Australia Forum banner

3541 - 3560 of 6629 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi all!!! joining this room :) we will lodge our 820 online in a couple of days. I've spent 3 days reading back this thread from page 1. i have few questions,i hope somebody can help me.

I am from Philippines in a tourist visa (no 8503) will expire soon. My hubby is an Oz citizen. We just got married recently, been 3 yrs in de facto but 2 yrs of it was in temporary separation. we will apply in Married gound.
1. With regards to 47sp, what should I put in " your (my) current residential address"?
2. 40sp part C 20. " your partners(thats me) residential address"
3. hubby worked offshore over 30 yrs, does he need to get police check in each country that he worked in? not a land base. he doesnt have children under 16 or 18 yrs old.

Thanks in advance.Cheers!!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
i think i know the answer and i have read it before, that since i am a tourist i dont have residential address here in Oz,something like that. but my hubby insisting that i am currently in Oz and we are living together.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
i think i know the answer and i have read it before, that since i am a tourist i dont have residential address here in Oz,something like that. but my hubby insisting that i am currently in Oz and we are living together.:rolleyes:
If you are living together right now in Australia, that is your residential address. If you plan to stay there, that is your permanent address. I put my address here in Australia for all of it.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Most likely it was done by the state not by federal so you will need a new one if that is the case. You will need to see who it was issued by ie. Police department of QLD.
Thanks for that. It was the ANP check, but through the Department of Ed here in WA. I received the clearance email today, but will look at the paper clearance once I receive it in the post. I'm hoping it will be ok, as I've paid for it twice to do it for my teaching registration/contract. Will stink if I have to do a third one!

·
Registered
110 Posts
If you are living together right now in Australia, that is your residential address. If you plan to stay there, that is your permanent address. I put my address here in Australia for all of it.
Thank you very much!!!

Reactions: LadyRogueRayne

·
Registered
40 Posts
So, some good news this morning for me! I'm sitting here at my desk in work shaking after logging into my Immi account and seeing the words "finalised". My 820 has been approved!

I honestly could not be happier and I want to thank everyone on this forum for their wonderful and supportive advice and insight, you have all made this process a lot easier for me.

Here is my timeline:

Applied: 28th June 2016 (Online - Sydney)
Request for Medicals: 18th Jan 2017
Medicals Submitted: 30th Jan 2017
Approval: 2nd February 2017

Partner and I are suitably excited and will be having more than a few drinks tonight to celebrate!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wow, congrats! That was super fast! Did you not receive an email letting you know this?
My partner did, I nominated him as the authorised recipient so he got all correspondence (looking back on it all, I'm not sure why I did that....he checks his emails far less frequently than I check mine!)

I've been logging in religiously to my immi account since I did my medicals on Monday, so I saw that it was finalised before he checked his emails! The grant letter says that the approval date was yesterday 02/02/17, but the email and the approval on the account are dated as the 3rd.

Either way I'm absolutely delighted! I'm from a low risk country, so thought I may see a result before 12 months had passed, but I never imagined it would be this quick - just over 7 months!

·
Registered
21 Posts
So happy for you! Every time I see someone's application is approved, I feel more hopeful. Haha
Good luck on your 801!

So, some good news this morning for me! I'm sitting here at my desk in work shaking after logging into my Immi account and seeing the words "finalised". My 820 has been approved!

I honestly could not be happier and I want to thank everyone on this forum for their wonderful and supportive advice and insight, you have all made this process a lot easier for me.

Here is my timeline:

Partner and I are suitably excited and will be having more than a few drinks tonight to celebrate!

·
Registered
40 Posts
So jealous! I am also from a low risk country, had heaps of evidence, etc, etc - and have been waiting 16 months now. So frustrating!
It really seems to be a game of chance with these processing times....or maybe it's the luck of the Irish?! Haha

Hopefully you're not waiting much longer, you're nearing the end of the 15 months so maybe you'll get some good news in time for Valentines day?! (Just saw its 16 months you're waiting.....it better be soon then!)

I applied from Sydney - which is unusual because I've heard Sydney applications are taking the longest. It's funny though because both the letter with the request for my medicals and the grant letter are signed off from the "Australian High Commission, London
OFFICE:Australia House Strand London WC2B 4LA" which I thought was unusual

·
Registered
242 Posts
I knew your grant would come soon Imc94! Congrats to both you and your partner. All the best luck for your 801 :)

Reactions: lmc94

·
Registered
79 Posts

Here is my timeline:

Wow congratulations!!

We applied exactly the same day as you, but from a high risk country so I imagine we will still be waiting a while. Haven't heard a word from immi yet.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I knew your grant would come soon Imc94! Congrats to both you and your partner. All the best luck for your 801 :)
Thanks HRose !! I tried not to get my hopes up too much that I'd hear back anytime soon, so it really surprised me seeing that this morning!

Now to wait for the 801....:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi everyone, hope you all are doing well.
Please help me.
So I applied for 820 visa online on 22 July 2016 and got granted a bridging visa A( been waiting 7 months )
I'm wondering if I should apply for police clearance and medical check or should I wait till requested by case officer?
Thanks so much.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Hi everyone, hope you all are doing well.
Please help me.
So I applied for 820 visa online on 22 July 2016 and got granted a bridging visa A( been waiting 7 months )
I'm wondering if I should apply for police clearance and medical check or should I wait till requested by case officer?
Thanks so much.
I personally would do medical and police clearance now.

They are valid for 12 months, it's likely that you will have an answer by 19 months, in the event that you don't have an answer by then you would need to do the medical and police checks again.

It depends on your circumstances, by applying now you potentially speed up the visa grant by a short amount of time, you gamble the cost of having to do the medical and police clearances again if the visas not granted within 12 months.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Thanks HRose !! I tried not to get my hopes up too much that I'd hear back anytime soon, so it really surprised me seeing that this morning!

Now to wait for the 801....:)
So happy for you! And in 7 months!! Loving all these grants! If it's the luck of the Irish, then count me in (my grandparents came from Ireland)! Hopefully it rubs off on the rest of us. ;) Awesome news! Congrats!

Reactions: HRose313 and lmc94

·
Registered
9 Posts
I personally would do medical and police clearance now.

They are valid for 12 months, it's likely that you will have an answer by 19 months, in the event that you don't have an answer by then you would need to do the medical and police checks again.

It depends on your circumstances, by applying now you potentially speed up the visa grant by a short amount of time, you gamble the cost of having to do the medical and police clearances again if the visas not granted within 12 months.
Thank you. :)
I'm also not sure about applying for AFP with finger prints or just normal one?

3541 - 3560 of 6629 Posts