Australia Forum banner

4301 - 4320 of 6576 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
It's frustrating for us all, it's definitely not an ideal process. But to be honest, I think much of it is to prove how much you want to be here, and what you are willing to do to be here. To me, even though the process is frustrating...I am just glad I can be here with my partner in the meantime and willing to wait. I was aware that it's a long wait time and planned for even longer cause it's the government. I too received the automated email asking for information (if not supplied already) but to me that's progress because there must be a reason they sent it. Though I wish someone who has gotten that email before and had activity after could let us know what happened after they received that email. Some don't even get the email. So then I wonder...well why did I get it. I'd rather not have one, cause then it makes me stress more! HAHA
Showing how much you want it, I'm sure isn't a factor that they need demonstrated. To be honest, my wife isn't all that keen on living in Australia the rest of her life. We chose to come back to Oz for pragmatic reasons. Work, kids, security and English for the kids are things that we took into account. Also, if Putin decides to annex another chunk of the Ukraine, or someone blows up St Peter's, then I want my family to have the option of getting the f**k out no questions ask.

My wife misses Italy. And she's perplexed half the time she's in oz. But she knows it's the right choice for right now. It gives us something we need in the shirt to medium term.

I can see how being dedicated to Australia and wanting it really bad can come in to play for citizenship applications, which we all know is becoming more and more a factor the government and DIBP is taking into consideration, but it shouldnt be a consideration for PR, and certainly not for partner visas.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Showing how much you want it, I'm sure isn't a factor that they need demonstrated. To be honest, my wife isn't all that keen on living in Australia the rest of her life. We chose to come back to Oz for pragmatic reasons. Work, kids, security and English for the kids are things that we took into account. Also, if Putin decides to annex another chunk of the Ukraine, or someone blows up St Peter's, then I want my family to have the option of getting the f**k out no questions ask.

My wife misses Italy. And she's perplexed half the time she's in oz. But she knows it's the right choice for right now. It gives us something we need in the shirt to medium term.

I can see how being dedicated to Australia and wanting it really bad can come in to play for citizenship applications, which we all know is becoming more and more a factor the government and DIBP is taking into consideration, but it shouldnt be a consideration for PR, and certainly not for partner visas.
Well said... I know I don't want to live in Australia for the rest of my life. It's to have as a comfortable means for my relationship w/ my partner and future kids. That way we can come and go as we please with not worrying at immigration saying no and questioning another bridging visa time and time again.

·
Registered
147 Posts
100% agree with you... I'd be more than happy to wait if it were truly like that... and the site saying that applicants are assessed in the order in which they are received. That's complete BS, or people I know who have applied well after me being granted an 820 wouldn't be happening... and I know their circumstances are no different EXCEPT the fact I know they have been together for 2 less years than my partner and I and barely lived "de facto" for a year. It's just really irritating. I've waited the allocated processing time suggested from March 2016 applicants and still nothing... now blown out as you said to 21 months, it's ridiculous. I, too, have to always fork out more money for the BVB to travel... my partner and I are well into 10K + for this visa so far... and crickets. It's definitely gotten to me! I am happy I'm not the only one seeing others around me w/ no different circumstances getting approved.

My partner and I joke, my application must have been allocated to a lazy CO and just waiting there to be opened and 'ticked'.
As they say, it's funny because it's (probably) true. Either a lazy CO or a lazy office.

A month or two back I was at my wits end because I saw 3 or 4 people getting approved after 6 to 7 months. It was doing my head in pretending to be happier than I actually was for them when all I wanted to do was slam my head against a wall...

But it comes in waves. Some weeks I forget about. Others I'm OCD-stylee logging in to all of the sites and spitting chips left, right and centre....

I probably need to chill, haha

·
Registered
61 Posts
As they say, it's funny because it's (probably) true. Either a lazy CO or a lazy office.

A month or two back I was at my wits end because I saw 3 or 4 people getting approved after 6 to 7 months. It was doing my head in pretending to be happier than I actually was for them when all I wanted to do was slam my head against a wall...

But it comes in waves. Some weeks I forget about. Others I'm OCD-stylee logging in to all of the sites and spitting chips left, right and centre....

