Australia Forum banner

4081 - 4100 of 6576 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Just wanted to write a quick shout out to all of you who've been in the same boat as me for years and years. Finally........my 801 has been granted exactly 5 years after applying for prospective marriage visa, 2 years and 2 weeks after applying for 820, 1 year and 3 months after bringing our son into this world.

I've lived in Australia for four years already on a valid visa. Onto the next one then.......Australian Citizenship. ......Aluta Continua.

I wish all the very best to everyone still waiting.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Well, I received my new AFP check in the post, but didn't get my partner's or my son's. Guess it's waiting til Monday now. That's ok. Just hope that as soon as I submit them, the CO finishes the visa and I get a grant email!

Hopefully you get yours in the morning, Arabella!!

Reactions: Arabella

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Just uploaded the Updated AFP Checks. Uploaded the requested Form 80s for myself and my son last week. I hit that "Information Provided" tab and now my status is:
Assessment In Progress

I also called the CO's direct number and left her a message, stating that I uploaded the requested information to MyImmi account. Fingers crossed that I get a grant email soon!

Any news from others waiting?? Arabella, have you heard anything? Sharks, what about your 801? Biting my fingernails here! :D

·
Registered
743 Posts
Just uploaded the Updated AFP Checks. Uploaded the requested Form 80s for myself and my son last week. I hit that "Information Provided" tab and now my status is:
Assessment In Progress

I also called the CO's direct number and left her a message, stating that I uploaded the requested information to MyImmi account. Fingers crossed that I get a grant email soon!

Any news from others waiting?? Arabella, have you heard anything? Sharks, what about your 801? Biting my fingernails here! :D
I haven't heard anything :( Today is 4 weeks since they told me they were finalising it, waiting on "external checks" and I should hear in a month.

I was kinda hoping uploading my new passport on Friday would prompt them.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I haven't heard anything :( Today is 4 weeks since they told me they were finalising it, waiting on "external checks" and I should hear in a month.

I was kinda hoping uploading my new passport on Friday would prompt them.
It still might! Think positive! I'm hoping they don't have to do tons of external checks on my Form 80...but I really haven't done a lot of international travelling. Went to Bali twice...the Bahamas once on a cruise...that's it. Other than coming to Australia, of course. I can't believe they are taking so long to finalize yours, Arabella! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

·
Registered
743 Posts
It still might! Think positive! I'm hoping they don't have to do tons of external checks on my Form 80...but I really haven't done a lot of international travelling. Went to Bali twice...the Bahamas once on a cruise...that's it. Other than coming to Australia, of course. I can't believe they are taking so long to finalize yours, Arabella! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!
I know. :( I might have lived in 4 countries but one is Australia and the other 3 were all in Europe. It's hardly like I lived in China or something.

Really hoping it'll be this week! Might even email again if I haven't heard by Wednesday.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Joining in on the wait

Hi everyone,

I am joining in on the wait. Only submitted the 820 online last week.
Sadly, my partner used all the slots on Immi uploading documents and now we have none left to upload awaiting documents.
I guess the only way around it is that I do up a word doc. and explain to whoever will be our assigned CO that I will upload the rest of what is needed for the applicant in the spouses. Hope that won't stuff things up to much. :confused:

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
There's an information provided tab?
Yes, there was for me. It was generated when they sent an email requesting additional information. They requested Form 80s for myself and my oldest son, and requested new AFP checks for myself, my partner and my oldest son. We did medicals 3 weeks ago and right after, I had a CO call requesting the info. It wasn't there before that. I believe it only comes up if they are processing the visa and they request things from you.

Reactions: MarcellusF

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Hi everyone,

Sadly, my partner used all the slots on Immi uploading documents and now we have none left to upload awaiting documents.
I guess the only way around it is that I do up a word doc. and explain to whoever will be our assigned CO that I will upload the rest of what is needed for the applicant in the spouses. Hope that won't stuff things up to much. :confused:
No, it won't hurt anything. I filled up my 60 slots on my part, because I uploaded some things twice (plus uploaded all of my bridging visa stuff, which I found out later I didn't have to). I just added documents to my partner's part until they approved him as sponsor. After that, I've added things under my son's name. There really isn't much under their names other than their identity documents, as the majority was uploaded on my name as applicant. Just be aware, once they approve the sponsor, you won't be able to add anything else under the sponsor's name. Worse case scenario, if they ask you for additional information, you can email it to them. My advice would be for you to upload everything that you want to use as soon as you can. Try by consolidating your documents into single files and then compressing them if they are over the 5MB upload limit.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi everyone,

No, it won't hurt anything. I filled up my 60 slots on my part, because I uploaded some things twice (plus uploaded all of my bridging visa stuff, which I found out later I didn't have to). I just added documents to my partner's part until they approved him as sponsor. After that, I've added things under my son's name. There really isn't much under their names other than their identity documents, as the majority was uploaded on my name as applicant. Just be aware, once they approve the sponsor, you won't be able to add anything else under the sponsor's name. Worse case scenario, if they ask you for additional information, you can email it to them. My advice would be for you to upload everything that you want to use as soon as you can. Try by consolidating your documents into single files and then compressing them if they are over the 5MB upload limit.
That is really the only way to go from here. I will be taking the reigns and not letting hubby do it. I am the sponsor. Most of everything was uploaded on hubby as he is the applicant such as the rental lease, bank statements etc etc. I will just upload his police check and medical on mine. Most of the documents required for me are very little compared to everything joint between us already submitted. Hopefully the CO will be able to work everything out. :)

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
The medical will still go on his, as that's separate from the uploads. So, if it's just the police checks, that's a good thing.

Reactions: Liiza

·
Registered
111 Posts
No response yet. I'll let you know when I hear something!

Reactions: LadyRogueRayne

·
Registered
743 Posts
Had a reply this morning...

"As per email on 4 April, we are still waiting on external checks"

Totally ignoring the fact that in said email, they also said they expected to be able to make a decision within a month.

It's been 4 weeks since 4 April and it's nearly 4 May. Surely they should be done by now?! What are they waiting for?!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Had a reply this morning...

"As per email on 4 April, we are still waiting on external checks"

Totally ignoring the fact that in said email, they also said they expected to be able to make a decision within a month.

It's been 4 weeks since 4 April and it's nearly 4 May. Surely they should be done by now?! What are they waiting for?!
Wow! That's ridiculous! Now it has me worried they'll take ages to do my Form 80 checks...especially since there are 2..one for me and one for my son, who just turned 18 on Sunday. Haven't lived in any other countries...just the USA and here in Australia. Well, hopefully you sending that email will cause them to get it done. It started to seem like they were really picking things up...but now it looks like they've stalled out. Back to the waiting game. :(

·
Registered
743 Posts
Wow! That's ridiculous! Now it has me worried they'll take ages to do my Form 80 checks...especially since there are 2..one for me and one for my son, who just turned 18 on Sunday. Haven't lived in any other countries...just the USA and here in Australia. Well, hopefully you sending that email will cause them to get it done. It started to seem like they were really picking things up...but now it looks like they've stalled out. Back to the waiting game. :(
I know :( It's now 8 weeks since they asked me for form 80.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Just realised my Australian Police Check expires tomorrow. :(

I ended up doing one because my work asked for one and then did one for me so I changed the purpose of it. I thought doing it FOUR MONTHS after my application wouldn't be an issue and if the waiting times had stayed what they were I'd be fine.

They'd better not ask for another one.

4081 - 4100 of 6576 Posts