Australia Forum banner

3581 - 3600 of 6576 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
The big question is who is it issued by? Is it issued by Western Australia Police Service or Australian Federal Police?

It needs to be issued by the Australian Federal Police and it will say on it that has checked all states and territories where the Western Australia one will say for the Western Australia police service.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
The big question is who is it issued by? Is it issued by Western Australia Police Service or Australian Federal Police?

It needs to be issued by the Australian Federal Police and it will say on it that has checked all states and territories where the Western Australia one will say for the Western Australia police service.
Hi Mish. Thanks for answering. It states at the top, National Police History Check. Then, it states, "Thank you for recently providing your consent for the Department of Education to undertake a National Police History Check pertaining to your background. Your information has been processed through the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission and I am pleased to advise that you have been cleared." Then, it gives a Screening clearance number.

It wasn't just a WA check. It was a National check. So, I'm not sure if it is different than the AFP check or not. That's what I'm trying to figure out. If I need to do a separate check, I'll do so and want to do it in the next few weeks so that it is completed. I also completed my Working With Children Check...which is basically the same thing and received that clearance, as well. I included it just for posterity's sake. So, do you think this NPC will suffice?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Hi Mish. Thanks for answering. It states at the top, National Police History Check. Then, it states, "Thank you for recently providing your consent for the Department of Education to undertake a National Police History Check pertaining to your background. Your information has been processed through the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission and I am pleased to advise that you have been cleared." Then, it gives a Screening clearance number.

It wasn't just a WA check. It was a National check. So, I'm not sure if it is different than the AFP check or not. That's what I'm trying to figure out. If I need to do a separate check, I'll do so and want to do it in the next few weeks so that it is completed. I also completed my Working With Children Check...which is basically the same thing and received that clearance, as well. I included it just for posterity's sake. So, do you think this NPC will suffice?
The police cert is about $40 and doesn't take long to get (assuming you've no priors). If you aren't fussed about getting a further info request and applying for it in the future then you could wait and see if that one suffices.

If a small wait would be too painful then you could apply now as it's only a small additional cost.

To me (whose BVA isn't in effect) any delay must be avoided at all costs lol.

For reference - My police check cert looks like this one - https://goo.gl/images/tP8ve8

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi all, I have a couple of questions on my 820/801 visa application. I applied over a year ago and have had contact with the team and asked for further info which I have provided. However they have now asked for a birth cert/passport details (to then have a medical check) of my child from a previous marriage even though they are not migrating with me. Is this normal? Unfortunately I have no contact with my ex and the child (unfortunate, but circumstances dictate that) and they are not dependant on me in any way. Can I forgo this requirement in this case?

As they are not dependant, I see no reason why they would need this? It could cause real problems if they do.

And secondly, I have just read that there is now a 18 month wait for 801 when eligible, is this true? It was around 3-6 months when I applied?!

If this is the case, once I have my 820 am I allowed to live abroad and return to oz as often as I like during this time? I read that you do not have to be resident in the country for when the 801 is granted? Unfortunately due to work I may need to be abroad for a while.

Thanks for your help!!!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Hi all, I have a couple of questions on my 820/801 visa application. I applied over a year ago and have had contact with the team and asked for further info which I have provided. However they have now asked for a birth cert/passport details (to then have a medical check) of my child from a previous marriage even though they are not migrating with me. Is this normal? Unfortunately I have no contact with my ex and the child (unfortunate, but circumstances dictate that) and they are not dependant on me in any way. Can I forgo this requirement in this case?

As they are not dependant, I see no reason why they would need this? It could cause real problems if they do.

And secondly, I have just read that there is now a 18 month wait for 801 when eligible, is this true? It was around 3-6 months when I applied?!

If this is the case, once I have my 820 am I allowed to live abroad and return to oz as often as I like during this time? I read that you do not have to be resident in the country for when the 801 is granted? Unfortunately due to work I may need to be abroad for a while.

Thanks for your help!!!
The questions about the child -

Is it normal? Yes.
Can it be avoided? Yes - My circumstances are very similar, I wrote a stat dec informing immigration of the circumstances. (My migration agent did the legwork - may be an idea for you to get in contact with one as well) - I have no idea of the complexities and know there were multiple emails and phone calls in relation to this - I just signed the statement.

The question about the wait - is it true - yes, unfortunately it appears so at present.

The question about the 820 - It does allow you to leave and enter the country at will. Just remember the amount of time you spend out of the country could affect a citizenship application in the future.

The question about the 801 - yes it can be granted whilst offshore.

For the avoidance of all doubt this being the 820 thread - You MUST be onshore for the grant of your 820 visa.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The questions about the child -

Is it normal? Yes.
Can it be avoided? Yes - My circumstances are very similar, I wrote a stat dec informing immigration of the circumstances. (My migration agent did the legwork - may be an idea for you to get in contact with one as well) - I have no idea of the complexities and know there were multiple emails and phone calls in relation to this - I just signed the statement.

The question about the wait - is it true - yes, unfortunately it appears so at present.

The question about the 820 - It does allow you to leave and enter the country at will. Just remember the amount of time you spend out of the country could affect a citizenship application in the future.

The question about the 801 - yes it can be granted whilst offshore.

For the avoidance of all doubt this being the 820 thread - You MUST be onshore for the grant of your 820 visa.
Hi Mania!

Thanks so much, you have put my mind at ease on both matters :)

I don't have a migration agent, I have just emailed the DIPB back saying the child is not dependent on me in any way and to remove them from the application. Will wait to get a reply from them. Hopefully they will understand. Do you think a migration agent would be required?