I probably need to chill, haha
Ugh yeah. I don't want to say lazy office because someone in that office is hustling to pump out 820s haha, but not mine. Sigh. My frustration has just peaked as another person I know just posted they received her 820 and again the applicant was well after I've applied, and only about a 5-6 mo wait. I couldn't even fake being happy, haha usually I can, but I just flat out said... "sorry, but that's bullshit." I usually don't care and forget about it haha... but the generic e-mail I got stirred up my frustration again haha!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yea I do agree with you both...I guess I just try to look at it as...there is nothing I can do about it and try to think about it as positive as I can. But I do understand the frustration. Especially getting that generic email myself! Another positive thing I tried to say to myself is...even if others who applied after are getting approved first, maybe that frees up less of a wait time for me?? But doesn't seem to since the processing times are being pushed even further! :( I wish you guys luck

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yea I do agree with you both...I guess I just try to look at it as...there is nothing I can do about it and try to think about it as positive as I can. But I do understand the frustration. Especially getting that generic email myself! Another positive thing I tried to say to myself is...even if others who applied after are getting approved first, maybe that frees up less of a wait time for me?? But doesn't seem to since the processing times are being pushed even further! :( I wish you guys luck
I'm hoping I just get straight 801 and not 820, which I know has happened to some people that have waited well past the suggested application processing timeline when they originally applied. Staying positive is critical, but only natural to get frustrated every now and again. Happy to see tho, that others are feeling the same/dealing w/ the same processing hurdles. Good luck to you!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm hoping I just get straight 801 and not 820, which I know has happened to some people that have waited well past the suggested application processing timeline when they originally applied. Staying positive is critical, but only natural to get frustrated every now and again. Happy to see tho, that others are feeling the same/dealing w/ the same processing hurdles. Good luck to you!
Yeah, I'm hoping for a straight to 801 as well, but I'm pretty sure they're gonna quibble on that too. My wife and I were living together as partners to the exclusion of all others blah blah, 2 years and 5 months before applying, and we already had a daughter born on Oct 2015. Plus, she was 6 months
preggo the day we coughed up the dough and submitted. BUT, we had very little evidence to prove that we were living together. My wife had everything already in her own name when I moved to Italy. House, utilities, internet, cars - you name it. Plus, in Italy, you can't just add a name to a phone account. Obviously, we didn't have a lease agreement, as she owned her place outright. So all I have is emails and some purchases and letters Etc that came to that address.

So I'm guessing they're gonna stuff me on that too.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yeah, I'm hoping for a straight to 801 as well, but I'm pretty sure their gonna quibble on that too. My wife and I were living together as partners to the exclusion of all others blah blah, 2 years and 5 months before applying, and we already had a daughter born on Oct 2015. Plus, she was 6 months
preggo the day we coughed but the dough and submitted. BUT, we had very little evidence to prove that we were living together. My wife had everything already in her own name when I moved to Italy. House, utilities, internet, cars - you name it. Plus, in Italy, you can't just add a name to a phone account. Obviously, we didn't have a lease agreement, as she owned her place outright. So all I have is emails and some purchases and letters Etc that came to that address.

So I'm guessing they're gonna stuff me on that too.
I know people who have fudged so much to meet the requirements for living together etc... my partner and I just have phone bills, emails like you, and so on. Getting over it real quick, sometimes I just want to move back to the US as it would be easy for my partner to get a visa thru me at a far less cost and time-frame, but I have a feeling the second I do that, is the second I'll get approved for the visa here in Straya. So don't want to risk it, just really frustrated at this point and today, cos well it's Monday and what better day to be annoyed haha!

·
Registered
61 Posts
We got married in Jan 2015 after 8 months of living together, and since then we've accumulated more evidence, but the first 5 months of our cohabitation was very hard to prove. So yeah, if they want to be d*cks, they can say "here's the 820, but that's a yeah nah for the 801.".
Ugh. Well, I hope you get an 801 haha... but ffs, imaging getting the boot and your 28 days notice... I try explaining to HR to hire me and be like listen I don't think I'm going to get booted cos I've been in Straya for like 4 years now... but yeah, my BVB does say they could kick me out with 28 days notice haha. Ughhhhhh

·
Registered
13 Posts
Afp check

I'm so discouraged reading everyone's updates (but still happy for everyone). I've been a quiet follower for awhile now.

