Australia Forum banner

3441 - 3460 of 6595 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've emailed the DIBP to see how things were going with my application (lodged on Jan 16) and they surprisingly responded two days later with the following.

To be fair to all applicants the partner visa applications are assessed in date order from time of lodgement.

Current processing timeframe for partner visa applications is 12 to 15 months. Currently applications lodged in November 2015 are being allocated to case officers for assessment. Once your application is allocated the case officer will assess all information provided and request any documents/requirements needed which includes health and character requirements.

Most health and character requirements are valid for 12 months but some requirements may be valid for further time or be able to be extended in individual cases which will be assessed by the case officer when they assess your visa application.

So again, I guess we just need to wait and soon it will be our turns to celebrate :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congrats josiemyt!

Xine where did you apply?
I haven't had any contact from immi at all! I applied early Dec 2015, online from Melbourne.
I applied online mine was November 2 2015 so maybe you will get message soon. I applied for BVB after it got approved they sent me an email for additional requirement.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've emailed the DIBP to see how things were going with my application (lodged on Jan 16) and they surprisingly responded two days later with the following.

To be fair to all applicants the partner visa applications are assessed in date order from time of lodgement.

Current processing timeframe for partner visa applications is 12 to 15 months. Currently applications lodged in November 2015 are being allocated to case officers for assessment. Once your application is allocated the case officer will assess all information provided and request any documents/requirements needed which includes health and character requirements.

Most health and character requirements are valid for 12 months but some requirements may be valid for further time or be able to be extended in individual cases which will be assessed by the case officer when they assess your visa application.

So again, I guess we just need to wait and soon it will be our turns to celebrate :D
Good job christtianpinto, lucky you got an answer!
May I ask which state you send the email to?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I applied online mine was November 2 2015 so maybe you will get message soon. I applied for BVB after it got approved they sent me an email for additional requirement.
Thanks Xine!
Hope to hear something soon, it's definitely a nerve-racking process!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi all!
I got my grant letter for my 820 visa today after 9 months :)
Passport: Canada
Applied: Online, Onshore
Applied: 6 April 2016
Request for Medicals/Police Checks: 21 Dec 2016
Medicals: 5 Jan 2017
Uploaded Police Check: 6 Jan 2017
Approved: 9 Jan 2017

Very happy! I had applied for a BVB for a work assignment on 30 Nov 2016 which was approved on the 21st of December which probably led to them requesting the additional information.

Good luck everyone!
Congrats!! hope mine will approve soon too....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Question about 820 partner visa

Hi! I'm from the Philippines. My partner is an Australian Citizen (born and raised), he moved to the Philippines 3 years ago and we've been living together for about 2 1/2 years now. He wants us to migrate to Australia. I want to know if:

We can apply for a tourist visa, go to Australia using the tourist visa and lodge the application for the Partner Visa (subclass 820) in Australia and get a bridging visa while waiting for the Partner Visa's results.

Has anyone done this or tried to do this? Were you guys successful?

·
Registered
41 Posts
My partner had his partner subclass 820 visa granted today :)))))

We applied on 5 Nov 2015, including full medicals. The first contact we had from the Dept of Immigration was on 4/1/17 (14 months later!), asking for an Australian Police Clearance and Form 80 (Character Assessment). I uploaded the Form 80 the next day and the Police Clearance this morning, and within 5 hours received notification that the visa had been granted. There were no other requests for additional information.

Good luck to everyone!

·
Registered
69 Posts
In mid December 2016 I received an e-mail from immi asking me to complete medical assessment and provide a police clearance. As I was overseas at the time, I only did my medicals a few days ago, and received and uploaded my police clearance today.

Applied online February 2016, first contact from immigration was that e-mail in December. Haven't heard anything about a case officer, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an approval soon anyway! :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi all!
I got my grant letter for my 820 visa today after 9 months :)
Passport: Canada
Applied: Online, Onshore
Applied: 6 April 2016
Request for Medicals/Police Checks: 21 Dec 2016
Medicals: 5 Jan 2017
Uploaded Police Check: 6 Jan 2017
Approved: 9 Jan 2017

Very happy! I had applied for a BVB for a work assignment on 30 Nov 2016 which was approved on the 21st of December which probably led to them requesting the additional information.

