Australia Forum banner

4121 - 4140 of 6587 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Got My Visa Granted

I can finally make a post here. I got my Temporary Partner Visa 820/801 granted this morning.

I would like to thank everybody in this forum for helpful tips and support.

Below is my timeline of application (i hope it can help those who are currently waiting):

Lodgment date : 03/04/2016
Request further information (police check and further relationship evidence) : 18/04/2017
Submitted all evidences : 02/05/2017
Visa granted : 04/05/017

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I can finally make a post here. I got my Temporary Partner Visa 820/801 granted this morning.

I would like to thank everybody in this forum for helpful tips and support.

Below is my timeline of application (i hope it can help those who are currently waiting):

Lodgment date : 03/04/2016
Request further information (police check and further relationship evidence) : 18/04/2017
Submitted all evidences : 02/05/2017
Visa granted : 04/05/017
Congratulations! That is awesome! Can't wait to see more grants come in! :)

And thank you for all the congrats, Everyone! It's a happy day! :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bvb

Hi guys,

How long does BVB application gets approved usually? I urgently have to be overseas, applied for BVB last Fri and status says "submitted".

Thanks.

·
Registered
154 Posts
It is so nice to see so many grants last week. :) Congrats to all!

I'm 14 months since the date of my application next week, I am loosing my hope. :( Also next month I need to go back my country. My father will have a heart surgery. I was hoping to get my visa before my trip.

Date of Application: 12.03.2016 (onshore / online)
Police Check: 30.1.2017
Medicals: 20.02.2017

·
Registered
147 Posts
I hear ya.

The really annoying thing is that you read on the DIBP website about the processing times averaging a certain amount of months, and then you speak to people who only had to wait 6 months for the 820 while others have to wait over 15 months. It sucks that applicants with seeming identical circumstances and risk level can have such wildly different wait times.

Case in point, my mate with the Brazilian wife. Applied in September 2016 and got approved in April. 6 and a half months. They didn't even get a phone call or email from a CO. Driving to work one morning and his wife got an email out of the blue approving the 820. My mate reckons he still had documents he wanted to upload! Then you hear about people from low risk countries waiting in excess of 15 months. Doesn't make sense.

I know, it's just more whinging, but it's these kind of inconsistencies that put you on edge.

We're off back to Italy on Wednesday with a 7 month BVB multiple entry. We haven't booked our return ticket yet as we're flying there on the return leg of an old ticket, an we don't know how long we'll be staying. Just don't want to get there and then a few weeks later get a CO contact us and say you gotta get back to Oz as we're going to finalise the application. Would be great to know ahead of time... I figured wed have to wait till at least October this year, but with all these randomly quick approvals lately, everything feels up in the air.

Anyway, rant over.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I hear ya.

The really annoying thing is that you read on the DIBP website about the processing times averaging a certain amount of months, and then you speak to people who only had to wait 6 months for the 820 while others have to wait over 15 months. It sucks that applicants with seeming identical circumstances and risk level can have such wildly different wait times.

Case in point, my mate with the Brazilian wife. Applied in September 2016 and got approved in April. 6 and a half months. They didn't even get a phone call or email from a CO. Driving to work one morning and his wife got an email out of the blue approving the 820. My mate reckons he still had documents he wanted to upload! Then you hear about people from low risk countries waiting in excess of 15 months. Doesn't make sense.

I know, it's just more whinging, but it's these kind of inconsistencies that put you on edge.

We're off back to Italy on Wednesday with a 7 month BVB multiple entry. We haven't booked our return ticket yet as we're flying there on the return leg of an old ticket, an we don't know how long we'll be staying. Just don't want to get there and then a few weeks later get a CO contact us and say you gotta get back to Oz as we're going to finalise the application. Would be great to know ahead of time... I figured wed have to wait till at least October this year, but with all these randomly quick approvals lately, everything feels up in the air.

