Australia Forum banner

4501 - 4520 of 6595 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Don't worry about the status of your application. Mine went from "received" to "granted" in a matter of hours. If your application is complete you might never get a request from a CO, you might get a grant straight away!
Thanks for the insight :) I'm pretty sure my application is complete, so only a matter of time I reckon. Literally haha! :D

Hoping new fiscal year brings many grants.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Someone just told me that for some people, a CO was never assigned but the grant just came after they supplied documents as required. Hmmm...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Someone just told me that for some people, a CO was never assigned but the grant just came after they supplied documents as required. Hmmm...
Even better, some people get approved without ever hearing from the department. Not even the generic email. Straight out of the blue!

Either their application was perfectly complete, or they just got lucky. Most likely the latter...

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Hi Mish,
Is it true that all the 820 applications are processed by QLD visa centre? I found most people got the generic email from there. And this is what my friend also told me. :confused:
No it isn't true at all. What happens is that some get transferred to QLD or WA for processing as they don't seem to have as many applications as NSW and VIC.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I got communication from the Perth office for our BVB application, after which they even replied to our email describing our intentions while away and suggested we get another police clearance while we were away. And we got the generic email from the Queensland office, to which we replied and subsequently got no email response from them.

Take from that what you will.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I am currently in Perth. I was wondering why QLD centre sent me the email. I thought it should be Perth centre as it doesn't get as many application as others. So weird

·
Registered
31 Posts
I hope they don't, I don't think they should. If anything, they are just requiring more for the Sponsor to be uploaded... but it doesn't apply to those who lodged before the change date.

I'm going on 15 months and counting now. At least your immi account says 'application being assessed' mine just said "received." It's been '"received" since 09 March 2016.
It took quite awhile to go from received to being assesed. But it's really getting old now. Basically, our lives are in their hands and the waiting game is just leaving life up in the air.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
There was a CO, they were just never contacted because the CO didn't need any more information. Same happened to me with my 820 (grant showed up with no contact) and woild have happened with the 300 but they had to email me asking to go offshore for grant.

Ideally, one wouldn't want to hear from a CO as that means your app is either missing something or the CO needs more evidence to be convinced of your relationship. But that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
111 Posts
There was a CO, they were just never contacted because the CO didn't need any more information. Same happened to me with my 820 (grant showed up with no contact) and woild have happened with the 300 but they had to email me asking to go offshore for grant.

Ideally, one wouldn't want to hear from a CO as that means your app is either missing something or the CO needs more evidence to be convinced of your relationship. But that's just my opinion.
Yes you're right. I never heard from my CO before I was granted the 820. I was only in contact with her afterwards, to discuss whether I was also eligible for 801. My grant letter was signed with the CO's name and staff number, so I assume that's what usually happens. You might not have contact with your CO before a grant but they do assess your application :p

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi All,

I got my visa grant this morning, I'm ecstatic!!

Timeline:
820 lodged: 19 Oct 2016 via agent
I'm from: UK
Did medical without being requested 1st week of may
Additional info requested: 11 may 2017 (requested UK police clearance and proof of relationship lodgement to present)
Submitted everything: 19 may 2017
Granted: 6th July 2017

Good luck to everyone still waiting. Hopefully there will be many more grants this week!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi All,

Timeline:
Additional info requested: 11 may 2017 (requested UK police clearance and proof of relationship lodgement to present)

Good luck to everyone still waiting. Hopefully there will be many more grants this week!
Congrats!!!!!! Now I am jealous again.....:p

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi All,

Timeline:

Congrats! Now i'm jealous again! I have given up even looking at the site, it's discouraging after 14 months of waiting and never a word.

I am hoping more people are able to be approved soon. Good luck to everyone.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Congrats! Now i'm jealous again! I have given up even looking at the site, it's discouraging after 14 months of waiting and never a word.

I am hoping more people are able to be approved soon. Good luck to everyone.
I'm jealous, too but also happy for them! It's a hard balance hey? I've given up looking, too... have been waiting 16mo now. :(

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi All,

Timeline:

Congrats! I'm jealous, but HAPPY for you and your partner! Celebrate this achievement :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yep, congrats.

They applied a week after us. So there's still that.

But yeah, congrats..

It's like when you're down to the last two in Masterchef, and you lose, but you still have to look like you're genuinely happy for the winner.

Yeah, that feeling.
Haha, perfect comparison! It's definitely hard sometimes to crack that smile and genuinely be happy when it seems completely unfair... I think it's just set in my mind that stupid "applications are processed in order in which they are received," that the immi site says... cos obvio it's total BS!

Cheers to 16mo of waiting. Maybe me having to apply for another BVB for work in November will make them be like oh... why don't we just grant the 820, or they'll be like nah... let's take the extra money for a new visa app haha.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Was the additional info requested from a Case officer or the normal generic email from QLD?

Hi All,

Timeline:

4501 - 4520 of 6595 Posts