Australia Forum banner

3601 - 3620 of 6587 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
My understanding is that regardless of if the child is dependent on you or not they are still classed as a dependent for immigration purposes if under 16 (or could be 18, I can't remember). They are for medicals because then they could migrate at a later stage. I am unsure if you can just remove them. You may need to speak with a migration agent about that.
Correct, they are still dependant and can't be removed (3 previous applications I said no dependant children - you can imagine the questions I had to answer when all of a sudden I had acquired a 5 year old in this application). They just put the medicals on indefinite hold, that's how my agent described it to me.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Guess who got their 820???!! .....me!!! I emailed and asked why it was taking so long...16 months waiting....and I promptly got a reply that they would look into it - then a couple days later -- approval came in........ came at a bad time though, very stressful day with a lot going on so couldn't really even celebrate it, as I had always imagined we would lol - but still, huge relief that this bit is done....on to the 801..........and another waiting game soon!
Great news Little One! Time to celebrate now!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
The police cert is about $40 and doesn't take long to get (assuming you've no priors). If you aren't fussed about getting a further info request and applying for it in the future then you could wait and see if that one suffices.

If a small wait would be too painful then you could apply now as it's only a small additional cost.

To me (whose BVA isn't in effect) any delay must be avoided at all costs lol.

For reference - My police check cert looks like this one - https://goo.gl/images/tP8ve8
Thank you for sharing that! Mine actually looks fairly close to that. The difference is that my National Police Check was completed through the Dept of Education. I filled out the same ANP check form that you're supposed to for the Federal one. The difference is that the Dept of Ed forwarded it on to be processed, and they received a copy of the clearance. I paid the $46 for it (or $40 something) and completed the previous addresses, name change, etc.It was the exact same form that you get if you pick one up or do it online (I did a paper one and an online one). And it was cleared through the Criminal Intelligence commission. I've actually paid for the ANP twice now (once with my teaching registration and again for the Dept of Ed). So, I think I'll leave it like that for now and if it's not accepted, I'll do another one. They are pretty fast...I received the email that I was cleared in just 48 hours. So, I'm really not too stressed about it.

Thanks for all the replies, particularly Mania and Mish! I'll definitely let folks know if they accept it and don't ask for a separate one. :)

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Got an email from immigration 2 days ago asking for only the form 80 its been 11 months since we put in our application
is this a good or bad sign?
south korea is a low risk country i believe
Good sign - it means they are looking at your case.

South Korea is low risk :).

·
Registered
242 Posts
Got an email from immigration 2 days ago asking for only the form 80 its been 11 months since we put in our application
is this a good or bad sign?
south korea is a low risk country i believe
Good sign! I got an email asking for a form a week before immigration granted my application. Not to get your hopes up of course, but this means that immigration is at least looking at your case. Log into immi, if you haven't all ready, and check to see if you or your partner's application status has changed. Right after I received an email asking for more info, my partner's sponsorship app was listed as approved :)

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Good sign! I got an email asking for a form a week before immigration granted my application. Not to get your hopes up of course, but this means that immigration is at least looking at your case. Log into immi, if you haven't all ready, and check to see if you or your partner's application status has changed. Right after I received an email asking for more info, my partner's sponsorship app
was listed as approved :)
Wish it was always just a week lol! I submitted my additional info 2 weeks ago and have since developed this nervous tic that makes me log onto vevo every 5 minutes!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Good sign! I got an email asking for a form a week before immigration granted my application. Not to get your hopes up of course, but this means that immigration is at least looking at your case. Log into immi, if you haven't all ready, and check to see if you or your partner's application status has changed. Right after I received an email asking for more info, my partner's sponsorship app was listed as approved :)
yes my partners sponsorship application is approved as well!
i guess i'll get this form 80 in asap
do you know if we can provide an excel sheet for question 17 as theres not enough space on the form itself

·
Registered
242 Posts
Wish it was always just a week lol! I submitted my additional info 2 weeks ago and have since developed this nervous tic that makes me log onto vevo every 5 minutes!
I feel like you've probably answered this several times already...but how many months have you been waiting? Does your partner's sponsorship application say "approved" as well?

I've seen some people get their grant letter the day AFTER submitting requested info ha ha!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I feel like you've probably answered this several times already...but how many months have you been waiting? Does your partner's sponsorship application say "approved" as well?

I've seen some people get their grant letter the day AFTER submitting requested info ha ha!
I submitted with a migration agent so can't see (or haven't set up to see) what's going on.

I'm not even at the year mark yet, March 2016 application, medicals and police cert Sep 2016, more info requested Jan 2017, provided Jan 2017 - so now just waiting - hence my nervous tic that could go on for months yet :)

Current visa - 457 and made redundant in July - bridging visa won't be in effect for a couple of years (so probably never).

