Australia Forum banner

3521 - 3540 of 6587 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Did Immi ask you to supply the police cert or did you do it prior to that - based on other posts I've seen in this forum, if they asked for it and it expired the case officers have been known to ignore that fact...how correct this is I don't know, but I've seen more the one post in relation to police checks and medicals that were asked for.
I applied in Sept 2015, Supplied overseas police check in January 2016....was requested for my Australian police check and medicals in July or August of 2016....submitted those then....now I am waiting over 15 months...and my overseas police check just went over the one year mark. I sure as heck hope I don't need to do it again...it was time consuming, expensive...AND I have not left Australia since I arrived...so it should be obvious I don't have a police record in Canada...fingers crossed I don't get asked for another one :)

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Fingers crossed!

I think I'd be inclined to wait a month past the expiry date and if they still haven't made a decision apply for another, but for that point I'm in a position where I can't work due to being redundant on a 457 so anything that might slow my application is getting done ASAP lol!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Wow, congrats Sirilejeune & HRose! I am happy for you both!! And still eagerly awaiting my approval....I think I am officially waiting the longest in this group currently...from a low risk country - I just went and checked and while I am able to add more evidence on my account, my sponsor is no longer available...and still says approved too (though the approved bit has been there for awhile now)....I literally JUST clued in that my police check from Canada expired this week :( :( :( I did it thinking 15 months would be the absolute longest I would have to wait and allowed for that...but also I had heard it can take ages for them to come in, and had read that several people had their fingerprints rejected so I wanted to make sure it was ready to go. Now I regret doing it so early. I am torn between ordering a new one (It cost a fair bit of $$, and it did take a fair amount of time too...and finances are tight at the moment), or waiting to see if they will just accept it as a few days past the one year (assuming they get to my app soon!!).

Those of you who have just been approved, did immigration contact your 888 witnesses? Nobody on our application has been contacted as of yet, so I am wondering if I still have a ways to go...or perhaps they don't always contact them?? With tomorrow being a holiday, I am not feeling very optimistic I will get my answer this week. Though it would be fabulous if I did :)
Hi LittleOne, just wondering--did the option to add additional evidence to your partner's sponsorship app JUST now become unavailable? Despite saying "approved", the ability to add to my partner's app stayed open for a while.I only noticed I couldn't add anymore the day before I got my grant letter. So perhaps you don't have to wait any longer? *fingers crossed*
I did notice there was another user on here, from Vietnam I think, who waited 17 months to get their grant letter...so at least you know you're not the only one who waited a long time! I waited 15 months and a week before getting mine, so you're in good company :)

Also, I haven't read about anyone's 888's being contacted at this stage recently, at least not anyone's who applied in the past year or so. I'd say you don't have to wait for anything in that department. Maybe email immigration, and let them know that your federal police check is expiring soon (if you haven't already?)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Good morning everyone!
I had a bit of a surprise this morning when I checked my emails- my 820 partner visa was approved!!! :) I wasn't expecting an answer for like 6 more months!

I applied mid March 2016, was asked in a generic email to supply my remaining medical/police check beginning of Jan 2017 and received my grant notification at 11:30pm on the 31st Jan. No case officer.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Congrats! It certainly seems like they're pushing the 2016 apps along quite quickly. :) Now you get to put your mind at ease for another year...don't forget to collect evidence for the 810 of course!

·
Registered
743 Posts
LittleOne, I feel for you! I applied from a low risk country in January 2016 (so still a few months after you) and I'm yet to hear anything from anyone which is totally stressing me out when I log on here and see approvals who applied waaaay after me. "Processed in order" my arse!

I did my Australian police check in May 2016, UK in about July 2016, Spanish in September 2016 and medical in September 2016 as well.

·
Registered
69 Posts
820 approved yesterday!

I applied in February 2016 onshore (QLD), online and from a low risk country. From the grant letter it looks like my application was processed in QLD. Didn't hear anything from immigration other than an e-mail in December asking me to complete medical and Australian police check, both of which I uploaded early/mid January.

Fingers crossed for those who are still waiting!

Edit: I've been checking immiaccount every day since i uploaded medical and AFP. My application changed from 'received' to 'finalised' yesterday, but my partner's application still hasnt changed from 'submitted'.

·
Registered
743 Posts
820 approved yesterday!

I applied in February 2016 onshore (QLD), online and from a low risk country. From the grant letter it looks like my application was processed in QLD. Didn't hear anything from immigration other than an e-mail in December asking me to complete medical and Australian police check, both of which I uploaded early/mid January.

Fingers crossed for those who are still waiting!

Edit: I've been checking immiaccount every day since i uploaded medical and AFP. My application changed from 'received' to 'finalised' yesterday, but my partner's application still hasnt changed from 'submitted'.
Congrats! I applied in Melbourne so maybe processing times are a bit longer here. :(

·
Registered
69 Posts
Congrats! I applied in Melbourne so maybe processing times are a bit longer here. :(
Thanks! I might be wrong, but from what I've read on this forum, it unfortunately does seem that some states takes longer to process than others... At least when you do get yours approved Arabella, you wont have to wait as long for 801 ;)

·
Registered
743 Posts
Thanks! I might be wrong, but from what I've read on this forum, it unfortunately does seem that some states takes longer to process than others... At least when you do get yours approved Arabella, you wont have to wait as long for 801 ;)
At this rate I'll be getting my 801 at the same time!

