Australia Forum banner

3301 - 3320 of 6629 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
GOOD NEWS! After 15 months and 13 days I have been granted my 820 visa!

Applied 03/08/16 onshore online, after being on a working holiday visa
Granted 16/11/16.
I've been with my partner for 3 years, living in the UK and then Australia.

I'm from the UK and it was a pretty straightforward case other than they had to ask for more info at 15 months (his birth certificate, and my AFP check). After we uploaded this, it only took them about 10 days to grant it.

The only thing we added over the 15 months was my medical check and also that we got engaged.

Don't lose hope! It's a very long and exhausting wait but this forum has helped me so much! Thanks to everyone. x

·
Registered
7 Posts
Congratulations Beti and Prazzle. Happy for you. And happy that they haven't stop working because of Christmas, New year coming soon. :):)

·
Registered
35 Posts

Granted 16/11/16.

I'm from the UK and it was a pretty straightforward case other than they had to ask for more info at 15 months (his birth certificate, and my AFP check). After we uploaded this, it only took them about 10 days to grant it.

The only thing we added over the 15 months was my medical check and also that we got engaged.

Don't lose hope! It's a very long and exhausting wait but this forum has helped me so much! Thanks to everyone. x
Congratulation!!! :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just wondering if anyone is or has been in the same boat as us, so to speak. We have just applied for the 820 visa in Australia. I am an 'eligible New Zealand citizen', in other words a permanent resident. My partner is currently on a student visa until 2018. She is 34 weeks pregnant.
After receiving our application notification it also said that a bridging visa had now been granted for her. It goes on to say that it is not in effect and if her student visa gets cancelled it may not come into effect.The 3rd paragraph of the letter states that the visa allows her to stay in Australia until 28 days after her temporary partner visa has been decided.
Can anyone confirm which statement is correct? The wording is a little confusing or should I say deceiving? The way I read it is she has to carry on attending school, even with our newborn baby next year or her student visa could be revoked. Does that then mean that the bridging visa comes into effect or not?
Thanks in advance to anyone that have shared a similar experience

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Bridging visa is attached to current visa being a student visa in her case, If the student visa is cancelled so is the bridging visa.

That is very simple and straight forward.

The requirements of study and attending school while pregnant and compliance with visa conditions I am not sure, but expect a course deferral is an option. Again I have no idea on how long it could be deferred but expect at least as long as maternity leave period.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you for your prompt reply ampk! She has been granted leave from her study for a month after our baby is born at a premium cost of course. Nothing comes cheap when you're talking about all things immigration.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Congratulations Beti and Prazzle!!! Great news!

May I ask in which office did you lodge your application? (I assume if you apply in Vic you get Melbourne office to process your visa)

Thanks and good luck with 801

·
Registered
98 Posts

Granted 16/11/16.

Congrats Prazzle! So nice to read of some happy news in this thread! I am at 14 months now....hoping to get some positive news soon as well!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just out of curiosity, anyone on the forum still waiting for their 820 from June/July 2015 applications? I believe a friend of mine is still waiting for hers and am curious to whether she got overlooked -.-

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone,
I have been viewing this forum for such a long time. It has helped me a lot with my application. This is my experience so far:
Applied for 820 Partner Visa online, onshore in the middle of July 2015. My Medical and Police Check was supplied with initial application.
Since then I have not had any correspondence from Immigration. I called Immi a month ago which they advised me that a Case Officer was assigned to me.
Now its been more than 16 months and still waiting. It is a frustrating process, my partner and I are so stressed even though we have a pretty straightforward case. We cannot do much but sit and wait.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi everyone,

We're still waiting for mine as well. Applied 07 August 2015 with Health check supplied in May 2016, and it's hitting the 16 months mark soon.

Last month I was granted a bridging visa B that lasts up to Feb 2017, I wonder if that will slow down the process?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Congratulations Beti and Prazzle!!! Great news!

May I ask in which office did you lodge your application? (I assume if you apply in Vic you get Melbourne office to process your visa)

Thanks and good luck with 801
Hi, I applied online so I'm not sure which office it goes to, but yes I am based in Melbourne.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just out of curiosity, anyone on the forum still waiting for their 820 from June/July 2015 applications? I believe a friend of mine is still waiting for hers and am curious to whether she got overlooked -.-
I applied 3rd August 2015 and only just got mine granted last week. Hopefully your friend's will be any day now!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Visa granted!

Just an update:

We applied for my husbands 820/801 visa on 21/10/15. Received a generic email 26/07/16 asking us to upload any remaining information. Police certificates uploaded August 2016, and Medical checks October 2016.

801 visa granted today (we have been married for 6 years).

Good luck to all still waiting.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
An update on my 820 application, lodged on 5 Oct 2016. We were asked for Schedule 3 criteria yesterday. We have submitted the requested information, doctors' letters and evidences. Now, we sit and wait to see if it is enough. We are, of course, stressed and scared. But, trying to stay positive and hoping for a positive outcome. Will keep everyone posted on what happens.

And yes, we've talked with a fantastic MARA agent to prepare. You just never know what Immi will say or do, though. At this point, can use all the moral support we can get! I kind of feel like we're all a sort of family here. No one knows the stresses of this whole process like all of you!

Reactions: ampk

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Just an update:

We applied for my husbands 820/801 visa on 21/10/15. Received a generic email 26/07/16 asking us to upload any remaining information. Police certificates uploaded August 2016, and Medical checks October 2016.

801 visa granted today (we have been married for 6 years).

Good luck to all still waiting.
Congratulations!! That is so wonderful to hear! Celebrations are in order, for sure. :)

3301 - 3320 of 6629 Posts