Australia Forum banner

3641 - 3660 of 6576 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hello everyone :).

I've been reading through these posts for the last week or so and posted a couple of questions...So, what I was thinking about today is: the way I understand it is that when you apply, the processing center that is going to process your application is shown at the footer of the application confirmation letter. Mine gives an address in ACT (I applied from Adelaide, SA). Is there anyone else whose application is being processed in ACT and does anyone have an email address from that processing center?
Hey SharKs, mine is the same ACT and I applied in Vic.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hey SharKs, mine is the same ACT and I applied in Vic.
Ah okay! I applied 13 months ago, haven't heard anything since I applied. Renekara, you were a month before me, I think? Did they give you an email address?

Reactions: HRose313

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hello everyone :).

I've been reading through these posts for the last week or so and posted a couple of questions...So, what I was thinking about today is: the way I understand it is that when you apply, the processing center that is going to process your application is shown at the footer of the application confirmation letter. Mine gives an address in ACT (I applied from Adelaide, SA). Is there anyone else whose application is being processed in ACT and does anyone have an email address from that processing center?
Hi there! Mine (PMV application) also shows ACT but I'm pretty sure that's not where it's being processed and I also asked same question in my thread/some other thread and was told it's not being processed at ACT. I have applied online (I'm from Mauritius) and I believe it's being processed by Pretoria (South Africa) office as the embassy in Mauritius advised me they do not process Partner Visas here but same are processed at Pretoria.

So, it's more about where you have lodged your application, if I'm not wrong. But, yea given that you've applied from Australia, maybe yours is being processed at ACT.

All the best mate ;-)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ah okay! I applied 13 months ago, haven't heard anything since I applied. Renekara, you were a month before me, I think? Did they give you an email address?
No, there is no email on the confirmation letter.
On the forum everyone shares this email address

[email protected]

maybe you should try

[email protected]???

or if there is someone else on the forum that reads should share their experience?

I was thinking to send an email too, but after I have been told on the phone to wait till 15 months mark (this is a month ago).... I don't know what to do. It's been 14 months and 9 days ( it's not like I am counting lol)

·
Registered
111 Posts
No, there is no email on the confirmation letter.
On the forum everyone shares this email address

[email protected]

maybe you should try

[email protected]???

or if there is someone else on the forum that reads should share their experience?

I was thinking to send an email too, but after I have been told on the phone to wait till 15 months mark (this is a month ago).... I don't know what to do. It's been 14 months and 9 days ( it's not like I am counting lol)
Thank you :). I totally get it that you're counting haha, I'm at 13 months exactly today! On the internet it still says you can inquire after 13 months :(. I might give it a little bit longer before I send an email... maybe even update my police check because it has expired..

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thank you :). I totally get it that you're counting haha, I'm at 13 months exactly today! On the internet it still says you can inquire after 13 months :(. I might give it a little bit longer before I send an email... maybe even update my police check because it has expired..
Updating police checks is not a bad idea. I did mine and my partners as well. If you send an email please keep us updated :)

·
Registered
11 Posts

Hi guys,

have a quicky; did anyone else get a bridging visa with no work restrictions on it and therefore have to apply for financial hardship (1005) ??

Anyone that can let me know how long I will have to wait to hear back from immi?

it really does seem like we pay more and wait longer than before ey.. :(

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Hi guys,

have a quicky; did anyone else get a bridging visa with no work restrictions on it and therefore have to apply for financial hardship (1005) ??

Anyone that can let me know how long I will have to wait to hear back from immi?

it really does seem like we pay more and wait longer than before ey.. :(
Your bridging visa came with a no work condition, on an 820 application?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
No, the bridging visa waiting came with a 'no work' (BVC)
Can you give us your full timeline/circumstances - the above answer is contradictory to my question.

What visa did you arrive in Australia on.
How did you come to be in a position of not holding a substansitive visa when you applied for your 820 visa.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Your bridging visa came with a no work condition, on an 820 application?
Can you give us your full timeline/circumstances - the above answer is contradictory to my question.

What visa did you arrive in Australia on.
How did you come to be in a position of not holding a substansitive visa when you applied for your 820 visa.
I first came on a student visa in 2014 with the standard limited work restriction (20h).

