Australia Forum banner

3781 - 3800 of 6587 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
I did my cousin and a friend. I never thought to put my partner as I thought they would see that as obvious!
I could put one of my in-laws. I have a few friends and colleagues but I don't know any of their addresses and I'd like to do this sooner rather than later so would an in-law do?

I've decided to list all the addresses I've ever lived at (about 11 over 4 different countries). Not all of these are on my police checks because some of them I was at for less than 12 months and whilst at most of them, all my "official" post still went to my parents' house.

Is this likely to cause an issue?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I could put one of my in-laws. I have a few friends and colleagues but I don't know any of their addresses and I'd like to do this sooner rather than later so would an in-law do?

I've decided to list all the addresses I've ever lived at (about 11 over 4 different countries). Not all of these are on my police checks because some of them I was at for less than 12 months and whilst at most of them, all my "official" post still went to my parents' house.

Is this likely to cause an issue?
I hope this won't be an issue... I've lived over a number of addresses in the Netherlands too but spent most of my life/time at my parents house, which was also my last official address before I moved to Australia... so I just gave them that address for the police check. I gave some of the other addresses in my form 80 but of some I don't even know the full address anymore, let alone the exact dates I lived there (I moved around a bit when I was a student....)

·
Registered
743 Posts
I hope this won't be an issue... I've lived over a number of addresses in the Netherlands too but spent most of my life/time at my parents house, which was also my last official address before I moved to Australia... so I just gave them that address for the police check. I gave some of the other addresses in my form 80 but of some I don't even know the full address anymore, let alone the exact dates I lived there (I moved around a bit when I was a student....)
Glad I'm not the only one!

Some of them I knew the street name but had to search old Facebook messages to try and find the building and flat numbers.

My halls of residence from my first year of uni aren't even there anymore! They were blown up (on purpose) after we moved out.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Glad I'm not the only one!

Some of them I knew the street name but had to search old Facebook messages to try and find the building and flat numbers.
I used google maps to locate the street and building,but had a good guess of room number :D

Not a problem but If you can renew your passport easily, I reckon you do it now and upload the new one and form 929 for change of passport details. I am looking for a couple of weeks or a month or so? for the grant of your visa if they are just waiting for Form80. Or maybe within 24 hrs after you attached it.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Unfortunately I think getting a new passport will take a little longer than that. Think I'll just upload form 80 when it's done and get a new passport later if it won't cause problems.

Need to apply soon anyway as I'm going to New Zealand in July.

·
Registered
110 Posts
If you get your visa grant in your current passport and apply new one later, I think you have to notify immi for them to re-attach (not sure of the term) the visa grant in your new passport. Somebody can correct me if this is incorrect. If this is correct and you are aware of it, coolioo!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you get your visa grant in your current passport and apply new one later, I think you have to notify immi for them to re-attach (not sure of the term) the visa grant in your new passport. Somebody can correct me if this is incorrect. If this is correct and you are aware of it, coolioo!!
Yea, if you changed address, ID or passport just fill the form 999 then send to the immi to update your new info.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Some great news this morning....we opened our email to a grant notification for my partners 820 visa.
I am in complete shock as we expected to be waiting much longer than we had to.
A massive thank you to everybody on this forum, we did the visa ourselves based entirely on our own research and with the help of Australia Forum users.
Now to wait for for the 801

Here is a timeline of our process for anyone who is interested:
Visa: Subclass 820 (From WHV)
Nationality: British
Applied: Paper, Onshore through Perth Office
Application Date: 21 April 2016
Police checks: Included in application at the time of submission
Medicals: Requested on February 21st 2017 and completed on Wednesday 1st March
VISA GRANTED: 7th March 2017 (10 months from application submission)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yay! Perth office. Less than 12 months.
Congratulations irishzil :) Happy Days for both of you.

Reactions: irishzil

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Always update Immi with passport changes regardless of wether the visa is in processing or has been granted - otherwise you will have issues at the port of entry and potentially could get refused boarding by the carrier.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi all

- Applied for Partner Visa last week online through migration agent
after I lodged the application and paid the visa fees I received 2 emails one includes Acknowledgement letter and the second includes my Bridging Visa BVA Subclass 010
- it says BVA is not in effect because your student visa is currently in effect
- (my Student Visa expires after 8 days)

I would like to know what happens next, I haven't submitted my wedding photos and other evidences yet like statements and statutory declarations

thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Abz,
Best of luck.
If you have a migration agent handling the application for you then you submit your remaining evidence to them and they then provide that to immigration.
My advice would be to contact your migration agent to find out what they need.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
hi all

- Applied for Partner Visa last week online through migration agent
after I lodged the application and paid the visa fees I received 2 emails one includes Acknowledgement letter and the second includes my Bridging Visa BVA Subclass 010
- it says BVA is not in effect because your student visa is currently in effect
- (my Student Visa expires after 8 days)

I would like to know what happens next, I haven't submitted my wedding photos and other evidences yet like statements and statutory declarations

thanks
In regards to documentation - You begin uploading your carefully planned supporting information so that you cover all areas without going over the document limit.

In regards to visas - your BVA will have different conditions, in 8 days time you will be bound by them and no longer the conditions on your student visa, read the grant notice and you will know why you're able to do :).

Good luck.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello all.

Just wondering if any here awaiting an 820 are in QLD, and how if so, long you have been waiting so far? My wife (who is the applicant) and I are only 10 months into our application, but are continuing to fulfill the obligations of her student visa (expensive!) while we wait.

When the 12 month mark passes, is it worth sending an email or making a call to our state DIBP office for an update?

Thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Guys,

I can not believe, the day has finally come!!!!!

I got my visa grant today....after 15months wait!

Good luck to everyone waiting and hope to see you all in the 801 waiting group!
OMG renekara, congratulation!!!!! You got it!!!!

All the wait and anxiety, it paid off.

We are not far from each other, will see you when quality 801!!!!:D

Reactions: renekara

·
Registered
110 Posts
Guys,

I can not believe it, the day has finally come!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!:) Happy days!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Guys,

I can not believe it, the day has finally come!!!!!

OMG I'm so excited for you! I was actually thinking about you today, knowing you applied a couple of weeks before me... and we had the same processing centre I think? Good luck with the 801 and in the meantime, celebrate! :D

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hello all.

Just wondering if any here awaiting an 820 are in QLD, and how if so, long you have been waiting so far? My wife (who is the applicant) and I are only 10 months into our application, but are continuing to fulfill the obligations of her student visa (expensive!) while we wait.

When the 12 month mark passes, is it worth sending an email or making a call to our state DIBP office for an update?

Thanks!
Hi logicalor,

I heard there is no point in emailing before the 15 month mark, as they say they won't give you an update if you haven't been waiting more than 15 months. Sorry :(. You can always try though, and let us know if you're able to get an update :)

3781 - 3800 of 6587 Posts