I actually don't think I ever put a timeline on here so this is the first time :D

·
Registered
743 Posts
Guess who got their 820???!! .....me!!! I emailed and asked why it was taking so long...16 months waiting....and I promptly got a reply that they would look into it - then a couple days later -- approval came in........ came at a bad time though, very stressful day with a lot going on so couldn't really even celebrate it, as I had always imagined we would lol - but still, huge relief that this bit is done....on to the 801..........and another waiting game soon!
Congratulations!! :D Very happy for you after last week's conversation!

Where did you send your email to? I might email if I don't hear in the next couple of weeks. It's been 13 months nearly.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hello guys,

I have applied in March 2016, since then I have not heard anything. I have submitted almost everything, but medical check. Pretty much I will do medical checks withing a couple of months.

I will wait a couple of months ( hit 12 months waiting) and if I won't hear anything, I will try to contact the Department. Does anyone know contact number or email for De Facto visa? I just getting harder to wait. :(

Application Date: 12.3.2016
Police Checks Submitted: 30.01.2017
Medicals Submitted: Sometime soon :)

Reactions: HRose313

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi,

I've also applied for the 820 visa, in a couple of days it will be 13 months since I applied. My status is still 'received' and I have had no contact from the department since my application. I'm getting impatient now, especially after reading that some people got it before the 12 month mark, and people have had contact with the Dept (requests for more information). Is there a specific email address where I can ask for an update? I have applied online from Adelaide, I don't know if that matters?

Living together in Australia since: 06/01/2013
Application date: 16/01/2016
Police check: 01/02/2016
Medical: 26/05/2016

Reactions: Rimmel and HRose313

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi,

I've also applied for the 820 visa, in a couple of days it will be 13 months since I applied. My status is still 'received' and I have had no contact from the department since my application. I'm getting impatient now, especially after reading that some people got it before the 12 month mark, and people have had contact with the Dept (requests for more information). Is there a specific email address where I can ask for an update? I have applied online from Adelaide, I don't know if that matters?

Living together in Australia since: 06/01/2013
Application date: 16/01/2016
Police check: 01/02/2016
Medical: 26/05/2016
According to the border.gov werbsite I can email them if I've been waiting 13 months. It says "We are unable to provide progress reports for applications lodged less than 13 months ago. If your application was lodged more than 13 months ago, the preferred mechanism for seeking an update on the status of that application is to email the relevant processing team as advised in the letter acknowledging your application."... however, in the letter where they acknowledge my application, they do not give me an email address so I don't know where to send my query too :(. Can anyone help me?

Reactions: Rimmel and HRose313

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
According to the border.gov werbsite I can email them if I've been waiting 13 months. It says "We are unable to provide progress reports for applications lodged less than 13 months ago. If your application was lodged more than 13 months ago, the preferred mechanism for seeking an update on the status of that application is to email the relevant processing team as advised in the letter acknowledging your application."... however, in the letter where they acknowledge my application, they do not give me an email address so I don't know where to send my query too :(. Can anyone help gme?
I believe it will be processed in WA.
[email protected]

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hello guys,

I have applied in March 2016, since then I have not heard anything. I have submitted almost everything, but medical check. Pretty much I will do medical checks withing a couple of months.

I will wait a couple of months ( hit 12 months waiting) and if I won't hear anything, I will try to contact the Department. Does anyone know contact number or email for De Facto visa? I just getting harder to wait. :(

Application Date: 12.3.2016
Police Checks Submitted: 30.01.2017
Medicals Submitted: Sometime soon :)
If I were you, I'd get the medical done soon. It won't expire for another 12 months, and I doubt you'll be waiting that long for your visa to be processed. It's better to do it now, than be caught out without it later on...you'll only have 28 days to submit it after it's requested by the department.

I know it's hard to wait, but a lot of us have waited 12+ months for ours. If you get your medicals done, then you can focus on making the appointment, which may distract you from waiting :)

Reactions: Rimmel

·
Registered
111 Posts
Reactions: Rimmel and Mish

·
Registered
154 Posts
If I were you, I'd get the medical done soon. It won't expire for another 12 months, and I doubt you'll be waiting that long for your visa to be processed. It's better to do it now, than be caught out without it later on...you'll only have 28 days to submit it after it's requested by the department.

I know it's hard to wait, but a lot of us have waited 12+ months for ours. If you get your medicals done, then you can focus on making the appointment, which may distract you from waiting :)
Thank you very much HRose,
I will definitely do it sometime soon! very soon!

I am happy for others when they got their visa, but then, I started thinking "what about me?" :D Well, I have to wait like rest of us.

Thanks again ;) and hope we will hear from the department very soon!

Reactions: SharKs and HRose313

·
Registered
111 Posts
I believe it will be processed in WA.
[email protected]
Hi Mish,
My application confirmation letter was signed by the office in Belconnen, ACT. It didn't provide me with an email address though... do you still think it's worth it emailing the WA office?

Also, does anyone know about getting the 801 straight away (without having the 820 first)? I read that if people have been living together for over three years they can skip the temporary stage and go straight to the 801 permanent visa. We were living together a little over three years when we applied, and I really hope I don't have go to through this again once it gets approved....

3601 - 3620 of 6587 Posts