Anyway, rant over.
Wish you best of luck ;)

Well, I guess I will wait a few more weeks. After that, I will apply BVB and go back to Istanbul. I just cannot delay it, it is a family matter and I wish ti be with my father during his recovery.

Fingers are crossed! :)

Reactions: MarcellusF

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm from the US, came here in May last year, applied for the 820 a couple weeks later. Got my Bridging Visa A within a few days. Submitted all the paperwork, started working, have a AusSuper acct, Medicare and back in February they asked for Form 888 be submitted by 2 people as witnesses to our relationship. It's been almost a year since applied, all I have ever gotten is "application is being assessed." It's frustrating.

·
Registered
6,122 Posts
I'm from the US, came here in May last year, applied for the 820 a couple weeks later. Got my Bridging Visa A within a few days. Submitted all the paperwork, started working, have a AusSuper acct, Medicare and back in February they asked for Form 888 be submitted by 2 people as witnesses to our relationship. It's been almost a year since applied, all I have ever gotten is "application is being assessed." It's frustrating.
Did you submit the 888's with the original application?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I applied Oct. 20 2016 I am from the USA, doing my medical next friday (hoping it triggers the process) My application is only received, nothing being looked at.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I hear ya.

Anyway, rant over.
yeap that`s life i was waiting 16 months

·
Registered
6,122 Posts
I believe you can, but I didn't.. They sent an email requesting them. So, we had two friends do them for us. and now waiting again..........
I thought they were a vital part of the application at the very beginning. It was a pain getting them done., I was panicking about getting them done in time.

Reactions: LadyRogueRayne

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
I thought they were a vital part of the application at the very beginning. It was a pain getting them done., I was panicking about getting them done in time.
Seeing how long it can sometimes take to get back from people, it's prob best to submit them as early as possible. We usually ask people 2-3 months before applying to do them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi there ,
Anyone with experience please help advise me
I submitted my 820 online and got BVA immediately on 4th of Nov 2015

It is about over 18months since i got BVA
When i open my immi account it showed 2 stage saying
Stage 1 status: received
Stage2 applying for 801/100 : now it opens for me to submit but it seems that i could not submit it through because i have not got 820, i am still on BVA

Is it true that i have to wait until i granted 820 then i am able to submit for 801 ?

It said that i will be granted PR within 2yrs since submission on 4thNov2015

Thank you very much

·
Registered
21 Posts
I hear ya.

Anyway, rant over.
I feel you Marcellus. Really frustrating and annoying.

I'm from Malaysia (low risk country) and as of today, I have been waiting for almost 17 months.

I applied on 19th Dec 2015. I got an email once from them asked me to do medical. And after that, nothing until today.

I do understand that the department is busy currently but when you hear other people from high risk country got approved less than a year, it make you think that this is unfair and start thinking of what kind of system they are using in prioritize the application.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I feel you Marcellus. Really frustrating and annoying.

I'm from Malaysia (low risk country) and as of today, I have been waiting for almost 17 months.

I applied on 19th Dec 2015. I got an email once from them asked me to do medical. And after that, nothing until today.

I do understand that the department is busy currently but when you hear other people from high risk country got approved less than a year, it make you think that this is unfair and start thinking of what kind of system they are using in prioritize the application.
Ouch, yeah that must suck.

I just emailed the Perth office this morning to confirm that we were flying out tomorrow and that we'd like to know ahead of time should it eventuate we needed to be back at a certain time for finalisation of the application.

I also cheekily suggested that if they finalised our application before tomorrow evening, then all of this would be moot! haha.

And I actually got a reply. They said that at this time they are unable to finalise our situation but that they hoped we enjoyed our stay overseas and to make sure we acquire the two penal/police certificates relative to the Italian authorities. lols

Of course, we uploaded both of those documents with NAATI translations when we made our online application in October...

Ah well, it was worth a shot! I'm stoked I got a reply, tbh.

4121 - 4140 of 6587 Posts