Australia Forum banner

4241 - 4260 of 6629 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
actually, it's just 40-ish documents. I attached some categories with the same attachment such as, evidence of identity, I put passport, evidence of the name, with passport as well.
I put all evidence including my custom photo album which had 40 pages with 3 photos each page. Is that too much?
It's not the quantity, but the quality that matters. Just make sure that you have solid evidence of all the requested documents as listed in the visa booklet. I think that when you are from a low-risk country, the CO will just perform a check if all the documents are there and if the required documents are to their satisfaction... then it's just a stamp of approval.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all,

I submitted my application in March (UK citizen) - of course - haven't heard anything yet.

A couple of questions:

1. With the automatic 801 (partner and I have been de facto for about 6 years, together for 10), do you have to file another 801 form? Is there anything I need to do in this regard.

2. I haven't done any medical/police check yet. I note that many people seem to get these done before being asked - is there any benefit to this approach? I was planning on waiting until CO tells me to upload.

It's a frustrating process - that's for sure. I have been in Australia for nearly a decade (student visa followed by 457). Looks like I might not get an answer on 820 for another year. And of course we have recently learned that once getting the 801 - I need to wait 4 years before citizenship! Looks like I'll be ;living life in Aus for over 15 years before eligible for citizenship! Seems like too long to me!

Thanks for any comments.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi all,

I submitted my application in March (UK citizen) - of course - haven't heard anything yet.

A couple of questions:

1. With the automatic 801 (partner and I have been de facto for about 6 years, together for 10), do you have to file another 801 form? Is there anything I need to do in this regard.

2. I haven't done any medical/police check yet. I note that many people seem to get these done before being asked - is there any benefit to this approach? I was planning on waiting until CO tells me to upload.

It's a frustrating process - that's for sure. I have been in Australia for nearly a decade (student visa followed by 457). Looks like I might not get an answer on 820 for another year. And of course we have recently learned that once getting the 801 - I need to wait 4 years before citizenship! Looks like I'll be ;living life in Aus for over 15 years before eligible for citizenship! Seems like too long to me!

Thanks for any comments.
We're still waiting so can't confirm this is the right approach to take, but:

1. I just included a paragraph at the end of my history of relationship statement stating that we had been married for x years, and in a relationship for x years, and that I respectfully requested my husband be considered for the permanent partner visa at this time.

I don't think there is anything specific you need to do in terms of the application, however from other's experiences, it looks like they do sometimes forget/overlook this point so you just need to draw their attention to your eligibility to avoid having to chase them up later on.

2. Waiting for CO to request police/health checks may just slow down the process, depending on how many countries you need to obtain checks from. We had a few to do, and the longest took 6 weeks to receive. I waited until about 6 to 8 months after applying to start arranging these so that are ready to go when someone finally looks at the application, but should hopefully still be valid by the time we get a CO. The health check was not a big deal, we got a same day appointment and results were sent to immi within 48 hours.

Have also heard that at the moment they are processing 'pre-loaded' applications more quickly as they don't have to waste time chasing you up (something to do with reaching quota's before EOFY), whether there is truth to that I don't know. We are coming up to 12 months waiting now and haven't heard a peep from immi, but my husband is from a high risk country (Poland) - you may be luckier coming from the UK.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello,

I'm a Filipino Citizen married to an Australian resident (UK citizen)

• Applied 24 June 2016
  • Email request for AFP/Med/Police clearance 16 May 2017
  • Uploaded AFP & finished Medical by 23 May 2017
  • Email request for Police clearance again (Sent them an email asking for an extension as process to get NBI was slow) 20 April 2017
  • Uploaded NBI clearance 31 May 2017

Did not use an agent, application is currently marked as,"ASSESSMENT IN PROGRESS"

Just wanted to ask about that bit in my immi account, my husband's bit has been marked "APPROVED" :confused::confused: approved for what?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello,

I'm a Filipino Citizen married to an Australian resident (UK citizen)

• Applied 24 June 2016
  • Email request for AFP/Med/Police clearance 16 May 2017
  • Uploaded AFP & finished Medical by 23 May 2017
  • Email request for Police clearance again (Sent them an email asking for an extension as process to get NBI was slow) 20 April 2017
  • Uploaded NBI clearance 31 May 2017

Did not use an agent, application is currently marked as,"ASSESSMENT IN PROGRESS"

Just wanted to ask about that bit in my immi account, my husband's bit has been marked "APPROVED" :confused::confused: approved for what?
Hi Rsley, thanks for the update.

