Australia Forum banner

3361 - 3380 of 6595 Posts

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
Something is very strange!!

"but they have approved his application"

Also never heard of this??

"relationship certificate from the City of Melbourne which apparently is not legal so now we have to go the the state to get a new certificate,"

Think you need to call DIBP and or a RMA.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I agree with Ampk. If your sponsor's app is approved, then that is odd. I'd definitely send them all of the new stuff you spoke of. If they sent you an email, you can send them the new information via email. Can you get the Dad to write up rent receipts with both of your names? If you are paying him rent, then that should suffice as additional evidence. As for the time frame, you can let them know that you have requested the new certificate (show proof of posting or whatever) and ask for an extension. And like Ampk said, I'd speak with a RMA. Wouldn't hurt to call DIBP as well and try to speak with your case officer (if you can) and see what is happening.

·
Registered
41 Posts
thanks guys, we spoken to DIPB but they couldn't give that much info, just follow what the email says. We've spoken to a lawyer and we are just writing a statement explaining that we have the certificate of the city of Melbourne but have requested one from Birth, Marriages and Death now but yes we need extension for that. The lawyer even said it was one of the most straightforward and comprehensive cases he's ever seen, they are just being fussy about the relationship certificate. Worst case scenario we have to take this to Tribunal.

My partners app was approved yesterday but now it changed to 'submitted' again which is weird too.

Reactions: LadyRogueRayne

·
Registered
41 Posts
They said I can just email it to them even though it might delay the process..

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I am normally in 309/100 category as I am an offshore applicant. But this thread has more readers and thought someone here could me some help. ( I am at the first stage subclass 309)

Today I went online on ImmiAccount to uploaded a whole bunch of documents.
My ImmiAccount is almost full, 59 out of 60, status being "INFORMATION REQUIRED. So we tried the Sponsor's ImmiAccount which currently has 9 documents uploaded, status being "APPROVED"

The reason of adding more docs is obviously as we have been asked for additional evidence. So we collected and collated a whole bunch of them, now ready to go.

When I went to my partner's ImmiAccount, under Attach Documents, there is absolutely nothing to click to add any more. Usually you have the square button on the very bottom to add documents, and it is gone. Nothing on the right hand side on the box either.

So currently I have all ready to go additional evidence in response to their request and unable to submit. It is in total so big in size, and they specifically told us not to send them by email as it causes a significant delay in processing.

Has anyone seen the same, what is the cause and what do I do? Please help!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I am normally in 309/100 category as I am an offshore applicant. But this thread has more readers and thought someone here could me some help. ( I am at the first stage subclass 309)

My ImmiAccount is almost full, 59 out of 60, status being "INFORMATION REQUIRED. So we tried the Sponsor's ImmiAccount which currently has 9 documents uploaded, status being "APPROVED"

The reason of adding more docs is obviously as we have been asked for additional evidence. So we collected and collated a whole bunch of them, now ready to go.

When I went to my partner's ImmiAccount, under Attach Documents, there is absolutely nothing to click to add any more. Usually you have the square button on the very bottom to add documents, and it is gone. Nothing on the right hand side on the box either.

So currently I have all ready to go additional evidence in response to their request and unable to submit. It is in total so big in size, and they specifically told us not to send them by email as it causes a significant delay in processing.

From other responses, I'd say contact technical support for the MyImmi website and tell them your issue. Others have said they had the same problem, and got it resolved by doing that. And from what I understand, they are pretty quick with responding, as well.

·
Registered
100 Posts
From other responses, I'd say contact technical support for the MyImmi website and tell them your issue. Others have said they had the same problem, and got it resolved by doing that. And from what I understand, they are pretty quick with responding, as well.
Thanks for the quick advise, I have just contacted the ImmiAccount Support office. I didn't go through the DIBP website web form, I already had contacted them previously so I just responded to that email. Hopefully its the quicker way to get their attention. Hopefully in the couple of days they will respond. We are in trouble if not. I believe the required supporting evidence will be the final judge of success of unsuccessful of the application! :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the quick advise, I have just contacted the ImmiAccount Support office. I didn't go through the DIBP website web form, I already had contacted them previously so I just responded to that email. Hopefully its the quicker way to get their attention. Hopefully in the couple of days they will respond. We are in trouble if not. I believe the required supporting evidence will be the final judge of success of unsuccessful of the application! :(
Daisy2016 I recently had the same problem and worries as you.I emailed tech support and the processing office, and called the dibp helpline and all of them said to email the documents through (even though it specifically says not too) Attention the email to your case officer. From my first email to them, to my husband's visa being granted only took two days!

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Have you tried to make the file smaller by using something like smallpdf.com?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Daisy2016 I recently had the same problem and worries as you.I emailed tech support and the processing office, and called the dibp helpline and all of them said to email the documents through (even though it specifically says not too) Attention the email to your case officer. From my first email to them, to my husband's visa being granted only took two days!
Thanks for sharing your experience. Our processing office (korea) speficially noted that the evidence and docs should not be sent by email due to the reason of delaying the process significantly and that is definitely what we want. So I am not sure what else to do, I still havent had a response from the offiice or the tech support.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Have you tried to make the file smaller by using something like smallpdf.com?
Thanks for the advinse, much appreviated.
However we have like tons of documents awaiting to be submitted as "additional". I guess we kinda freaked out a bit when they wanted additional evidnecen (we knew this happens all the time but still) and we got really serious and worked so hard on it. As a result we have like total of 100 pages, if separated docs, like 50 docs to submit.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi guys

Another question from me please.
When they ask you for the evidence of the communication during separation (if any), how much content do you submit? We have been separated for 6 months now (thus applying offshore 309), and they want the communication history. We downloaded all the FB chat and other smart phone App chat history which ended up in like 100 pages in total, with 3 - 4 coloums with tiny letter size with tiny margen on word doc!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi everyone
today is a year that i am waiting for 820 visa i applied 7th of December 2015
:) I hope i will get it soon

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey Vladica, may I ask where did you apply? And have you received the general email asking to provide more info?
I done everything online I am based in Melbourne.. soon as I applied I got Bridging visa (next day) with no limit(working rights etc) except I can't leave Australia. I didn't receive any emails for an extra info
I fill out all that what it said recommended and of course I done medical, police check even I have working with children check LOL
i got, Medicare card, tax file number ......

·
Registered
73 Posts
I done everything online I am based in Melbourne.. soon as I applied I got Bridging visa (next day) with no limit(working rights etc) except I can't leave Australia. I didn't receive any emails for an extra info
I fill out all that what it said recommended and of course I done medical, police check even I have working with children check LOL
i got, Medicare card, tax file number ......
I did all the checks as well! And now, I am thinking, should I do medical again or should I wait until they request it... I already applied for new police check, as that one has expired, same as the medical...

3361 - 3380 of 6595 Posts