Yeah I've read that some states take longer than others but then I've also read that they're sending some applications to other states for processing now so not sure what's true.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Big congrats!
Now you can prepare for your 801 application. Haha

Hi guys, just thought I'd come on and make MY announcement...after 15 months my 820 has just been granted! I'm over the moon, and very relieved :) I must say, compared to some other users on here...my evidence wasn't the best. My best advice to give at this point is: DON'T STRESS. I know it's easier said than done, but in the weeks leading up to my application submission I was a wreck. I made myself very sick, and I wouldn't want that to happen to anyone else on here. Moreover, while I suggest to wait 3-4 months before submitting medicals/police checks, I wouldn't wait until last minute like I did.

Timeline

Applied for 820: 17 October 2015
Automated Request for More Info: 26 July 2016
AU Police Check Submitted: 2 August 2016
Medical Completed: 13 September 2016
US State Police Check Submitted: 7 October 2016
FBI Check Submitted: 30 October 2016
Personal Request for Additional Info: 16 January 2017
820 Granted: 25 January 2017

Good luck, guys! Silly question, but is there any thing I need to submit for 801 for the near future? There wasn't anything in my grant letter about it aside from saying immi will contact me again around the 2 year period.

Forgot to mention, I applied from Melbourne online.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Is anyone else being told the system is currently unavailable when they click on their application on the immi site?

I just logged in and saw the word "finalised" and my heart skipped a beat. Then I realised it was my WHV from two years ago. :(

·
Registered
242 Posts
I applied in Melbourne as well, and my visa was processed in a little over 15 months. From what I've read from a recent report on partner visas, Sydney receives the bulk of applications at around 40%, and Melbourne comes in at a close second at around 35%. This of course means both cities have A LOT of applications to sift through in comparison to other states; combined the other states make up only 30% of applications! Like you mentioned in a later post, sometimes other states process applications that weren't lodged in their state. I'm not sure how this works though...perhaps they go through their own applications first, then take on another state's caseload?

Also to Jana-Max, thanks for the congrats!

·
Registered
257 Posts
My understanding is that there are only 4 processing centres, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane (which deals with the ACT, Tasmania, and Queensland), and the Perth Office (which deals with SA, NT, and WA).

·
Registered
98 Posts
ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! Still waiting :( :( :( Congrats to all the newly approved applicants...I can't believe I am STILL waiting! This is becoming ridiculous. I keep coming up with reasons as to why....I have kids...they migrated with me...and their father did not (I have sole custody/guardianship BUT I included our court orders as well as also included the appropriate stat dec/form signed by my ex allowing us to migrate...even though I didn't need to do this because he has no rights to them)....maybe this slows it down? I also applied in Victoria, so maybe this is slowing it down....I have no idea! But it's very frustrating...I expected an approval around month 12, so I have been in eager anticipation for four months now!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Congrats to all who have gotten their grants! I'm a long way off, as it's only been 4 months since we applied. But we have everything uploaded except for medicals, my ANP check and my son's state check from the US (waiting on the police checks now). I figured that we'll do medicals in March or April. Here's hoping the rest of you who have been waiting so long will get your grants soon! Our app is in Victoria, so I expect it to take a long time. In the meantime, I just try not to think about it and am focusing on work and life in general.

Question: I had my ANP check done through the Dept of Education. Do I need to do a separate one for the visa, or can I use that one?

Reactions: HRose313

·
Registered
73 Posts
ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! Still waiting :( :( :( Congrats to all the newly approved applicants...I can't believe I am STILL waiting! This is becoming ridiculous. I keep coming up with reasons as to why....I have kids...they migrated with me...and their father did not (I have sole custody/guardianship BUT I included our court orders as well as also included the appropriate stat dec/form signed by my ex allowing us to migrate...even though I didn't need to do this because he has no rights to them)....maybe this slows it down? I also applied in Victoria, so maybe this is slowing it down....I have no idea! But it's very frustrating...I expected an approval around month 12, so I have been in eager anticipation for four months now!
I am hearing you LittleOne! it's been 14 months for me now and no contact from immi at all. It is very frustrating and annoying when you call to ask about your application and they tell you that you can call after the 15months mark... But let's hope we get our grants soon!

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Question: I had my ANP check done through the Dept of Education. Do I need to do a separate one for the visa, or can I use that one?
Most likely it was done by the state not by federal so you will need a new one if that is the case. You will need to see who it was issued by ie. Police department of QLD.

·
Registered
242 Posts
There really is no reason, aside from Melbourne offices have a large case load. I only immigrated with myself, and still had to wait a little over 15 months. I wouldn't worry about your situation, a lot of us waited/are waiting a long time regardless whether we have kids or not :). Most of the people receiving "early" applications, did not lodge their applications in Sydney or Melbourne. I would just sit back and wait, I know it's annoying to hear, but there really isn't much you can do at this point. There are people on here from high risk countries that lodged apps in Melbourne or Sydney who waited even LONGER than 15 months...so while a 12+ month wait is frustrating, it could be worse.

Reactions: Tashpotato
3521 - 3540 of 6587 Posts