May I ask which state you applied in?

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
It means they approved your husband as you sponsor. In March, I logged into my Immi account to upload a document. I noticed that they had changed my fiance's status to Approved. We received our grant in May. Some folks have approved listed for months before they get the grant. It does mean that someone has looked at your application...so that's always a good sign.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Joeys

We lodged ours on 16 May 2016 and are still waiting for any response at all, whereas others have had their visas granted even though they have applied months after we did.

There appears to be no rhyme or reason to the time it's taking for applications to be processed, other than that it seems WA is processing them faster than everywhere else.
Hi,
Mine was processed in WA, I applied January 2016, and it got approved after a little over 15 months. I know someone who applied in the same month as me (also processed in WA I believe), who is still waiting (coming up to 17 months now). So I don't know if WA is faster!

Reactions: logicalor

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,
Mine was processed in WA, I applied January 2016, and it got approved after a little over 15 months. I know someone who applied in the same month as me (also processed in WA I believe), who is still waiting (coming up to 17 months now). So I don't know if WA is faster!
That's long .. :D I just submitted it two weeks ago and still waiting for the decision, also I am currently living in Canberra.. hehe.. finger crossed everything is fast and fine.
Thanks for your info anyway. :D:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Morning all:

Just thought I would pass on that a customer service representative at DIBP told me yesterday that because I have been living with my wife for 6 years, and together for 10 - I the processing time for the 801 visa could be waived. When I questioned her about this - she claimed that I still had to wait for two years after grant of the 820 visa, but the time that was waived would be the 15-20 months processing time after this initial two years.

I understand that this information is completely incorrect. It is my understanding that if you surpass the eligible de facto time frame - the two year on a temporary visa could be waived. Could someone please confirm this?

Second, I came to Australia nearly a decade ago - first on a student visa, and then on a 457 (recently expired). When applying for the student visa (offshore), I had to undergo the medicals and police check. I have not left Australia in this time. Notably, I did not need to undergo any further medicals/police checks for the 457 - but as I understand, I need to have to do more medicals and police checks now (is the UK police check really necessary seeing as I haven't been back since my original student visa?)

Thanks for your comments!

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Morning all:

Just thought I would pass on that a customer service representative at DIBP told me yesterday that because I have been living with my wife for 6 years, and together for 10 - I the processing time for the 801 visa could be waived. When I questioned her about this - she claimed that I still had to wait for two years after grant of the 820 visa, but the time that was waived would be the 15-20 months processing time after this initial two years.

I understand that this information is completely incorrect. It is my understanding that if you surpass the eligible de facto time frame - the two year on a temporary visa could be waived. Could someone please confirm this?

Second, I came to Australia nearly a decade ago - first on a student visa, and then on a 457 (recently expired). When applying for the student visa (offshore), I had to undergo the medicals and police check. I have not left Australia in this time. Notably, I did not need to undergo any further medicals/police checks for the 457 - but as I understand, I need to have to do more medicals and police checks now (is the UK police check really necessary seeing as I haven't been back since my original student visa?)

You'll still have to wait the normal wait period when you apply for the 820. Once the 820 is granted, the 801 should be simultaneous.

·
Registered
182 Posts
No , I didn't submit anything. Just filled out the form, paid the amount and they sent the BVB. Took less than a week. They usually don't give it until about 2 weeks before you leave, but I did mine a month before and had it within a week.
Applied for my wife's BVB a week before planned departure. Received the very day we applied, so quick. We attached a cover letter stating the urgency as I had to arrange and International Police Check as a sponsor.
The inittial BVB was only for 3 weeks multiple trips. I replied stating disappointment and the requirement for a longer period and they replied immediately granting 3 months. Very inmpressed.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Morning all:

When you put in your original application (stage one, usually 820) you should say that you believe to be eligible for the 801 as you've been living together for more than three years (at the time of the application). You should get the 801 at the same time as the 820. So yes, if that is what the representative told you, that's wrong. You still have the wait time for the 820 (15-20 months or something), but at least you don't have to provide evidence twice (two years apart). Does that make sense?

(In my case they 'forgot' to consider my application for 801, and I had to remind them and follow it up.... 5 weeks later (after I got the 820) they looked at it again and agreed I should have been granted the 801 straight away and gave it to me so it's worth following up if you don't get it!)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Got this email today.