I applied for 820/801 March 2016...
I uploaded every single document they required shortly thereafter... around the beginning of June 2017 I got a generic e-mail about more required documents, but to ignore it if they were already uploaded. The only thing I had to do was to obtain my medical, which I have done now two weeks ago.

I haven't even been granted my 820 yet, or been assigned a CO, or anything and hearing that the processing time has been upped for these visas to the tune of 21 months is so discouraging! :(:(:(
jmp425.... please don't feel discourged. I feel for you as i have been into your situation as well very frustating process but keep your hopes high. You can get your AFP check online and the certificate will be posted to you.

·
Registered
61 Posts
jmp425.... please don't feel discourged. I feel for you as i have been into your situation as well very frustating process but keep your hopes high. You can get your AFP check online and the certificate will be posted to you.
Thanks for the reassurance! I've submitted my AFP check online now, too to the documents section on my immi account. Hopefully, fingers crossed it's sooner than later I hear.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I come into this group to read the comments everyday, just to calm myself down when I see people who have the similar wait. My application is 15 months, and because it has been such a long wait so now I always say to myself "ok, keep it a couple more months then grant me the PR" haha. But I know they wouldn't give it to me, I and my partner been living together for 1,5yr. 3 months before I applied for the visa and 3 yrs in relationship till the day I applied and now it's 4yrs and 3 months. I know I wouldn't be granted the 801 but it's just what I really hope at this stage. Wish everybody luck.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I come into this group to read the comments everyday, just to calm myself down when I see people who have the similar wait. My application is 15 months, and because it has been such a long wait so now I always say to myself "ok, keep it a couple more months then grant me the PR" haha. But I know they wouldn't give it to me, I and my partner been living together for 1,5yr. 3 months before I applied for the visa and 3 yrs in relationship till the day I applied and now it's 4yrs and 3 months. I know I wouldn't be granted the 801 but it's just what I really hope at this stage. Wish everybody luck.
I am hoping the same... I have read some that said you must be given the 820 first, but in the same day they received two emails... one granting the 820, then immediately after granting the 801. My partner and I have said the same thing... if just another couple months, then it would be looked at for PR, not just TR. Good luck.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am hoping the same... I have read some that said you must be given the 820 first, but in the same day they received two emails... one granting the 820, then immediately after granting the 801. My partner and I have said the same thing... if just another couple months, then it would be looked at for PR, not just TR. Good luck.
well yeah, it should be considered for the PR I hope. but for the new changes they said we have to hold TR for 3 yrs to be eligible for PR so I don't know if it would be affected.

·
Registered
61 Posts
well yeah, it should be considered for the PR I hope. but for the new changes they said we have to hold TR for 3 yrs to be eligible for PR so I don't know if it would be affected.
Online in my immi account above my application it says that 'This application will be eligible for consideration for permanent residence 2 years from lodgement (commencement date).'

From my understanding the other visa changes don't change the Partner Visa application methods... and this is from the border.gov.au site "Processing time for subclass 801 Partner (permanent) visa is from date of eligibility (2 years after the 820/801 application is lodged) to finalisation." Which was updated as of last week.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Online in my immi account above my application it says that 'This application will be eligible for consideration for permanent residence 2 years from lodgement (commencement date).'

From my understanding the other visa changes don't change the Partner Visa application methods... and this is from the border.gov.au site "Processing time for subclass 801 Partner (permanent) visa is from date of eligibility (2 years after the 820/801 application is lodged) to finalisation." Which was updated as of last week.
it's a great thing then. :)

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Those of you that think you should be granted 820 and 801 at the same time I suggest writing a cover letter that you wish to be considered for 801 and why you believe you qualify and attach it to your immi account.

·
Registered
182 Posts
A couple of questions:
Are forms 40sp and 47sp required to be uploaded if already applied online?

If coming up to 2 years married and with a child 1 year old and already applied for onshore visa a year ago, would that at least qualify for TR(820)?
Wife already on BVB but it has limits and at least with 820 approved, we can come and go for holidays and visiting family and friends overseas without needing to seek approval and apply for BVB to leave again.:(

4301 - 4320 of 6576 Posts