Australia Forum banner

3621 - 3640 of 6587 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi all, I rang immigration last week, as I submitted in Aug 2015. And here is the answer:

No case officer, you will not get allocate one until they are ready to finalise your application. Different departments within the state department process different parts of the application, once everything is done, then they will hand over to the "case officer". They do do a early check to return invalid application (hopefully for people that waiting for a while means our application is valid, just a matter of time).

They also advise me to email the Victoria team to request an update, as it is outside the processing standard time (was 12-15month).

I have sent an email, will come back and update once I receive any information.

P.s. we have to redo our police check (Australia & overseas), as we have uploaded upfront.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all, I rang immigration last week, as I submitted in Aug 2015. And here is the answer:

No case officer, you will not get allocate one until they are ready to finalise your application. Different departments within the state department process different parts of the application, once everything is done, then they will hand over to the "case officer". They do do a early check to return invalid application (hopefully for people that waiting for a while means our application is valid, just a matter of time).

They also advise me to email the Victoria team to request an update, as it is outside the processing standard time (was 12-15month).

I have sent an email, will come back and update once I receive any information.

P.s. we have to redo our police check (Australia & overseas), as we have uploaded upfront.
Hi Cherrygn.
Mine was the same. My husband and I have to redo the the police check after we past the 12 month mark but i did not have to do my overseas one as i am now living here for 13 months since the application I was ask to get an AFP check as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Guess who got their 820???!! .....me!!! I emailed and asked why it was taking so long...16 months waiting....and I promptly got a reply that they would look into it - then a couple days later -- approval came in........ came at a bad time though, very stressful day with a lot going on so couldn't really even celebrate it, as I had always imagined we would lol - but still, huge relief that this bit is done....on to the 801..........and another waiting game soon!
That is great news Little One. Keeping the hopes high for us who are still in the waiting game. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
The waiting game for 820 is still on. It's a stressful process and can be frustrating. Whenever I visit this site it makes me happy that some applicant's have their visas granted as it gives us who are still waiting some HOPE. Our time will certainly come. At the moment I tried to divert myself from the waiting process and just concentrate on looking for a job and learn how to drive a car. Goodluck to all of us! :)

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
SharKS, pretty sure that you should automatically get the 801 if you provided proof that you've been living together for over 3 years. If they don't automatically give it to you, I'd ask about it.

Reactions: HRose313 and SharKs

·
Registered
35 Posts
The waiting game for 820 is still on. It's a stressful process and can be frustrating. Whenever I visit this site it makes me happy that some applicant's have their visas granted as it gives us who are still waiting some HOPE. Our time will certainly come. At the moment I tried to divert myself from the waiting process and just concentrate on looking for a job and learn how to drive a car. Goodluck to all of us! :)
Hopefully all of us will receive the grant notification when the time comes! Keep it up people!

Reactions: HRose313

·
Registered
111 Posts
SharKS, pretty sure that you should automatically get the 801 if you provided proof that you've been living together for over 3 years. If they don't automatically give it to you, I'd ask about it.
Thank you so much for your reply. I find the wait so stressful, so it would be amazing if I could skip the temporary stage. We have letters to the same address since the start of 2013 and we also opened a joint bank account as soon as I moved here (sooo lucky we did that back then, we had no idea we would need it as evidence one day!), and evidence of dating since 2011, so I hope they count this as enough evidence. Fingers crossed.... I'm going to try to forget about it until I hear something, but that's so hard!

Reactions: HRose313

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi There,

I am a longtime reader of this thread and it has gotten me through a ton of hard times and questions!

I applied for my 820/801 Visa Onshore on May 10th 2016. I am currently waiting for my 820 approval and have heard nothing of course. Today I got a request for a form 80 to be filled out. I'm a little nervous because I believe I filled out a form 80 with my application and wonder if they will cross reference my answers? I've lived in a few different places over the past 10 years and am worried I will make a mistake?
Any idea how strict they are about these things? (I'm talking being off by potentially a month or so when it comes to moving addresses)
Also does this mean that they are assessing my application and could potentially have an answer?
Fingers crossed!

Thank you so much :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello everybody! I just want to share with all you guys our great news: Our Temporary Partner Visa - 820 - was granted today!!!!

We applied online on Dec 1st 2015. Since then, we have been uploading documents, statements, photos and evidence of our relationship. I did the medicals before applying and I got the Police Check after applying (around September 2016).

We never received any communication from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection. We never were notified with a Case Officer assesment or never been requested for more info.

The last thing we did in our appication, was last week, when we uploaded a file with facebook pictures from the last year (to cover the period since we applied - December 2015 - until now - January 2017). I was thinking of writting a new joint statement with some relevant information for this year, but it wasnt necessary. We received the grant notification letter today!!!!!

One more thing: when we applied, we didnt have 12 consecutive months of living together. We only had 10. However, as we decided to start our De Facto Relationship in December 2013, and after that we had been apart from each other only temporary, we consider that we complied with the 12 month requirement but not consecutive. And it worked :)

We are extremelly happy and now is time to celebrate and wait for the Permanent Visa!!!!