Good luck everyone!
I'm happy for you....yet feeling very frustrated! I also applied online...onshore...from a low risk country...also Canada even! And I have been waiting over 16 months now....getting pretty impatient :(

·
Registered
743 Posts
Can't believe you got it after 9 months. Do you know where it was processed?

I'm coming up to the 12 month mark (19th January) and haven't heard a peep out of them. :(

Is it any easier to apply for a new passport once I have my 820? I need a new passport before July because I'm planning to go to New Zealand with my husband and my family. My current passport annoyingly expires just before the trip is going to happen! Debating whether to apply for it now or wait another few weeks and see if I get my 820.

If I apply for a new passport, what do I need to do for immigration?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, partner just got her email for request checklist and details today! We submitted 14 months ago. Good luck to everyone else.

Just a couple of questions seeing if anyone has seen this happen, we knew her police check was expiring hence we submitted new ones a few months ago. However it has been requested on the checklist. What does this mean? Do we need to submit it again or get a new check?

We also continuously upload pictures and evidence about our relationship however they added "Evidence of your relationship with your de facto parntner". We don't have anything recent since our trip over the new year break.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi all, partner just got her email for request checklist and details today! We submitted 14 months ago. Good luck to everyone else.

Just a couple of questions seeing if anyone has seen this happen, we knew her police check was expiring hence we submitted new ones a few months ago. However it has been requested on the checklist. What does this mean? Do we need to submit it again or get a new check?

We also continuously upload pictures and evidence about our relationship however they added "Evidence of your relationship with your de facto parntner". We don't have anything recent since our trip over the new year break.
Hey,

With regards to the police check if you guys are married make sure it is in the both the maiden name and married name. My original police check was just in my maiden name and then they requested one for my married name too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey,

With regards to the police check if you guys are married make sure it is in the both the maiden name and married name. My original police check was just in my maiden name and then they requested one for my married name too.
Hi thanks for this, I double checked the police check and found out that we haven't uploaded her country of origin check. As well as realised it had expired October last year...

This was a big mistake when we did the renewal of the Australian police check we totally forgot that one and getting a new one may take weeks! We will upload it regardless, do you think having it being expired will jeopardize our chances?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Anyone know if the Stat dec forms 888 can be filled out on the computer then printed and signed or do they have to be filled in by pen? The forms are in PDF format which allows electronic filling out but on the front page of the form at the top, it states to "use black pen and write neatly in english using block letters". Would this mean it has to be manually filled out by pen after printing it or does it mean just black ink colour.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Anyone know if the Stat dec forms 888 can be filled out on the computer then printed and signed or do they have to be filled in by pen? The forms are in PDF format which allows electronic filling out but on the front page of the form at the top, it states to "use black pen and write neatly in english using block letters". Would this mean it has to be manually filled out by pen after printing it or does it mean just black ink colour.
Almost all of mine (4 out of the 5) were typed, then printed and signed with ink. I'm not sure that it much matters.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Almost all of mine (4 out of the 5) were typed, then printed and signed with ink. I'm not sure that it much matters.
Ok thanks, I was just wondering if they want genuine form filling by hand by witnesses etc. Would this be the same for all other forms that require filling such as stat dec from each partner and history details etc?
Has anyone else out there had issues filling the forms or writing letters electronically then printing and signing?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Ok thanks, I was just wondering if they want genuine form filling by hand by witnesses etc. Would this be the same for all other forms that require filling such as stat dec from each partner and history details etc?
Has anyone else out there had issues filling the forms or writing letters electronically then printing and signing?
Most of my documents were typed including 888 and 80 and then signed/witnessed with ink where applicable. DIBP just asked me for further information so I'm assuming the stuff they do have is no issue..

3441 - 3460 of 6595 Posts