Australia Forum banner

3461 - 3480 of 6587 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Can't believe you got it after 9 months. Do you know where it was processed?

I'm coming up to the 12 month mark (19th January) and haven't heard a peep out of them. :(

Is it any easier to apply for a new passport once I have my 820? I need a new passport before July because I'm planning to go to New Zealand with my husband and my family. My current passport annoyingly expires just before the trip is going to happen! Debating whether to apply for it now or wait another few weeks and see if I get my 820.

If I apply for a new passport, what do I need to do for immigration?
Today marks 12 months since I submitted my application (paid via BPAY so it was only officially accepted on 19th).

Any advice on the passport thing?

Are they still saying waiting times are 12-15 months?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Today marks 12 months since I submitted my application (paid via BPAY so it was only officially accepted on 19th).

Any advice on the passport thing?

Are they still saying waiting times are 12-15 months?
You can renew your passport and inform DIBP of it. There is a form. Or, wait another a few months. If you've hit the 12 month mark already, you could end up with your visa soon. But, it's DIBP...who really knows? It really depends on how long it takes to renew your passport.

·
Registered
743 Posts
You can renew your passport and inform DIBP of it. There is a form. Or, wait another a few months. If you've hit the 12 month mark already, you could end up with your visa soon. But, it's DIBP...who really knows? It really depends on how long it takes to renew your passport.
Would I still need to inform DIBP when I get a new passport even if my 820 has come through?

I imagine it will take a few weeks for my new passport to come through but not really sure. Just want to make sure I give myself enough time really. And want to avoid applying for a BVB - really hope I get my visa before July! (This week would be nice :D )

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Would I still need to inform DIBP when I get a new passport even if my 820 has come through?

I imagine it will take a few weeks for my new passport to come through but not really sure. Just want to make sure I give myself enough time really. And want to avoid applying for a BVB - really hope I get my visa before July! (This week would be nice :D )
Yes, you will need to inform them. You have to in order to keep your visa updated. Hopefully, you get your visa soon! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all!
It's been a bit more than 10 months since I first submitted my application but I have got nothing from them yet. I had to applied for BVB 3 times to return home due to some family issues (I wasn't in the country for about 10 weeks in total). Just wondering if that will delay the processing time?
Also, since I am closer to the 12-15 months waiting time, should I start gathering my health check and police check or should I wait until I have a CO (didn't do it in the first place because I heard the documents will expire before I even get assigned a CO)

Thank you so much and good luck to everyone who's playing the waiting game :)

Passport: Hong Kong
Applied: Online, Onshore (Adelaide)
Applied: 6 March 2016

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Hi all!
It's been a bit more than 10 months since I first submitted my application but I have got nothing from them yet. I had to applied for BVB 3 times to return home due to some family issues (I wasn't in the country for about 10 weeks in total). Just wondering if that will delay the processing time?
Also, since I am closer to the 12-15 months waiting time, should I start gathering my health check and police check or should I wait until I have a CO (didn't do it in the first place because I heard the documents will expire before I even get assigned a CO)

Thank you so much and good luck to everyone who's playing the waiting game :)

Passport: Hong Kong
Applied: Online, Onshore (Adelaide)
Applied: 6 March 2016
We applied within days of each other. My agent had me do medical and police clearances At the end of November. I was asked for more info about a week ago. Personally I would do them now and hope it doesn't take another 12 months for them to process your visa..

·
Registered
242 Posts
Paper 40SP?

Hi guys, long time lurker here. After almost 15 months, I've finally received an email (aside from confirmation) from immigration which was a request for more information.
There was only one form requested, and while reading the email I assumed it was the 80SP, as I've seen other applicants from low risk countries having to fill it out. However, I was a bit surprised to see it was actually the 40SP sponsorship form! I'm a bit worried now because I distinctly remember my partner filling out the form online, and us commenting on how repetitive it was! In fact, on my immi account under applications, it has my partner's name with a "sponsorship form", and "submitted" next to it! We've been uploading his documents directly to his application submissions page....I thought you weren't allowed to do this unless you filled out the equivalent to the 40SP online??
Sorry, but I'm a bit confused and worried now. Does this mean for the last 15 months we didn't have a 40SP or sponsorship form (online or otherwise) attached? Did we have to fill out the 40SP in addition to filling out the form online all along?

EDIT: To make matters more odd, I just logged into immi, and now my partner's sponsorship application says "approved" (knock on wood)

Reactions: LadyRogueRayne

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Just lodged my application online today. Here's the long wait.
When should I do the police check and health check? Maybe after 6 months? Or do I wait for the case office to tell me to do that?
Welcome! I submitted my 820 visa application in the beginning of October 2016. It is really up to your discretion for medical and police checks. Some people do them right away, others wait about 6 months, while others wait to hear from the CO. I just did my FBI background check and am in the process of doing my ANP check. I needed to do them for my teaching registration anyway, so killed two birds with one stone. I plan to do medicals in the next couple of months. That way, it's all done before they ask.

