Australia Forum banner

4481 - 4500 of 6587 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Oh okay, yeah I think that is the case for everyone as it is a requirement to have a medical so it's more of a automatic formality. I didn't do the medical right away because it is only valid for 12mo. I only did the medical once I received correspondence about Form80, Medical, and AFP check. So, I supplied my medical last month a day after I received an email about it. Who knows though... seems to be different for everyone!
I supposed u were already assigned a Case officer?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I supposed u were already assigned a Case officer?
I haven't been assigned a CO yet. The email I received about Form80, Health, and AFP was a generic email from partner.temporary email address from the QLD processing centre.

Lodged: 09 March 2016
First correspondence: 05 June 2017

·
Registered
15 Posts
I haven't been assigned a CO yet. The email I received about Form80, Health, and AFP was a generic email from partner.temporary email address from the QLD processing centre.

Lodged: 09 March 2016
First correspondence: 05 June 2017
There was Form 80 and AFP for my sponsor on the "Attach Documents" on my Immi Account so I have already submitted.

21 June 2017 - Health clearance cleared
3 July 2017 - waiting for further instruction

·
Registered
61 Posts
There was Form 80 and AFP for my sponsor on the "Attach Documents" on my Immi Account so I have already submitted.

10 June 2017 - lodged Partner visa
10 June 2017 - medical requested
15 June 2017 - done medical
21 June 2017 - Health clearance cleared
3 July 2017 - waiting for further instruction
Yeah, that's there for everyone as well right away. The generic email is just making sure that those documents are there and then a good time to get the medical since it's only valid for 12mo. Had I done the medical right when I lodged, I would have had to pay for another medical since I've been waiting longer than 12mo to be assigned a CO.

The immi account will have all the documents required/suggested, and so on as attachment options.

Good luck to you!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah, that's there for everyone as well right away. The generic email is just making sure that those documents are there and then a good time to get the medical since it's only valid for 12mo. Had I done the medical right when I lodged, I would have had to pay for another medical since I've been waiting longer than 12mo to be assigned a CO.

The immi account will have all the documents required/suggested, and so on as attachment options.

Good luck to you!

·
Registered
61 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
applied on 19 June 17
Got Bridge Visa immediately. Supplied all the documents.
Long term relationship with a child so should get 801 immediately after 820.
Let's see how long the wait going to be.

Medical done 6 months back for visitor visa so not doing again until asked by CO once assigned. Though by default it says that you require a medical examination.

Any information appreciated guys.

All the best to all of you.

Cheers
Vipin

·
Registered
111 Posts
applied on 19 June 17
Got Bridge Visa immediately. Supplied all the documents.
Long term relationship with a child so should get 801 immediately after 820.
Let's see how long the wait going to be.

Medical done 6 months back for visitor visa so not doing again until asked by CO once assigned. Though by default it says that you require a medical examination.

Any information appreciated guys.

All the best to all of you.

Cheers
Vipin
Hi,

Just make sure you request to be considered for the 801 as well... I did that, and even then they overlooked this and only granted me the 820. I had to send them multiple emails and calls to get my application looked at again... eventually after 5 weeks they agreed I should have gotten the 801 and they granted it. So I'd make it absolutely clear in your application that you have a long term relationship. But maybe with a kid they will look at that anyway, not sure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi

I am due to submit my application soon - do I get the medical and police checks prior to being asked and have them ready or do they give you time to collect them once asked for?

Thanks
Sasha

·
Registered
31 Posts
Anyone know if the new changes are going to affect the process? We are going on 14 months now, still waiting and hear nothing. Submitted application and medical and all papers within 2 months. Nothing since then. I check the site and always says the same - "application being assessed."

·
Registered
104 Posts
Anyone know if the new changes are going to affect the process? We are going on 14 months now, still waiting and hear nothing. Submitted application and medical and all papers within 2 months. Nothing since then. I check the site and always says the same - "application being assessed."
Hi,
I guess you won't be too far away from the grant as your immi status is application being assessed, meaning they are processing it at the moment. Good luck!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I hope they don't, I don't think they should. If anything, they are just requiring more for the Sponsor to be uploaded... but it doesn't apply to those who lodged before the change date.

I'm going on 15 months and counting now. At least your immi account says 'application being assessed' mine just said "received." It's been '"received" since 09 March 2016.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I hope they don't, I don't think they should. If anything, they are just requiring more for the Sponsor to be uploaded... but it doesn't apply to those who lodged before the change date.

I'm going on 15 months and counting now. At least your immi account says 'application being assessed' mine just said "received." It's been '"received" since 09 March 2016.
Don't worry about the status of your application. Mine went from "received" to "granted" in a matter of hours. If your application is complete you might never get a request from a CO, you might get a grant straight away!

4481 - 4500 of 6587 Posts