So this morning my wife received this email:

Partner Visa Application - Action Required [DLM=For-Official-Use-Only]

cid:[email protected]
Australian Government
Department of Immigration and Border Protection

Client Name: **********
Application ID: *********

IMPORTANT - ACTION REQUIRED

PLEASE NOTE- We will not respond to questions covered in the FAQ or in the Detailed Information Attachment.

DOCUMENTS REQUIRED NOW
Please ensure that you have provided all of the information below that is relevant to your circumstances.
You are not required to re-submit information if you have already provided it.

Evidence of your relationship (For more information- refer to Detailed Information attachment)
□ Written statements from you and from your partner detailing the history of your relationship
□ At least 2 statutory declarations (Form 888) from individuals who are Australian citizens or permanent residents
□ Evidence that your relationship is genuine and continuing from the date your relationship began until the present date

Your relationships
□ Provide evidence if you, your fiancé(e) or partner or anyone included in your application is or has been married, divorced or widowed

If you are applying on spousal grounds
□ Marriage certificate

Sponsorship Requirements
□ Completed Form 40SP from your sponsor
□ Evidence that your fiancé(e) or partner is an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen

Your identity
□ Documents to prove your identity
□ Copies of the passports or travel documents of all people included in your application

Form 80
□ Applicant - Completed Form 80 - Personal particulars for assessment including character assessment (For more information- refer to Detailed Information attachment). Ensure there are no gaps in residence, travel, education and employment history.

OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Please ensure that you have provided all of the information below that is relevant to your circumstances.
You are not required to re-submit information if you have already provided it.

Applicant Character (For more information- refer to Detailed Information attachment)
□ Applicant - Complete disclosure National Police Check (NPC) from the Australian Federal Police (AFP)
□ Applicant - Overseas Police clearance

Sponsor Character (Only required for New Zealand sponsors or applications including child dependents - refer to Detailed Information attachment)
□ Sponsor - Complete disclosure National Police Check (NPC) from the Australian Federal Police (AFP)
□ Sponsor - Overseas Police clearance
□ Sponsor - Completed Form 80 - Personal particulars for assessment including character assessment (For more information- refer to Detailed Information attachment)

Non-Migrating Dependent Character (For more information- refer to Detailed Information attachment)
□ Non-Migrating child between 16 and 18 years - Overseas Police certificate

Under 18 Dependent Applicant
□ Dependent applicant - Evidence of Non-Migrating child between 16 and 18 years - Overseas Police certificate

How To Provide Documents
Any documents you wish to provide in support of your online application must be scanned and uploaded to your ImmiAccount. A maximum of 60 attachments can be uploaded per applicant. The file size limit for each attachment is 5 MB. If you have run out of room on this account, at first instance please upload the documents to your Sponsor's account. Otherwise, you may attach scans of the required documentation in an email to the address provided to you in your acknowledgement letter.

When uploading Forms, please ensure all pages are consolidated in one PDF file.

Further ImmiAccount assistance, including checking the progress of your application, Technical Support and Frequently Asked Questions can be found at: ImmiAccount

Frequently Asked Questions And Answers etc. etc.

So, not entirely sure whether this means they're close to assigning it to a CO, or whether it's an automatic thing.

Interestingly, this email came from the Queensland Temp. Visa office, while last time we got correspondence from the Perth office.

I got no idea.

I replied to this email by reiterating that we've uploaded everything in that list, and also reiterated that we are currently in Europe and that it would be awesome if they could let us know roughly when they're close to a decision so we can be back in time.

More than that I don't think I can do much else.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Anyone getting approvals lately, seems a bit quiet?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Hang in there, folks! Still 2 weeks left of the fiscal year. Keep the faith! :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
yup I agree, I have given up on the idea too. Oh well....only problem I have with it is I hope my medical doesn't expire now since I rushed to get it done in hopes of being processed by the end of financial year. :)

Seems very quiet. We are two weeks off the 12 month mark and haven't heard a thing from immi, have given up on the idea of being part of the end of financial year rush of grants that seemed to be going on earlier.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
So this morning my wife received this email:

Partner Visa Application - Action Required [DLM=For-Official-Use-Only]
That sounds like one of the emails you receive when they are getting ready to process the application. Hopefully it's good news!! Especially with you emailing them back that you've submitted it all and it's decision ready. I'd try to call them. Couldn't hurt.

Reactions: MarcellusF
4241 - 4260 of 6629 Posts