Australia Forum banner

3341 - 3360 of 6595 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I hope so...I applied Online in last week of Jan 2016 in Melbourne Victoria. Now my application status is 'Assessment in Progress'.
Yes, it sounds like you'll get your grant any time now! How exciting! Please share the good news with all of us when you do. And wow! They are processing them quicker now? That's also good news! :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi everyone,

Today I got an email from immigration requesting me to submit a new police check that has my preferred name on it. Im originally from a non english speaking country, its hard to pronounce my legal name so I have picked 'Michelle' as my English name so my foreign friends can say it. Therefore, when I submitted my application for 820 visa I provided some docs that show I am also known as Michelle. The problem is when I filled out consent form for police check there was no option for preferred name, just legal name. How can I get a police check with both names on it?. It takes at least 15 working days to get a police check done plus couple days to get it delivered, but CO only gives me 28 days to submit it. Im so frusrated now. Anyone in this situation before? Please share with me. Thank you!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks!! A small suggestion to everyone - keep on updating your application with recent trips, celebration pictures etc to show that you are staying together and relationship is genuine.

And Good luck to everyone who are waiting.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks!! A small suggestion to everyone - keep on updating your application with recent trips, celebration pictures etc to show that you are staying together and relationship is genuine.

And Good luck to everyone who are waiting.
Thats a good idea. I have been collecting things and am planning to upload it all in one go at around the 10 - 12 month mark. We should eligible to go straight onto 801 so hopefully the extra evidence will make sure that happens with no issues.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
And here is the good news......I have got the grant for Visa 820 yesterday evening :)
Congratulations! That is such great news!! And you got your grant in under 12 months...that's even better news! Enjoy and time for celebration! :) Thanks for the tips. That is exactly what we are planning to do, keep uploading new evidences to show our relationship is genuine and ongoing. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Congrats Gubla! So happy for you!
I only just really don't know how they work... I've been waiting 14 months 2 days now and applied online in Melbourne too. I'm just getting more worried by the day which is so frustrating. I try not to think about it too much but I just seriously don't get why it's taking so long. We've provided all the docs and checks etc. and I'm from a low risk country.

Anyone else waiting for long now?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Congrats Gubla! So happy for you!
I only just really don't know how they work... I've been waiting 14 months 2 days now and applied online in Melbourne too. I'm just getting more worried by the day which is so frustrating. I try not to think about it too much but I just seriously don't get why it's taking so long. We've provided all the docs and checks etc. and I'm from a low risk country.

Anyone else waiting for long now?
Me. You are definitely not along. I applied on 23/08/2015, so 15 month plus now. No contact from the department other than general email to remind us to upload everything. Just have to sit tight and wait I guess.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I think we all wonder how they work and why they are taking ages to process applications!
Mine is 12 months now, and I haven't even received the automated email asking for more info, even tho I have uploaded all required docs. Applied in online in Melb as well.
This waiting game is really frustrating! Hope we all hear something soon!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Melbourne appears to be the slowest place in Australia to get your application looked at. :(

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yeah it's crazy! Good to see we are not alone :) I have received the general email on the 26th of July but nothing further, I emailed them at 13 months and they said processing times are now 15-19 months and if my checks are expired by then I have to redo them (can't wait to spend another 500$ total...)

Melbourne is so slow, they are probably overwhelmed, I have heard from some Sydney and Brisbane applications that they have been processed around the 12 month time frame. Well, we'll just sit back and wait I guess.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Yes, and unfortunately, our application is in the hands of the Victoria team. I do wonder all those who get quicker grants, if they are being processed in other offices? Would be interesting to do a poll or something to show time vs. office location.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I am at 14.5 months waiting....from a low-risk country....applied online and live in Victoria, so I guess mine is being dealt with in Melbourne too. Didn't realise there were different offices processing these apps.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just received an email that we need to provide more evidence. I'm so anxious because I've already given them so much information and I don't know what more they require. I do have a CO now but I don't have her phone number or email. I have also utilised the maximum amount of documents I can upload. Anyone any ideas how to solve this?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Have you also used your partners upload limit?

What evidence did they request?
No we haven't but they have approved his application so we cannot upload anything in there anymore.

We need a new police checks and more evidence to proof our length of the de facto relationship and the de facto relationship itself. We have provided them a relationship certificate from the City of Melbourne which apparently is not legal so now we have to go the the state to get a new certificate, which will take 20 business days so it won't be on time within the 28 days they requested. The evidence we have to provide is eg that we have assets together (which we don't because we live at his dad's house so we can save for a house deposit) and just the regular nature of household, social context etc. which is weird because we already have provided them with 43 documents of wedding invites, travel tickets, beneficiaries of super fund, AAR certificates of our dogs in both our names, couple cover for health insurance, car insurance, joint bank account statements etc. So we are a bit stuck as of what we can provide them.

All I can do is upload more recent files, because it's all obviously 14-15 months old, like joint bank account statements to date, 3 new travel tickets from previous and upcoming trips to WA, Sydney and Amsterdam, proof of saving for a deposit, proof to date that we are paying his father rent every week, receipts of car repairs and a bed that we bought, birth announcement from a mutual friend, mail send to our address in the past year... is there anything I might miss? I am really stressed out now because we don't have any 'legal' or quality documents as in assets or liabilities.

3341 - 3360 of 6595 Posts