Australia Forum banner

4061 - 4080 of 6587 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just checked. When we first applied online our BVA grant letter had an ACT address at the bottom. Last week when we got our BVB approved, the address at the bottom is a West Perth, WA address. That's interesting.

Also, I have that same email address at the bottom: [email protected]. Doesn't appear on the ACT letter header/footer.

I'm in Perth.
Your application will be processed in Perth then. I had ACT in my BVA grant letter and the application letter... but mine also got processed in Perth.

Reactions: MarcellusF

·
Registered
147 Posts
Your application will be processed in Perth then. I had ACT in my BVA grant letter and the application letter... but mine also got processed in Perth.
Hmm, well, not sure how to take that. Looks like we've got another 9 months to wait then, judging by how long they took to resolve yours...:(

·
Registered
3 Posts
The email address that is processing your application should be on the visa application confirmation letter that you got when you applied.... I assume it would be WA? In that case, I think it's [email protected]

But I hear they're pretty slow in WA... mine took >15 months. But if it's complete they might make it a priority!
SharKs, thank you so so so much!!!!. Emailed them this morning at 8:30am and received an email at 3pm advising they have granted the visa. Didn't expect it be that fast. Very happy

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
SharKs, thank you so so so much!!!!. Emailed them this morning at 8:30am and received an email at 3pm advising they have granted the visa. Didn't expect it be that fast. Very happy
That is amazing news!!! Congratulations, Nightryda!!! Excellent! :)

Reactions: SharKs

·
Registered
147 Posts
So how about my mate who married a Brazilian lass 2 years ago and applied for the 820/801 early September last year and to whom I referred to in a post on the 15th of October last year:
"My mate with the Brazilian wife was told by their migrant agent that if they're asked the purpose of their trip she was to respond that it was to apply for the onshore visa. Why would they suggest that if it's a breach of the conditions of her visitor visa (not the 650 but another one for Brazilians Etc.)? I called him now to confirm that, so he's not making it up."

Well they just got approved for the 820 last week, so that's a little over 7 months!

She's from a higher risk country, and he's a prior recipient of the partner visa as he's originally from Yorkshire and had applied years ago (more than 5 I'm sure) with his previous de facto partner. He's been a citizen for a while now though.

They weren't together long enough to skip straight to the 801, but that's an awesome result.

Something has changed, that's for sure.

As soon as I get the AFP report for my partner in the post, I'll be hitting their inbox to tell them that we're "decision ready". We've been living together since May 2014, got married in Jan 2015 and just had our second child in Dec. Surely we're good candidates to go straight to 801? Let's get this done!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hmm that was kind of a garbled post from me.

What I mean is:

1) Another example of someone getting approved for the 820 in way less than the 12 -15 months they're saying current processing times are at.

2) I hope we'll be fast-tracked to the 801. Especially considering the proposed changes to citizenship timelines.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Hmm that was kind of a garbled post from me.

What I mean is:

1) Another example of someone getting approved for the 820 in way less than the 12 -15 months they're saying current processing times are at.
I think there is some confusion on these waiting times.

Your example shows that they are in the 75% group. 7 months is in the 75% group of within 18 months.

eg:
Subclass 820 visa processing times
75 per cent of applications are processed within 18 months of application date.
A further 15 per cent of applications are processed between 18 and 20 months of application date.
About 10 per cent of applications take over 20 months.
(March 2017)

April times have changed to 75% being done in under 17 months so far.
https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/801-

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm not confused at all.

That stat doesn't tell you how many are approved in 3 months, or 6 months or 12 months. It just says that 75% are processed within a 17 month time-frame, and that 90% are settled in 20 months.

A lot of people, at least from what I've gathered from trawling this site for over a year, wait more than 10 months for that approval, while others, like our dutch friend above, have had to wait in excess of 15 months.

Seeing a few people pop up of late getting their response generated in 6 or 7 months, when they expected to wait at least 3 months more, seems quite the departure from recent trends.

But then again, I only see what people post here. I'm not privy to any hard data on this.

Either way, I choose to find this encouraging. :D

I think there is some confusion on these waiting times.

Your example shows that they are in the 75% group. 7 months is in the 75% group of within 18 months.

eg:
Subclass 820 visa processing times
75 per cent of applications are processed within 18 months of application date.
A further 15 per cent of applications are processed between 18 and 20 months of application date.
About 10 per cent of applications take over 20 months.
(March 2017)

April times have changed to 75% being done in under 17 months so far.
https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/801-

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
75% of apps processed within 18 months does not mean the wait time is 18 months. It does not surprise me that some people get their grants faster than that, as it happens all the time.

Since it seems so confusing to people, they should make it more simple and say 75% of applications are processed within 1-18 months.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I've just emailed the visa people again.

Three weeks since they told me I would have it within a month.

I pointed out to them that official waiting times when I applied were 9-12 months and here we are getting people from Brazil having their visas processed in 7 months (didn't say that bit!).

·
Registered
111 Posts
S
As soon as I get the AFP report for my partner in the post, I'll be hitting their inbox to tell them that we're "decision ready". We've been living together since May 2014, got married in Jan 2015 and just had our second child in Dec. Surely we're good candidates to go straight to 801? Let's get this done!
We have been living together since the start of January 2013... also got the 820, not the 801. We were disappointed because we wanted to apply around 6 months earlier, but decided to wait a bit longer so we would meet the criteria to go straight to the 801 :(.