Best of luck! We're all in limbo now. ;)

Reactions: Jana_max

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome! I submitted my 820 visa application in the beginning of October 2016. It is really up to your discretion for medical and police checks. Some people do them right away, others wait about 6 months, while others wait to hear from the CO. I just did my FBI background check and am in the process of doing my ANP check. I needed to do them for my teaching registration anyway, so killed two birds with one stone. I plan to do medicals in the next couple of months. That way, it's all done before they ask.

Best of luck! We're all in limbo now. ;)
Thank you! That's very helpful. Wish you luck :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
We applied within days of each other. My agent had me do medical and police clearances At the end of November. I was asked for more info about a week ago. Personally I would do them now and hope it doesn't take another 12 months for them to process your visa..
I see, it shouldn't take too long for the AFP police check and medical I reckon. The only thing is in order to obtain my Hong Kong Police check I'll need a referral letter from immi which I'm assuming I'll receive once I have a CO? I'm so confused and really want to get everything sorted out :confused:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello everyone,

I am justing browsing the forum and have a couple of questions regarding the stat dec and Form 40SP.

1. Do we need to write several stat dec for different aspects of our relationship, like financial, household etc, or can we combine these in one stat dec?
2. There are some identical questions on Form 40SP and applicant's form. such as give*details*of*the*financial*aspects*of*the*relationship. Can we just copy and paste the answers or do we need write these answers individually?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have been closing following this forum for pretty much 2 years now and it has provided a lot of useful help so thanks guys!

Yesterday I got my 820 grant email after waiting for 15 months and 6 days. I'm from the UK & lodged in Melbourne online with medical completed and police checks up front.

Received a generic your application has progressed in the queue email in July 2016. I uploaded the form 80 not too long after this and then a new police check in December 2016 as mine (the applicant) had now been older than 12 months.

No official contact from a case officer until their name appeared on the grant notice yesterday!

·
Registered
13 Posts
just a generic question to anyone that might be able to answer, i lodged my partner visa in oct 2016 with everything except the medical attached, within a couple of days of receiving the acknowledgement email i was contacted to go get a medical,does this mean i will receive my visa within 12 months of application or is it possible i will have to go get another medical if still waiting by oct 2017?
thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Congrats! Wish you all the best!
I have been closing following this forum for pretty much 2 years now and it has provided a lot of useful help so thanks guys!

Yesterday I got my 820 grant email after waiting for 15 months and 6 days. I'm from the UK & lodged in Melbourne online with medical completed and police checks up front.

Received a generic your application has progressed in the queue email in July 2016. I uploaded the form 80 not too long after this and then a new police check in December 2016 as mine (the applicant) had now been older than 12 months.

No official contact from a case officer until their name appeared on the grant notice yesterday!

·
Registered
242 Posts
I don't see any reason to get police/medical checks done BEFORE applying or during the first month. Most applications are taking the full 12 months to process, and I haven't seen any processed in less than 9 months lately. I'd say it's best to wait 4 months, lest your application takes 15 months to process as is being estimated.

As you will probably be updating evidence over the course of the 12 month processing period, the whole "its better to get it over and done with" argument is nullified IMO. Usually, you can only schedule a medical exam no more than one week before your appointment. So, it's not like you'll be waiting a long time. Foreign federal police checks take the longest to process.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't see any reason to get police/medical checks done BEFORE applying or during the first month. Most applications are taking the full 12 months to process, and I haven't seen any processed in less than 9 months lately. I'd say it's best to wait 4 months, lest your application takes 15 months to process as is being estimated.

As you will probably be updating evidence over the course of the 12 month processing period, the whole "its better to get it over and done with" argument is nullified IMO. Usually, you can only schedule a medical exam no more than one week before your appointment. So, it's not like you'll be waiting a long time. Foreign federal police checks take the longest to process.
I agree, only just organised my health and police check after 10 months since I lodged my application.
I haven't uploaded anything apart from the initial evidence I uploaded back in March though. What kind of ongoing evidence do you need ? like photos?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I see, it shouldn't take too long for the AFP police check and medical I reckon. The only thing is in order to obtain my Hong Kong Police check I'll need a referral letter from immi which I'm assuming I'll receive once I have a CO? I'm so confused and really want to get everything sorted out :confused:
I can't really help there - if you can't get a check without a letter from Immi then I'd suggest you have to wait for the CO. I'd still probably be inclined to do the medical and federal check in the meantime. 2 less things to worry about further down the line!

3461 - 3480 of 6587 Posts