Applied for a temp skilled sponsor 457 in Sept 2015, but my sponsor was refused so we subsequently filed an appeal with the AAT in Feb 2016. I was issued w a BVA during this period but had an emergency trip home in 2016, so applied for BVB which is due to expire in March 2017.
Whilst waiting on an outcome from AAT, my partner of 2+ years accepted a job interstate (as well as I hated my sponsoring job), so we applied for de facto 820/801 in early Feb 2017.
I never heard back from the AAT, until I withdrew my application in order to apply 820. So this is how I never had a substantive visa.

I have now been issued a BVC with no work condition. Filed a 1005, financial hardship yesterday to get the condition lifted.
Does anyone know how long the gov use to process a 1005 these days?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi all, I rang immigration last week, as I submitted in Aug 2015. And here is the answer:

No case officer, you will not get allocate one until they are ready to finalise your application. Different departments within the state department process different parts of the application, once everything is done, then they will hand over to the "case officer". They do do a early check to return invalid application (hopefully for people that waiting for a while means our application is valid, just a matter of time).

They also advise me to email the Victoria team to request an update, as it is outside the processing standard time (was 12-15month).

I have sent an email, will come back and update once I receive any information.

P.s. we have to redo our police check (Australia & overseas), as we have uploaded upfront.
Hey Cherrygn,

any news regarding the email you've sent?

·
Registered
11 Posts
The last one I was aware of took around 3 weeks, that was mid last year.
Thank you, Mania.
I called immi this morning to try to get a faster processing time, as I have a job offer that is waiting on my response. They couldn't guarantee anything, but will try to have a look at it today. *crossing fingers*

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey Cherrygn,

any news regarding the email you've sent?
Hi Renekara, I have not yet received a reply (normally takes 2 weeks to reply in Victoria).

Will let you guys know once I receive one!

Reactions: renekara

·
Registered
11 Posts
The last one i was aware of took around 3 weeks, that was mid last year.
Thank you so much.

I ended up calling them this morning at 8.30am, explained that I had been offered a job, but couldn't accept until I got results on the 1005. The immigration clerk was very helpful and said they would try (TRY!) to look at it today.
At 12 noon I got grant for lifting the working condition :)

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Thank you so much.

I ended up calling them this morning at 8.30am, explained that I had been offered a job, but couldn't accept until I got results on the 1005. The immigration clerk was very helpful and said they would try (TRY!) to look at it today.
At 12 noon I got grant for lifting the working condition :)
Congratulations :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
waiting

Hi,

I have been reading this forum for a while now.
I just want to share my timeline with you guys.

Lodged 820/801: 29/2/2016 together with AFP check online, Sydney.
Medicals: Submitted on August 2016.

Up until now still waiting for further orders.
Same as most of us here, I haven't received any emails from Immi since except of course the generic email we receive upon submitting the application.

More waiting and hopefully soon grants will come to us all.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I first came on a student visa in 2014 with the standard limited work restriction (20h).

Applied for a temp skilled sponsor 457 in Sept 2015, but my sponsor was refused so we subsequently filed an appeal with the AAT in Feb 2016. I was issued w a BVA during this period but had an emergency trip home in 2016, so applied for BVB which is due to expire in March 2017.
Whilst waiting on an outcome from AAT, my partner of 2+ years accepted a job interstate (as well as I hated my sponsoring job), so we applied for de facto 820/801 in early Feb 2017.
I never heard back from the AAT, until I withdrew my application in order to apply 820. So this is how I never had a substantive visa.

I have now been issued a BVC with no work condition. Filed a 1005, financial hardship yesterday to get the condition lifted.
Does anyone know how long the gov use to process a 1005 these days?
Glad you got your BVC with work rights sorted and approved. I had to do the same. It took about 2 weeks to get it done.

A heads up though...you will need to meet Schedule 3 criteria or request a waiver of Schedule 3, since you did not hold a substantive visa when you applied for the 820. I too, had to meet the requirements. If possible, I suggest you talk a MARA agent asap, so that you are prepared when you get the request for the Schedule 3 requirements. It's not an easy thing to meet.

3641 - 3660 of 6576 Posts