I emailed them last week to see if we can get the 801 anyway, but no response yet.

·
Registered
147 Posts
We have been living together since the start of January 2013... also got the 820, not the 801. We were disappointed because we wanted to apply around 6 months earlier, but decided to wait a bit longer so we would meet the criteria to go straight to the 801 :(.

I emailed them last week to see if we can get the 801 anyway, but no response yet.
Yeah, well at least you've emailed them. It probably got overlooked, provided you gave them enough evidence to prove it.

I just sent the WA office an email now:

To whom it may concern,

I am writing this email in the full knowledge that it may not affect the outcome or timeframe of my application for migration as a partner (subclass 820/801).

That being said, and hopefully without sounding presumptuous, I would like to inform you that:

a) My husband M******* and I feel we have uploaded all relevant documentation and evidence for consideration, and that we are decision ready. I have uploaded Form 80, Form 1221 and a National Police Certificate from Italy and the Australian Federal Police. I have also completed my mandatory health assessment, which you have received from Bupa. I have also uploaded all the evidentiary particulars at our disposal that prove that our relationship is genuine and ongoing. I have also included the birth certificates of our biological children who are both Australian citizens.

b) I am a good candidate for passage directly to the 801 Permanent Residency, as our commitment to each other is obvious, and we have been living as partners since May 2014 and have been married since January 2015. Our first child was born in October 2015 and our second in December 2016.

Of course my husband and I would be happy to provide any further evidence the DIBP deems fit, and would not object to attending an interview should the need present itself.

Thank you for considering this email.

Yours sincerely,
C******

Worth a crack, I guess. I'm not expecting anything to come of it though. :D

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
That sounds really good, MarcellusF! Hopefully that lights a fire under them to grant your 801 straight away. With them trying to clear the backlog, I'd think that email might do the trick to get them to grant yours. I know that as soon as I get our AFP checks (hopefully in the post tomorrow), I'm going to upload them, hit that submitted button AND email them. My CO gave me her number to call her...so I might even do that just to let her know that I've submitted what she asked for. Couldn't hurt, right?? ;) Hopefully we'll all get good news soon! :fingerscrossed:

Reactions: MarcellusF

·
Registered
743 Posts
Which form is it that you have to do for a new passport? Apparently mine is arriving on Friday. Hoping uploading it will kick them up the bum!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,
we have applied my wife's visa through online on 27th Feb 2017 and now she's on her bridging visa. We have uploaded most of the relevant attachments except Health check and Police check as we've seen a comments and threads saying it will be good to do those upon the request.
My question is, it's already been two months and we know we should be more patient but is it still better to wait until for them to request those files? or should we get it done and submit it? roughly what would be the time frame for them to ask us to submit those files? Has anyone else waited until they requested?

Much appreciated your kind reply in advance.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Which form is it that you have to do for a new passport? Apparently mine is arriving on Friday. Hoping uploading it will kick them up the bum!
This is what the website says for updating your passport:

If you need to make any changes to your address or passport details you can notify us by one of the following methods:
-Online through your ImmiAccount (for some applications only).
-Complete and submit Form 929 Change of address and/or passport details (251KB PDF).
-Advise us in writing of your new address, making sure you include the following details:
-your full name as set out in the application
-your date of birth
-if the application was made outside Australia, the name of the office
where you lodged the application and one of the following:
-your client number
-the immigration file number for your current application
-the number of the receipt we issued when the application was
made.
Return the completed Form 929 or the written notice by post to a departmental office.

Hope that helps! :)

Reactions: Arabella

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi,
we have applied my wife's visa through online on 27th Feb 2017 and now she's on her bridging visa. We have uploaded most of the relevant attachments except Health check and Police check as we've seen a comments and threads saying it will be good to do those upon the request.
My question is, it's already been two months and we know we should be more patient but is it still better to wait until for them to request those files? or should we get it done and submit it? roughly what would be the time frame for them to ask us to submit those files? Has anyone else waited until they requested?

Thank you.
In my case I did the medical check 4.5 months after I applied, and I wish I had waited longer. I got my visa 11 months after the medical, so they didn't ask me to do it again, but I was stressing about it a bit... that it would expire before my grant. I actually did my police checks a couple of weeks after my application and ended up doing it again a year later because they expired. Based on my experience I would say: just wait until you hear something... unless you don't mind to do them twice if necessary.

Reactions: home1981

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hi,

Thank you.
By the time my 820 was granted my medical was 14 months old, but I wasn't asked to do it again. I waited a few more months to do the AFP check though, so that was still in date. With the long wait times there doesnt seem to be any advatage to doing these checks early, so I'd say it's up to you.

·
Registered
743 Posts
This is what the website says for updating your passport:

If you need to make any changes to your address or passport details you can notify us by one of the following methods:
-Online through your ImmiAccount (for some applications only).
-Complete and submit Form 929 Change of address and/or passport details (251KB PDF).
-Advise us in writing of your new address, making sure you include the following details:
-your full name as set out in the application
-your date of birth
-if the application was made outside Australia, the name of the office
where you lodged the application and one of the following:
-your client number
-the immigration file number for your current application
-the number of the receipt we issued when the application was
made.
Return the completed Form 929 or the written notice by post to a departmental office.

Hope that helps! :)
Looks like I can lodge it on immi.gov.au and just upload a scan :)

But apparently it isn't now arriving till Monday after I arranged to work from home today :rolleyes:

Still no word on my visa :(

4061 - 4080 of 6587 Posts