Best of lucks to everybody!!!!!

Mariella

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello everybody! I just want to share with all you guys our great news: Our Temporary Partner Visa - 820 - was granted today!!!!

We applied online on Dec 1st 2015. Since then, we have been uploading documents, statements, photos and evidence of our relationship. I did the medicals before applying and I got the Police Check after applying (around September 2016).

We never received any communication from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection. We never were notified with a Case Officer assesment or never been requested for more info.

The last thing we did in our appication, was last week, when we uploaded a file with facebook pictures from the last year (to cover the period since we applied - December 2015 - until now - January 2017). I was thinking of writting a new joint statement with some relevant information for this year, but it wasnt necessary. We received the grant notification letter today!!!!!

One more thing: when we applied, we didnt have 12 consecutive months of living together. We only had 10. However, as we decided to start our De Facto Relationship in December 2013, and after that we had been apart from each other only temporary, we consider that we complied with the 12 month requirement but not consecutive. And it worked :)

We are extremelly happy and now is time to celebrate and wait for the Permanent Visa!!!!

Mariella
That is a wonderful news Magiantola. Congratulations. :):)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hi There,

I am a longtime reader of this thread and it has gotten me through a ton of hard times and questions!

I applied for my 820/801 Visa Onshore on May 10th 2016. I am currently waiting for my 820 approval and have heard nothing of course. Today I got a request for a form 80 to be filled out. I'm a little nervous because I believe I filled out a form 80 with my application and wonder if they will cross reference my answers? I've lived in a few different places over the past 10 years and am worried I will make a mistake?
Any idea how strict they are about these things? (I'm talking being off by potentially a month or so when it comes to moving addresses)
Also does this mean that they are assessing my application and could potentially have an answer?
Fingers crossed!

Thank you so much :)
Biggest tip I can give you is: Don't over-think it! Just fill out the form 80 as asked. Chances are that the form either didn't register or upload correctly (assuming you applied online), or they lost it (if you applied by mail). Sometimes they just request a form be filled out twice. I was asked for another form 40, which freaked me out at first. Biggest point of concern was, like you, I had information that I gave a "ballpark" estimate on...and was afraid it would differ on the requested form from the original form. I simply wrote up an introduction letter for the requested form 40, and explained that one of the questions may differ from the original form as the date was an estimate on both. I also added that both dates should be around the same time frame (within a week or two). If you're that worried that an answer may differ, perhaps do the same?

Also, yes, if immigration specifically requested information from you, then they are processing your application. Some people get a grant the day after uploading a requested form, while others wait a month. However, you should know that an answer is near...so best complete that form 80 soon! Best wishes :)

·
Registered
73 Posts

Mariella
Congrats Mariella!
I applied on the 7th of Dec, hopefully mine is not far away as well. I haven't been contacted from immi at all, and now I am getting really anxious....
May I ask which office did you apply at?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Biggest tip I can give you is: Don't over-think it! Just fill out the form 80 as asked. Chances are that the form either didn't register or upload correctly (assuming you applied online), or they lost it (if you applied by mail). Sometimes they just request a form be filled out twice. I was asked for another form 40, which freaked me out at first. Biggest point of concern was, like you, I had information that I gave a "ballpark" estimate on...and was afraid it would differ on the requested form from the original form. I simply wrote up an introduction letter for the requested form 40, and explained that one of the questions may differ from the original form as the date was an estimate on both. I also added that both dates should be around the same time frame (within a week or two). If you're that worried that an answer may differ, perhaps do the same?

Also, yes, if immigration specifically requested information from you, then they are processing your application. Some people get a grant the day after uploading a requested form, while others wait a month. However, you should know that an answer is near...so best complete that form 80 soon! Best wishes :)
Thank you so much for your response! I filled out my form as accurately as I can remember so hopefully there won't be an issue. I also added a small note saying they may differ slightly so hopefully they will understand thank you for the tip!
Now fingers crossed I hear something soon :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hello everyone :).

I've been reading through these posts for the last week or so and posted a couple of questions...So, what I was thinking about today is: the way I understand it is that when you apply, the processing center that is going to process your application is shown at the footer of the application confirmation letter. Mine gives an address in ACT (I applied from Adelaide, SA). Is there anyone else whose application is being processed in ACT and does anyone have an email address from that processing center?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Congrats Mariella!
I applied on the 7th of Dec, hopefully mine is not far away as well. I haven't been contacted from immi at all, and now I am getting really anxious....
May I ask which office did you apply at?
Hi! I submitted my application online so I really dont know where was it processed!

:)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi! I submitted my application online so I really dont know where was it processed!

What does it say in the footer of your application confirmation letter? Does it give you the address of an office?

·
Registered
73 Posts

That's ok, it is more where you have applied from, for example, I applied in Vic, assuming my application doesn't get relocated, VIc office will process my application.
I can see from your profile you have location WA, I guess that's where you have applied :)
Some offices take longer to process than others.

3621 - 3640 of 6587 Posts