Australia Forum banner

3241 - 3260 of 6695 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Didn't someone say that Immi is now quoting 15-18 months? It keeps going, and they'll just have to issue 801s at the same time as the 820. Guess that's not such a bad thing, if you're trying to look on the bright side of things.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Didn't someone say that Immi is now quoting 15-18 months? It keeps going, and they'll just have to issue 801s at the same time as the 820. Guess that's not such a bad thing, if you're trying to look on the bright side of things.
Yeah I thought I read that too. So crazy! But hopefully less paperwork?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I'd hope so! It will be the reason I will slowly add a few things over the next year or so, to show continuing relationship. For instance, we are engaged and plan to marry at some point in the next year, so we'll show all of those things. And anything else that pops up.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I'd hope so! It will be the reason I will slowly add a few things over the next year or so, to show continuing relationship. For instance, we are engaged and plan to marry at some point in the next year, so we'll show all of those things. And anything else that pops up.
What do you have to do for the 801? Are there more forms or is it just more evidence?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry I have no advice for you....but thank you for sharing - I am just hitting the 13 month mark from a low risk country....impatiently checking my emails/junk filters and immigration account daily...no news. I've been doing this for the past month hoping I might get lucky and be one of the ones who get approved around 12 months....but now I'm hearing 15-18 months is the wait time :( Pretty disappointing but oh well, I think I need to stop this daily checking and hoping for news! Back in July, I got asked to provide form 80, medicals etc - just a routine email, not a case officer request. I submitted the form 80 and medicals(as everything else they requested had already been submitted) - and I have heard nothing since. Hopefully some good news will arrive soon!
Same here... I applied in September last year and the first thing I do upon waking is checking my emails to see whether something has come in! It's like high school when you're waiting for your crush to call haha! I'm also from a low risk country and was asked in July to provide any information that might still be missing, nothing since! Finger's crossed we get something soon, the wait is annoying!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've got a health insurance related question, I'm on a 457 visa and waiting for my 820 to hopefully come any day now (we applied in Sep 2015, low risk country, have since gotten married, lots of evidence, etc). I'm still on my very expensive private health insurance which was required for my 457 visa, I also have the interim (blue) medicare card. I wanted to change my PHI to a lower cover but have been told that I need to remain on a "457 approved cover" until I get my 820. Does anyone know if this is correct? The guy from my health fund said if I changed cover I would be in breach of my visa conditions. I'm just not sure if that is correct or if her was just keen for me to stay on an expensive cover instead of switching to a much cheaper one.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
What do you have to do for the 801? Are there more forms or is it just more evidence?
From what I understand, we do have some things to complete (on our myimmi account) and yes, more evidence. Maybe one of the folks who've already applied for their 801 can elaborate more for us.

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
The only difference is the colour.

Other than for maybe tax reasons you don't need any private health cover.

In fact here in Darwin it is best not to have private cover, most medical is done in the public hospital so you actually only get a private bed in the Private Hospital (unless cosmetic).

I had 2 stays in Darwin Public Hospital, very bad burns (face, neck, arms and legs) and was treated by the best burns doctor in Australia (possibly World) she also treated many from the Bali Bombings - The other was Melioidosis (Nightcliff Gardeners Disease) that had (still does in many countries) a mortality rate of about 20%, again treated by one of the best infections disease doctors in the World.

My plug for the great work done by staff at the Public Hospital in Darwin that saved my life twice, thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
You complete a form on the immi account and the applicant answers 5 questions. The sponsor completes the sponsors stat dec, you provide 2 x 888's, evidence since the grant of the 820 and AFP or any police checks for places you have lived for 12 months or more since the 820 grant.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've got a health insurance related question, I'm on a 457 visa and waiting for my 820 to hopefully come any day now (we applied in Sep 2015, low risk country, have since gotten married, lots of evidence, etc). I'm still on my very expensive private health insurance which was required for my 457 visa, I also have the interim (blue) medicare card. I wanted to change my PHI to a lower cover but have been told that I need to remain on a "457 approved cover" until I get my 820. Does anyone know if this is correct? The guy from my health fund said if I changed cover I would be in breach of my visa conditions. I'm just not sure if that is correct or if her was just keen for me to stay on an expensive cover instead of switching to a much cheaper one.
Hi there,

I am on a valid 457 visa and applied for 820 and currently hold medicare card. Once I got my MC I rang the private health insurance and change my cover straight away.I only had to provide my MC details and choose a new cover.
Try talking to a different person, maybe that will help.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey guys,

is there anyone new with a visa grant or a generic email???

It looks like immi has stopped working!
Maybe they have reached their maximum for the year....
What are your thoughts?

Like the most of you here on this forum, I am checking my account every single day waiting for an update...

·
Registered
743 Posts
You complete a form on the immi account and the applicant answers 5 questions. The sponsor completes the sponsors stat dec, you provide 2 x 888's, evidence since the grant of the 820 and AFP or any police checks for places you have lived for 12 months or more since the 820 grant.
Do they have to be 888s from new people or can they be the same people as the first time?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hey guys,

What are your thoughts?

Like the most of you here on this forum, I am checking my account every single day waiting for an update...
What do you mean maximum for the year?

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
There is a total number of Partner Visas issued each year. But the end of year is end of June, so plenty more to be issued - the monthly amount of grants is about similar (well it use to be).

The family stream consisted of 60 885 visas in 2013-14. The 2013-14 family stream contained 47 525 partner visas, 3850 child visas, 8925 parent visas and 585 other family visas.

The planning levels for the family stream in 2014-15 is set at 60 885 visas.

·
Registered
182 Posts
There is a total number of Partner Visas issued each year. But the end of year is end of June, so plenty more to be issued - the monthly amount of grants is about similar (well it use to be).

The family stream consisted of 60 885 visas in 2013-14. The 2013-14 family stream contained 47 525 partner visas, 3850 child visas, 8925 parent visas and 585 other family visas.

The planning levels for the family stream in 2014-15 is set at 60 885 visas.
So it's just a quota for actual issue of visa's not a quota for applications received?

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
In theory there is no limit to number of Family Visas that can be issued, but in reality the "planning level" will not be exceeded.

There is no quota for number of applications received - this is why the processing time is increasing. (more than 60,885 applications received in past years)

* About 8 to 10 years ago the Family Stream Visa's planning levels were slashed, we are only back at about the same numbers now after a few years of increases. With Australia's immigration make up, cheap international airfares and internet match making services it is no surprise that Partner Visa applications would have dramatically increased over the last 10-15 years. But the powers to be have given preference to Skilled Workers Visas instead and that is where the big increase in quota's has been.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey guys,

What are your thoughts?

I have been waiting 15 months and had my first correspondence from Immi this week! They have requested more information including my medical exam, which I took in February this year (8 months ago) and it was all uploaded on my application. So I've sent an email but it takes up to 2 weeks to reply to it. Half happy because they've finally looked at it, but also frustrated that it hasn't been granted :(

3241 - 3260 of 6695 Posts