Also thanks for letting me know about being offshore for the 801, so essentially once the 820 is granted, I can go and get a job back in UK and then provide evidence for the 801 when required (we will be married by then) and wait it out off shore if required. (Hopefully won't need to be the full amount!)

Understand that I need to be onshore for the 820 grant.

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
In relation to the requirements for the migration agent I honestly couldn't say - I know my life was made much easier but for that point my application was very complex. Now that you've E-Mailed them hopefully they will com back understanding, if not then I do suggest you speak with a migration agent about what can be done.

Correct, once the 820 is granted you are able to leave. Another thing to keep in mind is that you will more hen likely be asked to prove that your relationship is genuine and ongoing at a later date for the 801. Although getting married will help in this regard if you and your partner are living apart questions may be asked.

·
Registered
27 Posts
In relation to the requirements for the migration agent I honestly couldn't say - I know my life was made much easier but for that point my application was very complex. Now that you've E-Mailed them hopefully they will com back understanding, if not then I do suggest you speak with a migration agent about what can be done.

Correct, once the 820 is granted you are able to leave. Another thing to keep in mind is that you will probably be expected to prove that your relationship is genuine and ongoing. Although getting married will help in this regard if you and your partner are living apart questions may be asked.
Thanks! Thats all good, we wouldnt be living apart, we would probably both head back to UK for a bit.

Thanks again :)

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Thanks! Thats all good, we wouldnt be living apart, we would probably both head back to UK for a bit.

Thanks again :)
Can't say I envy you ;) - Parts of Australia are too cold for me now let alone Yorkshire..

Good luck!

(Just an additional note below ref citizenship - I know you didn't ask but it explains my comment above).

"You must meet all of the following:

have lived in Australia on a valid Australian visa for four years immediately before applying

must have been a permanent resident for the 12 months immediately before making an application and not have been absent from Australia for more than one year in total, during the four year period, including no more than 90 days in the 12 months before applying."

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts

I would just spend the $42 and get the AFP, otherwise you can wait and see if they accept it or not. The issue is you may need to get another one if it expires anyway.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts

Thanks for your help!!!
My understanding is that regardless of if the child is dependent on you or not they are still classed as a dependent for immigration purposes if under 16 (or could be 18, I can't remember). They are for medicals because then they could migrate at a later stage. I am unsure if you can just remove them. You may need to speak with a migration agent about that.

My husband's eligibility date was in May 2016 and when we got the email about it, it was 6 to 8 months, just recently it was put up to 12 to 18 months.

Will your partner live overseas with you? If not you will need to demonstrate an ongoing relationship and if living apart for a considerable amount of time you may require additional evidence.

If living overseas I have seen DIBP ask about the intention to move to Australia permanently before they grant the 801.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Guess who got their 820???!! .....me!!! I emailed and asked why it was taking so long...16 months waiting....and I promptly got a reply that they would look into it - then a couple days later -- approval came in........ came at a bad time though, very stressful day with a lot going on so couldn't really even celebrate it, as I had always imagined we would lol - but still, huge relief that this bit is done....on to the 801..........and another waiting game soon!

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Guess who got their 820???!! .....me!!! I emailed and asked why it was taking so long...16 months waiting....and I promptly got a reply that they would look into it - then a couple days later -- approval came in........ came at a bad time though, very stressful day with a lot going on so couldn't really even celebrate it, as I had always imagined we would lol - but still, huge relief that this bit is done....on to the 801..........and another waiting game soon!
Congrats!!! The 801 is another huge waiting game.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Wow congrats! I continued to visit this forum everyday to see if you got it. I'm glad e-mailing immigration finally paid off as well. Sorry to hear that you were having a stressful day when you got your grant, hopefully it made your day a little better. Maybe you and your family can celebrate another time? :)

Reactions: LittleOne

·
Registered
110 Posts
Congratulations LittleOne!!!!! Happy days :)

Reactions: LittleOne

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congrats!!! The 801 is another huge waiting game.
Hi Guys,

I have been a silent follower of this forum since the time i have lodged my application on 4/01/2016. It just boosts my confidence every time i see a grant. Congratulations to you.
13 months of waiting for me and no sort of contact or any movement since the time I have lodged. :(
I tried to call immi on the generic number the other day and after 50 minutes of waiting, she did not even ask my passport number . Gave a very generic answer that it will be looked into when the time comes ...phew!

Wondering what is the DIBP email ID that you can mail for a status inquiry?

Cheers,
Jit.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Hi Guys,

I have been a silent follower of this forum since the time i have lodged my application on 4/01/2016. It just boosts my confidence every time i see a grant. Congratulations to you.
13 months of waiting for me and no sort of contact or any movement since the time I have lodged. :(
I tried to call immi on the generic number the other day and after 50 minutes of waiting, she did not even ask my passport number . Gave a very generic answer that it will be looked into when the time comes ...phew!

Wondering what is the DIBP email ID that you can mail for a status inquiry?

Cheers,
Jit.
From what I know of you phone they generally do not look at the file as it is still within processing times.

The email address depends where you live for example NSW has a different email address to QLD.

·
Registered
4 Posts
From what I know of you phone they generally do not look at the file as it is still within processing times.

The email address depends where you live for example NSW has a different email address to QLD.
Thanks for the reply Mish.
I live in Darwin and i called them directly. They said that the NT immigration office does not have the authority / privileges to look the processing of applications. They can only tell if the Visa is valid and such..

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Thanks for the reply Mish.
I live in Darwin and i called them directly. They said that the NT immigration office does not have the authority / privileges to look the processing of applications. They can only tell if the Visa is valid and such..
I believe they get processed in QLD so you can try QLD.

[email protected]

3581 - 3600 of 6576 Posts