402 just a question, have you been eligible for medicare? I am looking into that now, but not sure how that works. thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
aussie2402 just a question, have you been eligible for medicare? I am looking into that now, but not sure how that works. thanks
renecara, I am! I didn't think I was but just went to my local Centerlink and applied and they asked why it had taken me so many months to apply for my medicare as I would've been eligible from the day I got my Bidging Visa Grant letter... I was sooo excited when I got my medicare card!

So if you're on a 457 and have applied for an 820 visa:yes, you are eligible!

·
Registered
73 Posts
renecara, I am! I didn't think I was but just went to my local Centerlink and applied and they asked why it had taken me so many months to apply for my medicare as I would've been eligible from the day I got my Bidging Visa Grant letter... I was sooo excited when I got my medicare card!

So if you're on a 457 and have applied for an 820 visa:yes, you are eligible!
OMG I was thinking I am not eligible because of my 457!! That is great!
What are the doc that I need to apply?
Thanks for sharing that info with me aussie2402.

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi guys....

It gives me great pleasure to tell you all I got my 820 visa granted today!... Not only that but I was also granted my 801... I'm now a PERMANENT RESIDENT of this beautiful country...

DOL 9th July 2015
Online and onshore
Low risk (uk)
Visa granted today so 12 months and 10 days..

Good luck to everyone else... The wait will soon be over....

Bye guys xx

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi guys....

It gives me great pleasure to tell you all I got my 820 visa granted today!... Not only that but I was also granted my 801... I'm now a PERMANENT RESIDENT of this beautiful country...

DOL 9th July 2015
Online and onshore
Low risk (uk)
Visa granted today so 12 months and 10 days..

Good luck to everyone else... The wait will soon be over....

Bye guys xx
Congratulations Helen, that is awesome, you must be over the moon! And even better you got your 801 granted, too!! Did they give you any reason why you got your 801 as well? I would love for that to happen to me ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi everyone,

I have a quick question related to contacts from CO. I have been on a BVA for 13 months so far and waiting for 820 granted, I got 5 missed calls from someone since yesterday but I was working so I didn't see the incoming calls, and it did show the number on my phone, said "No Caller ID", I think it could be calls from CO. For anyone who have been contacted by CO, please let me know if their numbers showed on your phone? Thank you.

Michelle

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Call the call centre and see if they have record of the person calling you. Otherwise you have to wait for them to call again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Congratulations Helen, that is awesome, you must be over the moon! And even better you got your 801 granted, too!! Did they give you any reason why you got your 801 as well? I would love for that to happen to me ;)
Thank you 😃.
I've been with my hubby for 13 years, married for 3 and we have a nine year old son. My husband was my sponsor..

Good luck with yours Aussie2404.... 😊

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey guys,

Just wondering are forms1221 or 80 required for 820/801?
I have lodged all the police checks and medical required, but I haven't filled out form 1221 or 80.

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi everyone,

I have a quick question related to contacts from CO. I have been on a BVA for 13 months so far and waiting for 820 granted, I got 5 missed calls from someone since yesterday but I was working so I didn't see the incoming calls, and it did show the number on my phone, said "No Caller ID", I think it could be calls from CO. For anyone who have been contacted by CO, please let me know if their numbers showed on your phone? Thank you.

Michelle
To be honest if a case officer was trying to contact you I'm sure they would have left a message on the first call.... I'm sure they won't have time to call that many times in a day!!..

My case officer got in touch with me over email...

Good luck though, the waiting is so bad... I know!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
That's exactly what I thought! Oh the opportunities!

From memory, I brought my Visa Grant letter and possibly my passport with me. It was super easy and quick!
Hi aussie2404, I'm kind of in the same boat with you. I'm with 485 visa and my BVA for 820 is not in effect yet. I already got medicare interim card as well. BUT what should we do to oversea visitor insurance cover since it's the condition to maintain 457/485 visa...

Any thoughts?
Thank you in advance

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi aussie2404, I'm kind of in the same boat with you. I'm with 485 visa and my BVA for 820 is not in effect yet. I already got medicare interim card as well. BUT what should we do to oversea visitor insurance cover since it's the condition to maintain 457/485 visa...

Any thoughts?
Thank you in advance
Good question, I still got my private health insurance but was going to downgrade it to a "normal" health insurance in combination with my medicare card. I thought I had read somewhere, that we don't need the visitors cover anymore as we are eligible for medicare...

Would love to hear from others who know more maybe!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Been reading all threads this week. Thank You All for all the sharings and valuable informations. I'm still long way to go for my 820 grant...

Partner Visa subclass 820/801
Nationality: Chinese
Applied: Paper Application Submitted Onshore through VIC Melbourne Office
Application Date: 29th April 2016
Police Checks: 22nd Feb 2016
Medicals: 6th May 2016

2941 - 2960 of 6576 Posts